Check your account email address ×

THANKS , FRONT LINERS........ fuckers!

Unbelievable,  the mentality in the hospitals. They are treating their employees like garbage . It is a complete shit show .  24 hr shifts. Unsafe working conditions and their response?  Fuck you , leave, then. 

6FC76608-5DA8-4E14-9F9B-4CBE05617654.jpeg

4E0D5575-8FF6-4D92-B32E-71970EA49366.jpeg

F3C41D06-81B7-4AAF-9B93-3070DD0D6941.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Bunch of bullshit treating people like this especially considering  they can't even properly protect them. 

Right.  Look at all these people stressed because they have to go to grocery store. Can you imagine working a 24 shift, surrounded by sick and dying people, then having to worry about taking this home to your family??  Take your concerns about conditions to administration and they tell you to go get fucked.  

wife was just on a call with boss and they want her do a  PA job .  Wife was telling her why would I do a job that I’m not trained to do because you have repositioned the PA’s into another job????  Bring them back,  dummy.   I’ll do the screening.  Complete incompetence from people with a big degree and zero common sense. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Any healthcare worker not being provided proper ppe should walk out and file for unemployment 

They are threatening to black ball anyone walking off the job. Saying you will never be allowed to work at the hospital again. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Right.  Look at all these people stressed because they have to go to grocery store. Can you imagine working a 24 shift, surrounded by sick and dying people, then having to worry about taking this home to your family??  Take your concerns about conditions to administration and they tell you to go get fucked.  

wife was just on a call with boss and they want her do a  PA job .  Wife was telling her why would I do a job that I’m not trained to do because you have repositioned the PA’s into another job????  Bring them back,  dummy.   I’ll do the screening.  Complete incompetence from people with a big degree and zero common sense. 

I actually mentioned that to my wife yesterday when I got home from the store...It's a shitty situation. 

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

They are threatening to black ball anyone walking off the job. Saying you will never be allowed to work at the hospital again. 

Fucking awesome....I’d sue the fucking place and own it before my first UI check showed up

Probably shit employees and needed to be shown the door. The state of IL is starting to man up McCormick Place.  They are paying top Nurses $125 a hour ,need to work 12 hour shifts, and commit to 21 days.  The guy I was working with was on the phone telling his nurse wife to sign the contract. No need to make drama videos. Just go work someplace else.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Walk out on them.  They didn’t sign up for a bunch of bullshit like this.  

👍

I don’t think bringing concerns of workers health to people locked in their office makes someone a whiny bitch or a shitty employee.  

6 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Probably shit employees and needed to be shown the door. The state of IL is starting to man up McCormick Place.  They are paying top Nurses $125 a hour ,need to work 12 hour shifts, and commit to 21 days.  The guy I was working with was on the phone telling his nurse wife to sign the contract. No need to make drama videos. Just go work someplace else.

$31,500 for 21 days work would we some sweet coin.  After taxes, they could almost buy a new 850.  As long as they have the PPE to do the job, good to go.

I get the hospital's situation.  As long as the staff aren't high risk themselves and have appropriate PPE, they need the staff working with covid-19 patients.  Things like elective or non-critical procedures have been cancelled so that staff can be redeployed.  If someone normally does knee replacements but is now asked to take care of Wuhan virus patients, is that unreasonable?

7 minutes ago, Cold War said:

👍

I don’t think bringing concerns of workers health to people locked in their office makes someone a whiny bitch or a shitty employee.  

If the hospitals want to shit all over those who shoulder the brunt of the day to day load over this, they are gonna be left all alone.  There will be plenty of work afterwords and the need will be stronger.  The very fact they are threatening with being “blackballed” in the future would be enough to send me walking out the door laughing.

They are probably trying to sell them on a bunch of bullshit like “oaths” and “a higher service” or some other crap but, they can suck it.  It’s like telling soldiers without the proper gear they are fighting for God, country and freedom.

Suck it.  Walk.

I’m not believing some of the bullshit in the news. A friend of ours that is a nurse went to NY under contract. She is a ICU nurse. She has worked one 12 hour shift since Thursday. Just sitting in her hotel room wanting to work. They tell her and the others that are at the hotel,they aren’t needed yet? 

9 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

$31,500 for 21 days work would we some sweet coin.  After taxes, they could almost buy a new 850.  As long as they have the PPE to do the job, good to go.

I get the hospital's situation.  As long as the staff aren't high risk themselves and have appropriate PPE, they need the staff working with covid-19 patients.  Things like elective or non-critical procedures have been cancelled so that staff can be redeployed.  If someone normally does knee replacements but is now asked to take care of Wuhan virus patients, is that unreasonable?

I don’t think they will work everyday? They just have to commit to 21 consecutive days?

My wife's company has massively cut all the PA's hours. They are all working less than half of their previously scheduled hours. Her contract is for them to provide her with XXX amount of hours per month. 

Plan B company just sent out an email letting EVERYBODY know they will be taken care of and this will not cost them a penny. The company will take the temporary hit to make sure their employees are happy and safe. This is the company she will be working for after the dust settles from this shit. 

• Like 2

With all the routine daily care not going on in preparation for a surge in the virus its a odd situation.   They should be paid and handled thru the ppp or a version specifically for hc workers.

20 minutes ago, Highmark said:

With all the routine daily care not going on in preparation for a surge in the virus its a odd situation.   They should be paid and handled thru the ppp or a version specifically for hc workers.

They should be taken care of. My wife works for a billion dollar company. 

just my 2 cents.  Pretty easy to say.

Suck it up. Go do a job you weren’t  trained or hired  to do or be fired . put your life and family at risk of dying,. I wonder how many here would ?  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Suck it up. Go do a job you weren’t  trained or hired  to do or be fired . put your life and family at risk of dying,. I wonder how many here would ?  

I'm with you and your wife. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

Making bank, folks can knock Chicago all they want.....but when it comes to getting the job done and paying for it, we got it :bc:

27 minutes ago, Cold War said:

How many hours is it from your place to Chicago? There are plenty of decent hotels south of McCormick Pl. that are less than a 20 minute commute, @ $125.00 it woukd be worth staying in hotel, she could probably even work out a per diem reimbursement.

12 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Making bank, folks can knock Chicago all they want.....but when it comes to getting the job done and paying for it, we got it :bc:

How many hours is it from your place to Chicago? There are plenty of decent hotels south of McCormick Pl. that are less than a 20 minute commute, @ $125.00 it woukd be worth staying in hotel, she could probably even work out a per diem reimbursement.

The nurse friend in NY has free room and board. I know there are a few hotels in Chicago,that health care workers can stay for free.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Takes us about 6 hrs to get to Chicago. 
my wife works and is trained in orthopedics .  That’s not her bag.  She wants her own employer to step up and do what’s right, after 20+ years of service. 

• Like 1