Check your account email address ×

F150 dethroned by GM for top selling 1/2 ton

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Ford needs to drop the price on those crap piles again to get their sales back up. 

And build a manly motor for a change 

No way I would buy a GM product these days.  They are built in the US with Chinese parts.  Probably would buy a RAM before a Chivy.  Look at the number of rust bucket GM trucks out there.  Aluminum F150 won't have that problem and will stay looking good for a long time.  My 2012 F150 is just starting to get some rust on the rear wheel wells.  Not bad for an almost 10 year old truck.  Frame is still really good yet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

No way I would buy a GM product these days.  They are built in the US with Chinese parts.  Probably would buy a RAM before a Chivy.  Look at the number of rust bucket GM trucks out there.  Aluminum F150 won't have that problem and will stay looking good for a long time.  My 2012 F150 is just starting to get some rust on the rear wheel wells.  Not bad for an almost 10 year old truck.  Frame is still really good yet.

How many miles on your 2012. I got 87k on mine and it’s been flawless so far 

Just now, Pete said:

How many miles on your 2012. I got 87k on mine and it’s been flawless so far 

130k miles.  I've only owned it since 113k but no issues with it other than normal maintenance and some EVAP stuff which wrecked the pressure sensor in the tank.

Did a bunch of stuff when I bought it.  All fluids, filters, brakes, and calipers.  Blower motor resister went out which is common and easy to fix.  Same thing with the third brake light seal.  Had the truck detailed to clean up from the previous owner.  Oh, new lung nuts to replace the junk OEM ones that swell.  Lock for the spare was rotted pretty good so I fixed too.  Will need tires this fall before it snows. 

Maybe a total of $14k into the truck.  Quite a bit cheaper than a new one at $40k+.  A new one would be over $500 a year just to license in MN.  That's on top of 6.5% sales tax when you buy!

13 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

130k miles.  I've only owned it since 113k but no issues with it other than normal maintenance and some EVAP stuff which wrecked the pressure sensor in the tank.

Did a bunch of stuff when I bought it.  All fluids, filters, brakes, and calipers.  Blower motor resister went out which is common and easy to fix.  Same thing with the third brake light seal.  Had the truck detailed to clean up from the previous owner.  Oh, new lung nuts to replace the junk OEM ones that swell.  Lock for the spare was rotted pretty good so I fixed too.  Will need tires this fall before it snows. 

Maybe a total of $14k into the truck.  Quite a bit cheaper than a new one at $40k+.  A new one would be over $500 a year just to license in MN.  That's on top of 6.5% sales tax when you buy!

Yeah new stuff is absurd. You have excise tax too? 

Ill be driving this for many more years to come yet. I’ll never buy a new car or truck again. 

8 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Probly all the guys that waited 7 years for GM to stop making fugly trucks

It was a somewhat dry spell for sure.  Not all were "ugly" so to speak...they were just kinda "blah" or "meh".  Nothing that warranted a head turn for sure.

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yeah new stuff is absurd. You have excise tax too? 

Ill be driving this for many more years to come yet. I’ll never buy a new car or truck again. 

We don't call it an excise tax but there is a sales tax and registration tax.  Other things like title fees, transfer fees, filing fee, technology surcharge, wheelage tax, etc. are separate.  Most of our vehicles I'm around the $35 minimum registration tax.  

35 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

interior on the GM's is their biggest issue.  ext looks all depends on color and which grille.  

Ram kills GM and FORD in the interior dept. 

51 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I love my Ram and that is the first dodge anything I have ever owned. 2015 with over 150k on it now. 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yeah. Always been over engineered nonsense 

No they just cheaped out on having to build 8 whole cylinders. They threw a hair dryer on the v-6 instead. Pretty ghetto actually

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

No they just cheaped out on having to build 8 whole cylinders. They threw a hair dryer on the v-6 instead. Pretty ghetto actually

Fords are trucks for hipsters 

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

It's worse than ghetto. They paid engineers millions if dollars to over engineer an already problematic V6 with turbos. I've had a 3.5 and a 3.7 and gotta say.... They sucked.

1 minute ago, Fireball 440 said:

It's worse than ghetto. They paid engineers millions if dollars to over engineer an already problematic V6 with turbos. I've had a 3.5 and a 3.7 and gotta say.... They sucked.

Its blatantly obvious what they did