Check your account email address ×

How is your workplace handling virus?

• USA Contributing Member

So I work at a “plant” that during normal times can have over 5000 people. When the virus was first making an appearance they sent office people home with their laptops and monitors. Anyone that could “work from home” was sent home. Currently only ones at the facility are mainly production people, techs, some engineers, some managers, security.......

As far as health safety we are “social distancing” as much as possible and are wearing masks. We are given new masks once a week. Signage is everywhere, wash hands... distance... 

Crews were hired to walk around and clean door handles, railings, etc all day.  A crew comes in a couple nights a week and cleans work surfaces where they can.

Cafeterias serving limited items, no salad bar or “taco Tuesday” open serving areas. 

last I heard there were 10 known covid positive employees. They had service go into these work areas and clean. 

For the most part I feel safe, mask is a nuisance but I am good about putting it on around others. Place smells like disinfectant everywhere.   I work independently most of the day so I’m away from people for the most part.  I think I would be going nuts if I was home all this time do that’s a positive. 

Anybody with similar experiences?

my schedule  in the mortgage business is as "normal" as possible.   I go to the office every day,  of the 10 of us who work out of my office 3 are normally in and 7 work remote.  that is not unusual but i usually see most of those sales people at least 1-2 times a week and the 2 admins 4 days a week.  My admin has been in once since the schools shutdown as she has 2 little ones.  My daughter is actually working for her helping out 3 days a week as she has more patience.  

We have moved over the last 2 years to allow the complete process to be done electronically so it's not been a hardship outside the fact i like to meet face to face at least once during the process which we now don't do.  The plan that has been discussed going forward into our large operations offices is the possibility of phased reintroduction to the office with temp taking before they get access to at least try to help.  We have 4 buildings at our HQ and 3 operation centers big enough to prob require that,  the other 80 or so locations are small like mine and it will be straight back to normal outside still limiting visitors.  

Not much change aside from lines being shut down or scheduled outages being extended

The economy was completely in the shitter before this virus and is worse now so what’s happening isn’t much of a surprise 

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Not much change aside from lines being shut down or scheduled outages being extended

The economy was completely in the shitter before this virus and is worse now so what’s happening isn’t much of a surprise 

:lol:  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

:lol:  

Manufacturing was in recession. The Fed was slashing rates and tossing out massive QE

The economy was complete shit. Sorry that hurts you

My dept is the only one in the state still doing face to face forensic assessments. We did find some N95 masks. I sterilize mine every night with a UV lamp. Some clients aren’t coming in so it’s hit or miss. Some days we are swamped and other days slow. We’ve been relocated and will again come August if needed. Policies from upper management change by the day. Quite honestly, I know how to keep myself safe and just do what I need to do. There’s a lot of idiocy right now. I’m just hoping nobody gets sick. Right now it’s work and go home. 

Ol lady and I are working from home, she's in the spare bedroom and I'm at the kitchen table with 3 monitors, my office chair, and pretty much full functionality.

I'm busier than a one armed paper hanger as a lot of customers are requesting loan increases and I'm finishing up another $10 million of new commercial loan commitments to fundamentally strong businesses this month, I just have to have my attorney run the closings and I can only attend virtually, will probably have to put on a button up that day as it's usually sweats. :lol:

I've been fortunate to still have snow up north so I get to look forward to snowmobilin every Saturday since the golf courses are closed here due to the virus. Final weekend of sledding Saturday though, so might have to take up underwater basketweaving.

it is still early in our paving season so not much going on, we are required to self check in on our safety website prior to leaving home, safe distancing at our plants and now thanks to dictator Cuomo masks, I am in a truck and am required to wear mask at refinery and spray cab down with disinfectant at end of day and only stop for bathroom stops no conveient stores or truck stops

• Gold Member

Were going full bore. Shipyard work to prep the boats and barges for launch next week. Everyone is social distancing as much as possible which is easy in the wide open shipyard. Since I'm from NY no one wants to be around me much so I have been doing online Hazwoper training in my hotel room. It sucks having to get the hotel take out every day tho. Fucking nasty shit they serve us. I'll be happy when we head to sea.

23 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Were going full bore. Shipyard work to prep the boats and barges for launch next week. Everyone is social distancing as much as possible which is easy in the wide open shipyard. Since I'm from NY no one wants to be around me much so I have been doing online Hazwoper training in my hotel room. It sucks having to get the hotel take out every day tho. Fucking nasty shit they serve us. I'll be happy when we head to sea.

hazwopper training sucks

Most of the people at my workplace are working from home including me, aside from the once a week or so office visit for a turnover meeting since I've got a PM that likes to go over the blueprints together.  We did some restructuring right around the time Corona was coming out which means that I became a "zone" employee so I'm also getting requests from branches in a few neighboring states to put together projects for them as well even though our branch remains consistently busy enough that I can't even keep up with our own stuff.  My wife is working from home too so we're sort of co-workers now.  Everyone I worked with is a Trumpster so it's kind of nice for a change to have someone I can take lunch and bitch about Trump with.  

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Mind numbingly boring! Still better than cleaning tanks!

Are you heading out on the same ship to the same places you went to last year, or do you get to see some new places and some new faces ?

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Are you heading out on the same ship to the same places you went to last year, or do you get to see some new places and some new faces ?

Sister-ship, slightly bigger. Otherwise the same places and same faces. Western AK from about as far north as Kotzebue and south to The Aleutians and then out the Aleutians to Nikolski. Right in that range.

• Like 1