Check your account email address ×

2021 arctic cat RR

Rod

Word on the street is no new chassis for Cat next year.  Could be the nail in the coffin if true.

The racer unveiled at Haydays will tell the story for all to see.  If they can't pay the big sponsor bucks, they need to at least put out a competitive sled that racers can afford.  My first stop at Haydays Saturday morning will be the Cat booth to peak at the spindles of the new racer.  Then to Cat management to let them know what I think!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ACE said:

The cat RR handles better than the doo 850, same power, as good or better on gas and oil, way better on belts, better track, way better shocks,  for thousands less dollars.  Not sure what the issue is here 

I’ll give you the shocks (RR) and slightly better handling. The etec is a way better motor, performance and gas and oil, no way on the belts, fit and finish way better, I put the track on I like.

I think the VR1 is going to be the best sled on the trail next season. And the cat will continue to fall further behind.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

He wants one, but can’t eat the crow at this point 

This.

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Other than a carbon fiber TCL what is there?

58 minutes ago, Anler said:

Difference between 2020 and 2021? Go ahead. 

I've posted it here many times, do a search.

47 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I’ll give you the shocks (RR) and slightly better handling. The etec is a way better motor, performance and gas and oil, no way on the belts, fit and finish way better, I put the track on I like.

I think the VR1 is going to be the best sled on the trail next season. And the cat will continue to fall further behind.

Doo also improved the handling and suspension again in 21, while AC remains the same.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

This.

I've posted it here many times, do a search.

Exciting

2021 Arctic Cat ZR 8000 LTD 137″

2021 Arctic Cat ZR 6000 & ZR 8000

For model year 2020, Arctic Cat introduced their ARS II Front Suspension on the ZR trail performance models. This upgrade provides added ski pressure that creates confidence inspiring steering and increased ground clearance, along with a revised slide action skid with increased front arm travel for improved big bump absorption.

Those features return on the 2021 models. Two new features found for 2021 include a revised engine mounting system utilizing a carbon fiber TCL (Torsion Control Link) for a 2.5 pound weight savings with improved engine vibration damping, along with new carbide runners. The previous 11” dual runner carbides have been replaced by a 17” single carbide runner to provide more responsive steering.

https://www.snowtechmagazine.com/arctic-cat-2021-in-october/

Edited by Anler

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

I'm not searching through a hundred orange man bad posts to find out they didn't change anything.

Carbon fiber TCL and new carbide runner... 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

He said the 2021 he rode was slow and got terrible economy. Both gas and oil. 

Yeah I’ve heard that about the 850 too from a guy who switched to cat so pretty believable 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

What does the etec do better? Just be more complex for no advantage?

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

You would have to be a complete fucking moron to buy anything from Cat. 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

What does the etec do better? Just be more complex for no advantage?

The cat handles the big bumps better than anything out there. Their price is also better . That is it,nothing else better or close to comparison. The rest of the sled sucks. The heated glove box is kinda cool but other companies already have it. 

5 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

You would have to be a complete fucking moron to buy anything from Cat. 

My new cat has been better than any new doo I’ve had 

Just now, ACE said:

Actually I’ve had two new cats and both were better than my new doos 

still a doo guy but man they need to fix their shit 

The entire procross platform has been nothing but one fail after another. They are complete junk

5 minutes ago, ACE said:

My new cat has been better than any new doo I’ve had 

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Actually I’ve had two new cats and both were better than my new doos 

still a doo guy but man they need to fix their shit 

What's the last new Doo you've had? 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The entire procross platform has been nothing but one fail after another. They are complete junk

Except the 18+ are good and the 20+ are phenomenal other than that ok buddee 

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

What's the last new Doo you've had? 

08 xp 800 x. What piece of shit. Bought a 2010 CFR after that. Way more reliable