Check your account email address ×

What are you doing for groceries?

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

Get some Isopropyl and mix with glycerin or aloe, the gas line anti freeze is 95% pure, regular rubbing alcohol is 45 to 55%.

I just bought a bunch of Isopropyl to make my own cleaner. I read an article on Clorox and other anti-bacterial wipes. Some say they spread germs around more than actually kill germs. Read the details on a lot of these products and see how long the item needs to stay wet to be sanitized or disinfected. It’s longer than most of us think. 

I wipe down anything that comes home from any store immediately. I don’t even touch my mail. I throw it in a bag and let it sit a few days before opening it. 

Edited by Crowder

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

Put your gimp mask on, nobody will get within 10 feet of you.

Get bent, you faggot.

1 hour ago, ford_428cj said:

Why the gloves?

Why not?  I wipe the handles down on the carts when I go. 

33 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

pissed stained tighty whiteys and he can probably have the whole store to himself.

Wut, you think that shit's funny???? 

11 hours ago, Crowder said:

I just bought a bunch of Isopropyl to make my own cleaner. I read an article on Clorox and other anti-bacterial wipes. Some say they spread germs around more than actually kill germs. Read the details on a lot of these products and see how long the item needs to stay wet to be sanitized or disinfected. It’s longer than most of us think. 

I wipe down anything that comes home from any store immediately. I don’t even touch my mail. I throw it in a bag and let it sit a few days before opening it. 

I rad that this virus has a fatty like skin, the 95% should penetrate that skin.

• Platinum Contributing Member
21 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Anyone doing this?

For the most part.   Shopping at our local smaller store.   Vastly fewer people.   Trying to go only once a week or less.  

• Like 1

Just put in two delivery orders today. 

Instacart has gone to 10% minimum tip. Holy fuck!!! I don't give a fuck, this is scary shit. 

It will cost me close to $30.00 to get it delivered. Wow. 

The wife and I got to Costco at noon. The lineups to get in were halfway around the building. We were out of there 1:30 which wasn't too bad as they only let in so many at a time. Everybody was keeping there distance and we moved along pretty good. 

• Like 1

These are the times when you find out who your friends really are. 

They will call to see how you're doing.

Some will even offer to pick stuff up for ya'. 

I won't forget the ones that called, and/or offered.   

19 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I shopped for us and the wife shopped for 4 friends. She sent a msg or called a bunch and asked who needs what. We've been doing that even prior to the virus 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

Friends ? Lmmfao 

8 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

We had a good snow storm here on friday and figured we would hit the store in the next town ( would be less people due to storm ) so the wife called up a few of our older neighbors and got a list. I did our shopping, she did the neighbors. Worked out well. Will do it again when he head back out 

• Like 2

Hey 550 , Im probably going to Concord on Saturday. If you want to call an order in to Wallmart Ill pick it up for ya and leave it 1/2 way down your driveway. Just put it on your CC so it's paid for when I get there.

• Like 1

There was tp and paper towels on the shelf Monday night when I did some groceries for my Mom and myself.

Looked like they are starting to catch up on a few other items as well, fewer holes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There was tp and paper towels on the shelf Monday night when I did some groceries for my Mom and myself.

Looked like they are starting to catch up on a few other items as well, fewer holes.

I never looked to see if they had toilet paper at Costco yesterday lol. They had tons of paper towels ($4.80 off) so I grabbed a pack. The only thing there was a shortage on were some chicken products but plenty of pork/beef.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crotch Lickmeoff said:

We had a good snow storm here on friday and figured we would hit the store in the next town ( would be less people due to storm ) so the wife called up a few of our older neighbors and got a list. I did our shopping, she did the neighbors. Worked out well. Will do it again when he head back out 

You and your wife  are good people. :thumbsup:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

Stopped in one of the small local branches of a relatively large grocer yesterday.  They were trying to gauge the fuck out of people.  Egg case only had “range free, organic” eggs for $5 a dozen.  I fucking laughed.  I didn’t bother to check TP prices...I’m sure it was all at “range free, organic” prices also. This is the reason Walmart puts these places out of business.  

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Hey 550 , Im probably going to Concord on Saturday. If you want to call an order in to Wallmart Ill pick it up for ya and leave it 1/2 way down your driveway. Just put it on your CC so it's paid for when I get there.

Ahhh, thanks, but no thanks.

:flush: