Check your account email address ×

Anyone else ignoring a self isolation order?

Rod

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Thats nice. You are pretty well stocked on groceries?  We are reasonably stocked. We will need vegetables once a week but other than that we are all stocked up. 

I’m ok. I make one trip to the grocery store. I go late in the evening when the store is virtually empty. There’s one local grocery store that is still open 24/7. 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I’m living normally and actually enjoying some of the benefits of all this right now but, I’ve always found that looking at the bright side and staying optimistic is a really good way to live.

Share some of your optimism with us. 

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’m living normally and actually enjoying some of the benefits of all this right now but, I’ve always found that looking at the bright side and staying optimistic is a really good way to live.

Yeah hasn’t changed much for me tbh 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Share some of your optimism with us. 

There are just a fraction of people out and about.  It’s awesome.  Lines at any store are minimal.  The meat sacks usually wondering around everywhere who are seemingly oblivious to anyone else are hiding within their own walls. Menards and Home Depot are running express lanes and isles aren’t clogged with retards that don’t know what they are doing. (and, is it me or does it seem there are some nice deals to be had now?).  Even the good tourist eateries here are quicker in getting food to you via door pick up.  Me and my daughter grabbed an excellent meal from one of our local famous joint and sat just a stones throw away from the big lake and ate it while overlooking the lighthouses and the lake without humans filthing up the view.  A bit nippy out still but....meh.  (A big shout out to Barbie for the styro container it was delivered in also!)

Sure, if we cannot pull our collective heads out, things are going to get worse and people are going to suffer epic financial tragedies.  The irrational group-think panic sucked everyone into this.....and most went without a question like stupid animals.  I can’t help that.  What I can do is, again, find the upside of it and prepare for when/if we aren’t smart enough to get our heads on straight. That is EXACTLY what I am doing....and teaching my daughter some great lessons along the way.

Well?  You asked!  :lmao:

• Platinum Contributing Member

Daughter and I are getting ready to take the dog for a walk....really not much else to do and if sit in the house much longer I might run us out of snacks!!!!! :lmao:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Daughter and I are getting ready to take the dog for a walk....really not much else to do and if sit in the house much longer I might run us out of snacks!!!!! :lmao:

Didn't you say you were working?

Screenshot_20200324-091539_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Redheaded Stepchild

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

There are just a fraction of people out and about.  It’s awesome.  Lines at any store are minimal.  The meat sacks usually wondering around everywhere who are seemingly oblivious to anyone else are hiding within their own walls. Menards and Home Depot are running express lanes and isles aren’t clogged with retards that don’t know what they are doing. (and, is it me or does it seem there are some nice deals to be had now?).  Even the good tourist eateries here are quicker in getting food to you via door pick up.  Me and my daughter grabbed an excellent meal from one of our local famous joint and sat just a stones throw away from the big lake and ate it while overlooking the lighthouses and the lake without humans filthing up the view.  A bit nippy out still but....meh.  (A big shout out to Barbie for the styro container it was delivered in also!)

Sure, if we cannot pull our collective heads out, things are going to get worse and people are going to suffer epic financial tragedies.  The irrational group-think panic sucked everyone into this.....and most went without a question like stupid animals.  I can’t help that.  What I can do is, again, find the upside of it and prepare for when/if we aren’t smart enough to get our heads on straight. That is EXACTLY what I am doing....and teaching my daughter some great lessons along the way.

Well?  You asked!  :lmao:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, irv said:

Bingo!

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

All these covid19 philosophers. :lol: 

.....and the ones causing the mass panic and hysteria that will cause immeasurable suffering not related to any sickness.....for no other reason than they just want everyone to share in their own misery.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

All these covid19 philosophers. :lol: 

With your posts, it's like you are trying to drum up business even though you are now retired?? 

Was it all those years of giving advice, helping, nurturing people back to a stable normal life that affected you so much? Did you ever seek any help yourself to deal with all the sad and depressing life stories you heard on a daily bases for so many years or would have that removed all your credibility, being a philologist/psychiatrist, if you had of sought any of that help out yourself??   :dunno:

7 minutes ago, irv said:

With your posts, it's like you are trying to drum up business even though you are now retired?? 

Was it all those years of giving advice, helping, nurturing people back to a stable normal life that affected you so much? Did you ever seek any help yourself to deal with all the sad and depressing life stories you heard on a daily bases for so many years or would have that removed all your credibility, being a philologist/psychiatrist, if you had of sought any of that help out yourself??   :dunno:

I go with the flow. Knowing what one can and can’t control is essential. 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Didn't you say you were working?

Screenshot_20200324-091539_Chrome.jpg

Nice gotcha try....posted this Sunday and worked yesterday..as of midnight all our jobsites  are shutdown and painting isn't considered an essential service. Anything else? 

38 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Nice gotcha try....posted this Sunday and worked yesterday..as of midnight all our jobsites  are shutdown and painting isn't considered an essential service. Anything else? 

So you've been sitting in your house for less than 24 hours and you're going crazy.

Gotcha.

Just a normal day for you.

Who are you trying to kid here?

Lol

• Haha 1

It would be nice if the people who ignore the self isolation were the only ones affected.  Unfortunately they will interact with grocery store clerks who are not paid enough to risk their health for self cunts. 

Everyone should act like they are contagious. 

Edited by revkevsdi

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

It would be nice if the people who ignore the self isolation were the only ones affected.  Unfortunately they will interact with grocery store clerks who are not paid enough to risk their health for self cunts. 

Everyone should act like they are contagious. 

How do you know your employees aren't infected?

They could be infecting each other.

Hyprocrite. 

14 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

How do you know your employees aren't infected?

They could be infecting each other.

Hyprocrite. 

We don’t. But we have been ahead of most businesses in taking measures to keep our employees safe. Far ahead of any government action.   They saw less people last week at work than ace showed on his sled ride. So I am quite sure they are safer at work than grocery shopping. 

What the fuck are you worried about anyway? Your hero Trump wants business as usual?  You’ll be back to polishing his knob in no time. 

Just now, revkevsdi said:

We don’t. But we have been ahead of most businesses in taking measures to keep our employees safe. Far ahead of any government action.   They saw less people last week at work than ace showed on his sled ride. So I am quite sure they are safer at work than grocery shopping. 

What the fuck are you worried about anyway? Your hero Trump wants business as usual?  You’ll be back to polishing his knob in no time. 

You mean like not making them work since making toxic product's isn't essential?

Those kind of precautions?

2 hours ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

You mean like not making them work since making toxic product's isn't essential?

Those kind of precautions?

you are a special kind of stupid. 

you probably complain gubernment regs harm business unfairly but assume I can expose employees to toxic fumes. 

Sorry I bitch slapped you so hard in the past Dave.