Check your account email address ×

genexer's in the crosshairs

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

New reports state 50% of new severe Covid -19 cases are people under the age of 60 

% will increase rapidly as many of the younger generations are the main ones in the workforce taking care of the supply chain and taking care of the sick.   This is no surprise at all. 

34 minutes ago, ACE said:

Fortunately for them it’s just a cold and only a bad cold in cases 

Yep....when one hits that is killing this population at 2-3% we are really in trouble with how we are responding to this one. 

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

New reports state 50% of new severe Covid -19 cases are people under the age of 60 

so the people out in the world working ? shocker 

let's all try to remember it is not even close to a death sentence 

Edited by Ez ryder

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

so the people out in the world working ? shocker 

let's all try to remember it is not even close to a death sentence 

More people will be forced into bankruptcy and foreclosure than will be killed by Covid-19. 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Yep....when one hits that is killing this population at 2-3% we are really in trouble with how we are responding to this one. 

Holy shit.  Hard to imagine.  

51 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

More people will be forced into bankruptcy and foreclosure than will be killed by Covid-19. 

A sensible post that we can agree on this morning.  I thought you may have got the Covids or something at first.  Fuck!  Maybe it’s me!!!!!!!!

56 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

It shouldn't.   People need to learn to cut back on things and get a safety net in place.   Is it hard to do....absolutely.   It takes sacrifice however all you have to do is listen to Dave Ramsey a few times to realize it can be done.  

I'm not saying employers, charities and even govt can't be a part of the help but we as citizens have to do our part to prepare ourselves for the unforeseen.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

It shouldn't.   People need to learn to cut back on things and get a safety net in place.   Is it hard to do....absolutely.   It takes sacrifice however all you have to do is listen to Dave Ramsey a few times to realize it can be done.  

I'm not saying employers and even govt can't be a part of the help but we as citizens have to do our part to prepare ourselves for the unforeseen.  

How many times in the past did I want to dip in the emergency fund for this or that? More than I care to think of.

Gotta say it was a good feeling to be able to go to the bank and draw without worrying.....

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

I'm not saying employers, charities and even govt can't be a part of the help but we as citizens have to do our part to prepare ourselves for the unforeseen.  

:bc:

I have 8 months of cash right now. Could stretch it if I had to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

:bc:

I have 8 months of cash right now. Could stretch it if I had to. 

everyone needs that but few have it.

Banks will end up forgiving late payments during this crisis to keep from bankruptcy and foreclosure i would bet.  

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

Don't take much, the power of mass media to get panic started:

Everyone knows about Orson Welles' famous 1938 radio version of War Of The Worlds, which panicked the nation by (accidentally?) convincing those who tuned in late that New Jersey had been invaded by Martians. But how many of you knew that the same hoax succeeded two other times - and in one case, resulted in riots, the destruction of the radio station who'd broadcast the show, and a death toll between 6 and 20 people? Those stories, as well as the reason why so many people fell for Welles' original broadcast, are at the heart of a special episode of WNYC's awesome Radio Lab.

Radio Lab, an hour-long show where co-hosts Jad Abumraud and Robert Krulwich investigate the why behind subjects like The Ring Cycle, deceit and why we laugh, mixes soundscapes with conversation, humor and hard science to come up with something that's been called the best radio show in America. Their "War of The Worlds" episode - the first recorded live in front of an audience - may lack some of the more inventive remixing of interview and dialogue, but makes up for it with the amazing - and somewhat unbelievable - stories behind the various radio versions of HG Wells' story.

With guests including Blair Witch Project creator Daniel Myrick and the daughter of an Equadorian radio producer whose version of the play didn't end so well, creates an essential hour of listening that - as the show's website puts it - examines the "power of the mass media to create panic." Listen and wonder whatever happened to the power of science fiction.

War of the Worlds [Radiolab.org]