Check your account email address ×

Army field hospital leave Seattle after nine days and never saw one patient

that is good news,  they were prepared and were not needed 

Hope that continues to be the same for all these temporary facilities being built.  Sure we can consider it a "waste" of money but being prepared often is.  Once we are through this we should have the stockpiles of equipment that have been lacking for a decade.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Hope that continues to be the same for all these temporary facilities being built.  Sure we can consider it a "waste" of money but being prepared often is.  Once we are through this we should have the stockpiles of equipment that have been lacking for a decade.

no shit. How anyone can paint this as a negative news story is beyond me. 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Yep, time for the states to step it up on their stockpiles.   Yes federal govt too but most of it should be on the shoulders of the states.   This pandemic proves it.   NY, NJ and a few populated states do not have the right to hoard the national stockpiles.   Federal govt simply cannot stockpile enough and distribute it equally.   It worked out on this one but might not on the next one.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yep, time for the states to step it up on their stockpiles.   Yes federal govt too but most of it should be on the shoulders of the states.   This pandemic proves it.   NY, NJ and a few populated states do not have the right to hoard the national stockpiles.   Federal govt simply cannot stockpile enough and distribute it equally.   It worked out on this one but might not on the next one.

What bullshit really?

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

What bullshit really?

Why is it bullshit?   You don't think the states have any responsibility?   Of course not look who I'm talking too.   You want the fed govt to wipe your ass for you too.  

Its not hard to foresee a populated state or city needing a large portion of the fed stockpile.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Why is it bullshit?   You don't think the states have any responsibility?   Of course not look who I'm talking too.   You want the fed govt to wipe your ass for you too.  

Its not hard to foresee a populated state or city needing a large portion of the fed stockpile.  

If the president was a Democrat he would have zero issues with the FEDs Response. 

What's funny is I don't remember anyone blaming Obama for the Feds response on H1N1. I got it and I didn't blame the government. Shit happens we get sick. I think Obama did a fine job on it. 

33 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Shut it down for 70 more days!

Oh wait that was Michigan smh

Did you see what she did yesterday? You can't buy a can of paint now it's illegal. 

She's pissed off because the Republicans blocked her outrageous 70 day request so she's inflicting pain on the entire state now. WHAT A DUMB CUNT

Edited by jtssrx
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

They do. The fed provides leadership in a pandemic crisis and never would wait for 6 to 8 weeks denying the pandemic and telling Americans it was a hoax. A national stay at home order would have saved many lives.

I can only imagine how many lives would have been spared iif acted upon months ahead ahead of the current administration.

Trumps all yours and he’s a huge fail

7 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Did you see what she did yesterday? You can't buy a can of paint now it's illegal. 

She's pissed off because the Republicans blocked her outrageous 70 day request so she's inflicting pain on the entire state now. WHAT A DUMB CUNT

Speaking of dumb cunts^^^^^^^^^

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Speaking of dumb cunts^^^^^^^^^

70 days is a bit out there Jimmy. I don’t hear anyone else saying that. 

23 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

If the president was a Democrat he would have zero issues with the FEDs Response. 

What's funny is I don't remember anyone blaming Obama for the Feds response on H1N1. I got it and I didn't blame the government. Shit happens we get sick. I think Obama did a fine job on it. 

Absolutely ZERO.  

6 minutes ago, Edmo said:

70 days is a bit out there Jimmy. I don’t hear anyone else saying that. 

Fine but do you really think she is “punishing all of us” because she is mad at Republicans? We aren’t the only state trying to prohibit people from buying non essentials. I don’t agree with her forming a task force to investigate the “racial disparities” of the virus as the reasons  it hits blacks  harder are obvious IMO. She is pandering.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

They do. The fed provides leadership in a pandemic crisis and never would wait for 6 to 8 weeks denying the pandemic and telling Americans it was a hoax. A national stay at home order would have saved many lives.

I can only imagine how many lives would have been spared iif acted upon months ahead ahead of the current administration.

Trumps all yours and he’s a huge fail

:lol:  If Trump attempted a national stay at home order in late January you would be on here today bitching he ruined the economy and you know it.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fine but do you really think she is “punishing all of us” because she is mad at Republicans? We aren’t the only state trying to prohibit people from buying non essentials. I don’t agree with here forming a task force to investigate the “racial disparities” of the virus as the reasons  it hits blacks  harder are obvious IMO. She is pandering.

Some of the things she says and does are a bit extreme, and she gets all pissy when she doesn’t get her way.

Yuge gas tax raise

Not allowing the drugs Trump praised

70 more days lockdown

So far I’m not a fan...

• Like 1

Just now, Edmo said:

Some of the things she says and does are a bit extreme, and she gets all pissy when she doesn’t get her way.

Yuge gas tax raise

70 more days lockdown

So far I’m not a fan...

So she acts a lot like Trump and she did allow the drugs...come on Ed you know better.

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Yuge gas tax raise

70 more days lockdown

So far I’m not a fan...

There was no reason to add to what she already had in place. She's pissed period end of story. 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fine but do you really think she is “punishing all of us” because she is mad at Republicans? We aren’t the only state trying to prohibit people from buying non essentials. I don’t agree with her forming a task force to investigate the “racial disparities” of the virus as the reasons  it hits blacks  harder are obvious IMO. She is pandering.

The folks in the neighborhood i work in are acting like business as usual, nothing even close to social distancing, still all high fives and fist bumps, hanging out in groups on the corner, sharing a blunt walking down the street, bums out panhandling on their usual corners and grabbing used cig butts out of the butt containers businesses have. Its as if nothing happened.. Its very strange to see the difference when I head home and hit the market and people are doing the best they can to social distance and do the right things to prevent any spread.