Check your account email address ×

The WHO Fires Back At Trump

• Platinum Contributing Member

I think once this settles down we need to take a long look at our relationship financial and otherwise with this organization....Trump is right on with this one.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/who-director-hits-back-at-trump-threat-to-defund-agency

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I think once this settles down we need to take a long look at our relationship financial and otherwise with this organization....Trump is right on with this one.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/who-director-hits-back-at-trump-threat-to-defund-agency

Yep.   Considering the CDC was not let into China and getting all their information from the WHO. 

Jan. 30th 2020

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/p0130-coronavirus-spread.html

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) today confirmed that the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) has spread between two people in the United States, representing the first instance of person-to-person spread with this new virus here.

Previously, all confirmed U.S. cases had been associated with travel to Wuhan, China, where an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by this novel coronavirus has been ongoing since December 2019. However, this latest 2019-nCoV patient has no history of travel to Wuhan, but shared a household with the patient diagnosed with 2019-nCoV infection on January 21, 2020.

Recognizing early on that the 2019-nCoV could potentially spread between people, CDC has been working closely with state and local partners to identify close contacts of confirmed 2019-nCoV cases. Public health officials identified this Illinois resident through contact tracing. Both patients are in stable condition.

“Given what we’ve seen in China and other countries with the novel coronavirus, CDC experts have expected some person-to-person spread in the US,” said CDC Director Robert R. Redfield, M.D.  “We understand that this may be concerning, but based on what we know now, we still believe the immediate risk to the American public is low.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Cut those assholes off today for that statement as far as i'm concerned..

The United States has been taken advantage of by these international organizations for far too long.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

The United States has been taken advantage of by these international organizations for far too long.

Agree 100%, im all for helping people and organizations, but when the heads are making $300k a year +, we dont need to help them..

5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Agree 100%, im all for helping people and organizations, but when the heads are making $300k a year +, we dont need to help them..

What do you think a MD earns a year?

People need to understand the scope of the WHO before you dismiss it.

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

What does that matter about him?

Edited by Rigid1

10 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The biggest problem right now is their bias toward China. This NEEDS to be an independent organization. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I understand the scope but if they want our money they need to more accountable and show a little deference. 

10 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

What does that matter about him?

300k is not unusual for “heads” as you called them to make.

Shitting on the WHO during a worldwide pandemic is Trumps usual deflection for his own failures.

If he wants to make changes proceed with them after the pandemic slows. 

Trump looks like a fool as usual during a time where he needs to shut his fuckin mouth.

Edited by Mainecat

Just now, Mainecat said:

Shitting on the WHO during a worldwide pandemic is Trumps usual deflection for his own failures.

Trump looks like a fool as usual during a time where he needs to shut his fuckin mouth.

You should so a little research on the guy, he isnt even a physician 1st off.   He has been put in charge of other health organizations in his home country and controversy has surrounded him as he turned those organizations into political weapons.. Its well documented..

Just now, Roosting said:

nato ring a bell? I believe your tone was a bit different regarding this?

I don't believe I ever commented on NATO so take your hard on elsewhere.

49 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

fund them fuck at this point don't we need to borrow money from them? and any one else dumb enough to give us a loan 

7 minutes ago, Roosting said:

Never eh?

I don't recall saying anything about NATO...if you have a quote post it and I'll admit that I was wrong as I think all of these relationships need to be examined. 

Why are you Manitoba weirdos so annoying? 

Andrew is cool but the rest....

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Thanks 1

Just remember you being critical of what he was doing regarding nato.

Especially who was paying for it in particular and his calling out under payers.

His message was are we getting our $$$ worth out of this org. you were critical.

now it's different when he calls out the who.......

am I wrong here?

39 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

You should so a little research on the guy, he isnt even a physician 1st off.   He has been put in charge of other health organizations in his home country and controversy has surrounded him as he turned those organizations into political weapons.. Its well documented..

Trump does the same in his cabinet every week. You have no problem with that....even Trump had zero government experience.

1 hour ago, Roosting said:

Just remember you being critical of what he was doing regarding nato.

Especially who was paying for it in particular and his calling out under payers.

His message was are we getting our $$$ worth out of this org. you were critical.

now it's different when he calls out the who.......

am I wrong here?

THAT WASNT ME...damn dude. 

3 hours ago, Edmo said:

The biggest problem right now is their bias toward China. This NEEDS to be an independent organization. 

Exactly.  

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

The evidence is right in front of your face about how China and the WHO.