Check your account email address ×

A bit better information on who Covid is putting in ICU and killing.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Now add in the large numbers of people who have or have had it and were not tested and it drops these numbers significantly.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/04/01/824874977/underlying-health-disparities-could-mean-coronavirus-hits-some-communities-harde

"More than three-quarters of the COVID-19 patients who required ICU treatment in the U.S. had underlying health issues, including heart disease, diabetes and chronic lung conditions, according to the new CDC data on 6,600 cases for which underlying conditions and hospitalization status were reported. Certain underlying conditions were more likely to lead to intensive care in the hospital — for instance, of the COVID-19 patients who had underlying heart disease in that same CDC analysis, 21.5% landed in the ICU."

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

"More than three-quarters of the COVID-19 patients who required ICU treatment in the U.S. had underlying health issues, including heart disease, diabetes and chronic lung conditions, according to the new CDC data on 6,600 cases for which underlying conditions and hospitalization status were reported. Certain underlying conditions were more likely to lead to intensive care in the hospital — for instance, of the COVID-19 patients who had underlying heart disease in that same CDC analysis, 21.5% landed in the ICU."

Same as flu only a lot more. 

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

How many weeks are you guys going to post the same shit that everybody already knows? 

A better breakdown of who is getting sick and dying?   First time its been posted. 

Just now, Highmark said:

A better breakdown of who is getting sick and dying?   First time its been posted. 

Anler likes to flail around in a hissy when nobody reads his links or watches his 40 minute Jimmy Dore videos then comments in the thread anyway.

Hmmmm....

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Actually it’s info that’s been known for weeks 

Edited by spin_dry

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Has it been posted?

It’s the same data as with seasonal flu. There’s nothing new there. CV duplicates everything about season flu except it’s more contagious and has a higher mortality rate. 

• USA Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It’s the same data as with seasonal flu. There’s nothing new there. CV duplicates everything about season flu except it’s more contagious and has a higher mortality rate. 

So CV is just a flu?  Why you guys all triggered about it?

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

The American Diabetes Association has said that diabetics are not any  more susceptible than the average Joe. Interesting 

And they can’t figure out why people are getting sick of the “stay home orders”.

Just contradictory nonsense from one day to the next from our “experts” who have clearly seen this as an opportunity for future funding.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

And they can’t figure out why people are getting sick of the “stay home orders”.

Just contradictory nonsense from one day to the next from our “experts” who have clearly seen this as an opportunity for future funding.

I just went to the hardware store and they threw me out cause I didn’t have a mask on. I to.d them to fuck off and I hope they go out of business.

pricks

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

I just went to the hardware store and they threw me out cause I didn’t have a mask on. I to.d them to fuck off and I hope they go out of business.

pricks

You should have told them you were there to buy a mask. :lol:

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Oh Im sorry i thought I have already read 1000 posts about how the actual deaths are much lower... 

48 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Anler likes to flail around in a hissy when nobody reads his links or watches his 40 minute Jimmy Dore videos then comments in the thread anyway.

Hmmmm....

Those 40 minute videos are still shorter than your posts. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Oh Im sorry i thought I have already read 1000 posts about how the actual deaths are much lower... 

Well you should read more than that little portion. :thumbsup:

35 minutes ago, Pete said:

The American Diabetes Association has said that diabetics are not any  more susceptible than the average Joe. Interesting 

The youngest person in Minnesota to die was 56 and he had diabetes but he actually died of a blood clod.   My wife knew him.

The data is now coming out that this spreads quickly and most have no symptoms.  It hits the elderly and those with pre-existing conditions hard.  Those aren't the people who are productive in the economy anyways.  Time to open up.