Check your account email address ×

THANKS , FRONT LINERS........ fuckers!

7 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Takes us about 6 hrs to get to Chicago. 
my wife works and is trained in orthopedics .  That’s not her bag.  She wants her own employer to step up and do what’s right, after 20+ years of service. 

I saw an ortho last Wednesday, the doc is only working three days a week and he's filling in the other 2+ days at Mount Sinai in the inner city to assist with the Covid 19.

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

I saw an ortho last Wednesday, the doc is only working three days a week and he's filling in the other 2+ days at Mount Sinai in the inner city to assist with the Covid 19.

Her department is only doing a few  surgeries a week.  If it isn’t life saving or critical it’s on hold. They don’t get any GSW or shit like that around here.  
Good luck, if you’re having surgery. Don’t want to be nosy. 🍻

18 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Her department is only doing a few  surgeries a week.  If it isn’t life saving or critical it’s on hold. They don’t get any GSW or shit like that around here.  
Good luck, if you’re having surgery. Don’t want to be nosy. 🍻

Just saw a nurse from Troy on the iHeart Concert, after what she saw today she's begging people to stay home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

They should be taken care of. My wife works for a billion dollar company. 

just my 2 cents.  Pretty easy to say.

Suck it up. Go do a job you weren’t  trained or hired  to do or be fired . put your life and family at risk of dying,. I wonder how many here would ?  

Sounds like your wife's employer is putting money ahead of personal safety. Its easy to sit back and spew advice but you guys are the only ones who know your situation. I would lean toward the safety of your wife and family with regards to forcing your wife to head to the front line of this battle. 

It would be different if your wife and all of the other HC workers were provided with all the PPE  they need during this crisis but from the sounds of it many HC providers are forced to sacrifice their safety for the good pf the company. That just isn't right. 

PS. Good luck in all this. Your wife and family are in all of our thoughts during this. May god bless you guys. 

Edited by AKIQPilot

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Sounds like your wife's employer is putting money ahead of personal safety. Its easy to sit back and spew advice but you guys are the only ones who know your situation. I would lean toward the safety of your wife and family with regards to forcing your wife to head to the front line of this battle. 

It would be different if your wife and all of the other HC workers were provided with all the PPE  they need during this crisis but from the sounds of it many HC providers are forced to sacrifice their safety for the good pf the company. That just isn't right. 

PS. Good luck in all this. Your wife and family are in all of our thoughts during this. May god bless you guys. 

Spot on. 
Thank you .  
Some pretty good folks on here. I appreciate  all your thoughts and well wishes.  🍻

9 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

My employer told me to stop using recommended PPE for pt care in the Er.  I said well I have 125 sick days and I'll be going fishing if you dont provide.

fuckers

That is crazy. OSHA would shut down any US company why tried to do that. Well, except Health Care. Seems OSHA or whoever regulates those fucks is turning a blind eye. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

That is crazy. OSHA would shut down any US company why tried to do that. Well, except Health Care. Seems OSHA or whoever regulates those fucks is turning a blind eye. 

OSHA does regulate hospitals but it’s a whole extra set of regs due to that industry.  However, like any government led protocol for safety, it gets relaxed in an emergency.  This is seemingly leading to hospital administrators being left alone in bad situations to make some shit up as they go.  Not good.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

OSHA does regulate hospitals but it’s a whole extra set of regs due to that industry.  However, like any government led protocol for safety, it gets relaxed in an emergency.  This is seemingly leading to hospital administrators being left alone in bad situations to make some shit up as they go.  Not good.

I suppose you’re right. Ive been in dozens of emergencies and BP never wanted or expected me to compromise my safety to respond to the emergency. That said, sometimes we did what we had to do to protect our livelihood. We would never deliberately violate a safety rule to get something done but there were times where waiting for PPE or the Fire Department was the difference between explosion and no explosion. I can and have held my breath a long time when entering an area that was IDLH in order to isolate a release. Sometimes you only have seconds to respond.

In my 35 years as a front line oil field worker I have been disciplined a few times for violating company or federal safety guidelines with regards to entering an area considered IDLH. On every occasion the Fire Chief testified that if the release would have gone much longer it would have found an ignition source and we would have lost the $500 million dollar piece of equipment. 

Midgets are crafty. We can make shit happen that a normal guy cant. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The one said I was bluffing. 

Trails have snow, 3 feet of ice and the Lakers are in spring fever. Yea I’m gonna be bluffing 

11 hours ago, Cold War said:

They should be taken care of. My wife works for a billion dollar company. 

just my 2 cents.  Pretty easy to say.

Suck it up. Go do a job you weren’t  trained or hired  to do or be fired . put your life and family at risk of dying,. I wonder how many here would ?  

Like joining the service, huh.....

Just not the $125 an hour deal.

Edited by Snake

37 minutes ago, Snake said:

Like joining the service, huh.....

Just not the $125 an hour deal.

Sure. 
I have never once diminished anyone’s service, in fact.  just the opposite. My family has paid their share.  

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Sure. 
I have never once diminished anyone’s service, in fact.  just the opposite. My family has paid their share.  

Wasn't directed at your brutha... just making the observation.

My apologies.

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Wasn't directed at your brutha... just making the observation.

My apologies.

🍻 no worries.  
Thought maybe you had me confused with someone else. 

14 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Probably shit employees and needed to be shown the door. The state of IL is starting to man up McCormick Place.  They are paying top Nurses $125 a hour ,need to work 12 hour shifts, and commit to 21 days.  The guy I was working with was on the phone telling his nurse wife to sign the contract. No need to make drama videos. Just go work someplace else.

Theres an idea.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Of course...anything to deflect...blame the people actually doing the work.

I didn't blame shit.  I support her right to walk off the job if she feels that she's being overworked, or in unsafe conditions.  

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Of course...anything to deflect...blame the people actually doing the work.

As long as you or your family  don't get sick and have to rely on the care of  over worked, under staffed, unsafe conditions,   ……..YEAH, take a walk bitches!!!!!!!   

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Damn,snacks is triggered. I’m currently doing a air purge on a building that had a bunch of invected people in it. What are you doing today snacks?  You are doing the same thing you do every day. Except not at work doing it. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Saw this last night.   Not going to bother posting anything more news articles on the subject.  I guess, people need to believe what they want to feel better about what is happening.  Scapegoating the wrong people, though.  

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Saw this last night.   Not going to bother posting anything more news articles on the subject.  I guess, people need to believe what they want to feel better about what is happening.  Scapegoating the wrong people, though.  

I’m not scapegoating anybody. There about 5 field guys in our shop that don’t feel safe to go out and work on ventilation. They are sitting at home not getting paid. Their choice. I chose to go to work. I had to source my own ppe, because our shop is out of things and can’t replenish. The world didn’t stop moving. Just as many sick people at Walmart as there are in hospitals. People in large cities are infected everywhere, not just hospitals. 

7 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I’m not scapegoating anybody. There about 5 field guys in our shop that don’t feel safe to go out and work on ventilation. They are sitting at home not getting paid. Their choice. I chose to go to work. I had to source my own ppe, because our shop is out of things and can’t replenish. The world didn’t stop moving. Just as many sick people at Walmart as there are in hospitals. People in large cities are infected everywhere, not just hospitals. 

Listen, I’m still working too.  Don’t try and paint me as a chicken little.  I was merely sharing something that is happening to us personally. For us it is reality.  Not sitting on our couch sucking down CNN...... wringing our hands.   If it is your opinion that working with deathly sick patients is no different than a trip to the Walmart, you are entitled to it.  Just like I’m entitled to share my opinion that healthcare workers are not being treated right. Nothing more, nothing less. 

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Listen, I’m still working too.  Don’t try and paint me as a chicken little.  I was merely sharing something that is happening to us personally. For us it is reality.  Not sitting on our couch sucking down CNN...... wringing our hands.   If it is your opinion that working with deathly sick patients is no different than a trip to the Walmart, you are entitled to it.  Just like I’m entitled to share my opinion that healthcare workers are not being treated right. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Multiple dead Walmart employees in the Chicago area from this. Dead is dead.