Check your account email address ×

Nice chuck eye

24 minutes ago, SSFB said:

A ton of them around where I grew up are always bitching how bad they have it but they live in new houses, drive new pickups and are often fucking around doing nothing. :lol:

Not like that around here, most worked the farm and a job to pay for the farm.

3 hours ago, 1jkw said:

All meat here is up $1 to $3 per LB at least.

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yea, same here. Even burger is up almost a dollar. 

I really have no idea about prices.  You guys bring coupons to the store as well?:lol:

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Same here, dumping tankers full... I saw milk for $4.99 a gallon at some places, usually $2-ish.

I've seen as cheap as $1.99 here in MN.

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

With the number of farms that have been killed off I'm surprised there is no shortage of milk.

It used to be mom and dad milking 40 twice a day in a tie stall.  Now we have large farms milking 8000 3 times a day.  The farm my grandmother grew up on is no more.  It is a manure pit for one of those dairies.

I'm not a fan of them, but they provide a far better life to their herd then many small farms can do.  

55 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Meat is up, meanwhile cattle prices drop.  Producers getting the shaft.

Neal

Pretty much. 

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

I've seen as cheap as $1.99 here in MN.

It used to be mom and dad milking 40 twice a day in a tie stall.  Now we have large farms milking 8000 3 times a day.  The farm my grandmother grew up on is no more.  It is a manure pit for one of those dairies.

I'm not a fan of them, but they provide a far better life to their herd then many small farms can do.  

Pretty much. 

We had some really good farms here and a few shady ones too, not many herds of over 50 or 60.

Just now, 1jkw said:

We had some really good farms here and a few shady ones too, not many herds of over 50 or 60.

We had the capability to milk up to 110 in a tie stall barn.  When my grandpa and uncle built that barn, we were the largest milking herd for 40+ miles around.  When we sold, we were the smalling milking herd in the milk truck route.  

One of my cousin's farms milks around 800 head a day.  I can't imagine the roller coaster.

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

We had the capability to milk up to 110 in a tie stall barn.  When my grandpa and uncle built that barn, we were the largest milking herd for 40+ miles around.  When we sold, we were the smalling milking herd in the milk truck route.  

One of my cousin's farms milks around 800 head a day.  I can't imagine the roller coaster.

We go by a farm on RT. 8 on the way to the ADK's that milks 2600, maybe more now as there are some new barns.  They have a silage  pile that has 3 sheep's tooth loaders packing and smoothing during harvest.

18 minutes ago, Anler said:

I asked the wife "Hey whattya say we throw this chuck eye on the grill?"

She says, "Are you fucking nuts?"

So...she wears the pants.  Got it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Well if I woulda ruined dinner with a grilled chuck eye she woulda been salty. 

That would only happen if you don't know how to grill a typical ribeye. :news:

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

That would only happen if you don't know how to grill a typical ribeye. :news:

Ill try grilling a pot roast when she isnt around. :bc: 

• Haha 3

On 4/5/2020 at 7:25 PM, 1jkw said:

We go by a farm on RT. 8 on the way to the ADK's that milks 2600, maybe more now as there are some new barns.  They have a silage  pile that has 3 sheep's tooth loaders packing and smoothing during harvest.

There are farms in our area that milk 8,000 head.  Start to first milk, they can have one built in under a year.  They have their own construction company and concrete plant for them.