Check your account email address ×

New Study finds over 28 million are infected by Covid19

I know several people who most likely have it or had it but werent tested at the time because there werent any tests being done and now they arent testing people who they dont feel are critical. Our next door neighbor thinks their 16 yo son has it now. they called the doc but he isnt being tested. His mom works in a doctors office too... 

We are going to see about getting the antibody test because I think it already came thru here. A guy in the office almost died from viral pneumonia in early Feb. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I know several people who most likely have it or had it but werent tested at the time because there werent any tests being done and now they arent testing people who they dont feel are critical. Our next door neighbor thinks their 16 yo son has it now. they called the doc but he isnt being tested. His mom works in a doctors office too... 

We are going to see about getting the antibody test because I think it already came thru here. A guy in the office almost died from viral pneumonia in early Feb. 

I think when all the data is in, covid19 will be one of the most if not the most contagious virus we’ve ever seen. 

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I think when all the data is in, covid19 will be one of the most if not the most contagious virus we’ve ever seen. 

Or it will be the biggest hoax of all time!

• Platinum Contributing Member
51 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

When there’s a virus as contagious as covid19, the mortality rate doesn’t matter. It’s a game changer. 

I agree with this however I do think we could have done things differently especially if China was upfront with the world. 

I do think its been here longer than is being told and vastly more people have had it and do have it currently than the numbers the govt is providing. 

Edited by Highmark

20 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I agree with this however I do think we could have done things differently especially if China was upfront with the world. 

I do think its been here longer than is being told and vastly more people have had it and do have it currently than the numbers the govt is providing. 

We would have seen a surge in deaths if it was here earlier. It’s clear it was not

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, f7ben said:

We would have seen a surge in deaths if it was here earlier. It’s clear it was not

there has been no reported spike in deaths that could not be attributed to a known virus prior to Feb so your probably right.  

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

When there’s a virus as contagious as covid19, the mortality rate doesn’t matter. It’s a game changer. 

No it’s not. Once it makes its way through it’ll be of no concern for many years 

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

there has been no reported spike in deaths that could not be attributed to a known virus prior to Feb so your probably right.  

It’s just common sense 

Just now, Angry ginger said:

but I kNow SOMEone who was sick it mUSta bEeN thE CoRonaS

That’s seriously the most tired idiotic thing people have repeatedly said over the last two months.....I hear and read it every day

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

The only real hard data is the mortality rate. And the trajectory of that is duplicated almost perfectly in every country. Given that, I highly doubt it was here sooner. It’s interesting how a contagious disease remains flat in its curve for so long until it finally flares. Once this thing hit a certain point, the mortality rate and the rate of infection exploded. I can see how China’s CDC was unsure of community spread for the first few weeks. But after a certain point it was all too obvious. 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Doesn't mean it didn't mutate stronger. 

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The only real hard data is the mortality rate. And the trajectory of that is duplicated almost perfectly in every country. Given that, I highly doubt it was here sooner. It’s interesting how a contagious disease remains flat in its curve for so long until it finally flares. Once this thing hit a certain point, the mortality rate and the rate of infection exploded. I can see how China’s CDC was unsure of community spread for the first few weeks. But after a certain point it was all too obvious. 

Wouldn't that indicate it could have been here longer?

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Wrong it's the rate at which the virus kills. It's irrelevant how many get infected if 99.999 are recovering as this study suggests

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Wouldn't that indicate it could have been here longer?

Not when you consider that the high trajectory of deaths begin to occur between 4-5 weeks after it’s detected. Last I heard the contagion rate was 2.5 people infected per person. It takes awhile for the momentum to build. But the upswing is fairly consistent with almost all countries. So I don’t think so. 

6 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Wrong it's the rate at which the virus kills. It's irrelevant how many get infected if 99.999 are recovering as this study suggests

A more contagious disease will spread quicker and pile up the bodies and fill hospital beds faster. That’s what this disease has done. 

It's amazing the spread of opinions in this site, regarding COVID 19. 

Me personally, I'm scared shitless of this fukker. The infection rate, the death rate, the recovery rate, the duration of infection, the discomfort of infection, it's all irrelevant. 

You guys do what you think is right for you. 

Me, I ain't leavin' this fukkin' place unless I absolutely have no other choice. Only place I'm goin' is to the gas station, and maybe fishing, and the drive-thru pharmacy. 

7 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

It's amazing the spread of opinions in this site, regarding COVID 19. 

Me personally, I'm scared shitless of this fukker. The infection rate, the death rate, the recovery rate, the duration of infection, the discomfort of infection, it's all irrelevant. 

You guys do what you think is right for you. 

Me, I ain't leavin' this fukkin' place unless I absolutely have no other choice. Only place I'm goin' is to the gas station, and maybe fishing, and the drive-thru pharmacy. 

And you should be praying no one is spunking or pissing on your groceries!! 

41 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

I spent 4 days in Las Vegas in February and had showgirl legs wrapped up all over me.  If that gave me the Covid, it was worth it.

Sounds like a good story. Do tell!

:lol: 

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

A more contagious disease will spread quicker and pile up the bodies and fill hospital beds faster. That’s what this disease has done. 

Because it’s new and nobody has antibodies.  It’ll be mostly one and done