Check your account email address ×

Coronavirus: Biotech company ships first batches of vaccine, to be tested on humans: report

• Platinum Contributing Member

Necessity is the mother of invention.   Good news.  

https://www.foxnews.com/health/how-close-are-we-to-a-vaccine

Containment measures are being implemented in the U.S. and throughout the globe to limit the spread of coronavirus, but only a vaccine can prevent people from getting sick from the virus.

Roughly 35 companies and academic institutions are rushing to create a vaccine and at least four have tested it on animals. Moderna, a biotech company in Massachusetts, has already shipped the first batches of its COVID-19 vaccine to the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

It was said to be ready for human trials in April, but the first patient will receive an experimental dose on Monday, a government official said.

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Necessity is the mother of invention.   Good news.  

https://www.foxnews.com/health/how-close-are-we-to-a-vaccine

Containment measures are being implemented in the U.S. and throughout the globe to limit the spread of coronavirus, but only a vaccine can prevent people from getting sick from the virus.

Roughly 35 companies and academic institutions are rushing to create a vaccine and at least four have tested it on animals. Moderna, a biotech company in Massachusetts, has already shipped the first batches of its COVID-19 vaccine to the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

It was said to be ready for human trials in April, but the first patient will receive an experimental dose on Monday, a government official said.

:lol: 

2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

I'm finding it tough to believe they have a vaccine so soon. I mean I sure hope they do but it seems unlikely.

Isolate yourself and wash your hands frequently and you and everyone else won't need no fucking vaccine.

2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

I'm finding it tough to believe they have a vaccine so soon. I mean I sure hope they do but it seems unlikely.

Remember, the symptoms are a dry throat and/or cough and possible fever with the sniffles.  This is rare in the winter time.....plus, just because you aren’t showing symptoms doesn’t mean you don’t have it!  

How much is this vaccine for fear gonna cost again?

980875E7-AEB0-4103-823C-04D9987637E3.gif

58 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Isolate yourself and wash your hands frequently and you and everyone else won't need no fucking vaccine.

54 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Remember, the symptoms are a dry throat and/or cough and possible fever with the sniffles.  This is rare in the winter time.....plus, just because you aren’t showing symptoms doesn’t mean you don’t have it!  

How much is this vaccine for fear gonna cost again?

980875E7-AEB0-4103-823C-04D9987637E3.gif

I'd still get the vaccine today if it was available......wouldn't you?  

My concern is my oldest son.   Both my kids have asthma as do my wife and I however every cold or flu he gets ends up in his chest.   If I get it and its bad I've lived a amazing life....he's only 23 and my youngest is 20.   Those of us with pre-existing conditions need to have a bit more concern. 

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

No.  I really wouldn't.  The last time I had the flu vaccine was 1995 when I didn't have a choice.  My body is a temple of health and sexiness!!

Image result for fat man posing

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

My concern is my oldest son.   Both my kids have asthma as do my wife and I however every cold or flu he gets ends up in his chest.   If I get it and its bad I've lived a amazing life....he's only 23 and my youngest is 20.   Those of us with pre-existing conditions need to have a bit more concern. 

I would since my wife has a compromised immune.:bc:

Just now, Zambroski said:

No.  I really wouldn't.  The last time I had the flu vaccine was 1995 when I didn't have a choice.  My body is a temple of health and sexiness!!

Image result for fat man posing

I would because things have went to my chest in the past.   Got pneumonia really bad in 1998.

Just now, Highmark said:

I would because things have went to my chest in the past.   Got pneumonia really bad in 1998.

I tend to get a mild cough, headache  or occasion sneeze every so often.. I may have had the actual flu maybe 3-4 times in my life.

I'm going to die of old injuries..or blunt force new one...not sickness.  That said, my wife is a bit less immune and still gets a flu shot.  She'd get this vaccine too.  I wonder of my daughter would?  What's the over/under it will be made mandatory?

Just now, Zambroski said:

I tend to get a mild cough, headache  or occasion sneeze every so often.. I may have had the actual flu maybe 3-4 times in my life.

I'm going to die of old injuries..or blunt force new one...not sickness.  That said, my wife is a bit less immune and still gets a flu shot.  She'd get this vaccine too.  I wonder of my daughter would?  What's the over/under it will be made mandatory?

No chance they make this one mandatory if there is even ever one.   Not deadly enough. 

Edited by Highmark