Check your account email address ×

Moscow had contacts with Trump team during campaign, Russian diplomat says

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Lol. Hardly. I will say this. Trump deserves a chance. I don't care if that chance lasts all of two minutes after he is inaugurated because he goes off the deep end, but he deserves a chance to try. We can't bury him with partisan bullshit before he gets started. He was able to breach the line of partisanship in the rust belt. Those Democrats have the same right and voice as intellectual urban based Dems. He was elected... Let the guy have a chance. 

I'm not going to bitch about every little thing that doesn't go my way, like some others. I can accept having some negatives here and there, it's part of politics, and I will applaud when I see it's deserved. I already gave the man credit for his victory speech. but let's not forget, a more mellow trump is still very dangerous, as he was that far off the scale. to think that everything is going to kind of chug along, without much change, is being pretty naïve.  

i'll also add if we didn't have so much history about this guy, and hearing the words out of his own mouth, I'd be even more willing to give him a chance. but a guy like trump, rarely, if ever, changes his ways. look at how he acted during the primary, the most important time to act "civilized". you think he's going to suddenly be able to grow thick skin? show some compassion for others?

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I'm not going to bitch about every little thing that doesn't go my way, like some others. I can accept having some negatives here and there, it's part of politics, and I will applaud when I see it's deserved. I already gave the man credit for his victory speech. but let's not forget, a more mellow trump is still very dangerous, as he was that far off the scale. to think that everything is going to kind of chug along, without much change, is being pretty naïve.  

I agree. But the question will be, is the change going to be positive? If the change is going to happen, we should at least give it a chance to do so positively before we bury it. He started off his post-election well with the speech. If he goes back to divisive rhetoric, I will full heartedly agree with you. I just keep having this nagging suspicion that much of that was for the show of an election. The man gets a clean slate. 

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

i'll also add if we didn't have so much history about this guy, and hearing the words out of his own mouth, I'd be even more willing to give him a chance. but a guy like trump, rarely, if ever, changes his ways. look at how he acted during the primary, the most important time to act "civilized". you think he's going to suddenly be able to grow thick skin? show some compassion for others?

Honestly, I don't think he will be able to. But I am not going to write him off before he gets a chance to prove us all wrong. He doesn't need to attack anymore. He won. 

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's decent, but it's nothing like that mid 90's to 2000 economy, I'm here to tell you that was the most robust economy that we have had in my lifetime.

Well the 90's economy was riding a tech boom and 2000's was a fraud too. Banks were giving money away. We need a demand based economy and to do that we need to build a stronger manufacturing base and lead in technology. AND.. Legalize weed and let entrepreneurs to they thang... ;bc:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

We also had 30 years of fucking Hillary, and apparently, she was found wanting.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Why is it up to the 'right' to end petty politics? Why does it only come up in the context of the left getting the slide off?

"Maby he should pardon Hillary... for the good of the country?"

Alinsky politics, which has been the rule book for dems for decades, states make the opponent live up to their own rules. Well, we've seen the rules Vince, maby it's time for the dems to start living up to theirs.

Because you LEAD by example. You dont fight douchbaggery with great douchbaggery. Trump got a lot of shit for acting like a teenage girl in the election. If the pubes present a respectable model the dems just look bad all the fucking time. 

32 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lmao::owned:

You got to love the left.   We need to open communication up with our enemies like Iran and Cuba but if we talk to Russia its the end of the world.   It was also loved by these guys when Obama was whispering things to that guy to tell Putin.  Fucking hypocrites.  

If Kennedy and Khrushchev didn't communicate we wouldn't be sitting here today.

It's shit like that why Trump is president. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Because you LEAD by example. You dont fight douchbaggery with great douchbaggery. Trump got a lot of shit for acting like a teenage girl in the election. If the pubes present a respectable model the dems just look bad all the fucking time. 

My point is, these healing and come together moments happen when republicans win. Otherwise, 'it was a mandate'....

I hope Trump DOES do some of that shit to pull the panties from the collective liberal's assholes. But the sanctamonious one way of doing things always seems to go.... one way.

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

My point is, these healing and come together moments happen when republicans win. Otherwise, 'it was a mandate'....

I hope Trump DOES do some of that shit to pull the panties from the collective liberal's assholes. But the sanctamonious one way of doing things always seems to go.... one way.

So you are saying the republicans were the model of good behavior when Obama won? Twice? right...

Just now, Anler said:

So you are saying the republicans were the model of good behavior when Obama won? Twice? right...

All? No.

Where were the campus demonstrations when Obama won? Were classes cancelled due to emotional distress? We were all aware Obama won, and accepted it. We didn't have pity parties on the bridges of our country, we didn't have people crashing the Canadian immigration site.

What politicians have to say about this is immaterial. They rip a page from their pre-printed speech book and send it out without a second thought. The American people are the ones acting like the spoiled brat who didn't get their way, and demand OTHERS FIX THIS MESS YOU GUYS!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

All? No.

Where were the campus demonstrations when Obama won? Were classes cancelled due to emotional distress? We were all aware Obama won, and accepted it. We didn't have pity parties on the bridges of our country, we didn't have people crashing the Canadian immigration site.

What politicians have to say about this is immaterial. They rip a page from their pre-printed speech book and send it out without a second thought. The American people are the ones acting like the spoiled brat who didn't get their way, and demand OTHERS FIX THIS MESS YOU GUYS!!

Most of that behavior, to be fair, is from Millennials. Since they barely got out of bed to vote, fuck em. 

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

All? No.

No, white people dont protest on the expressway or on bridges but there was ALOT of crybaby shit going around about Obama. I'm not here to justify anybody. But if you want to act like a cunt because they are acting like a cunt and act all righteous because your cunty behavior didnt involve this or that well you are no different than these crybaby liberals.

1 minute ago, bussman said:

They did alot of the same shit. Shit I think Huzy threated to move to Canada, didnt he? :lol:

http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommunity/2012/11/republicans-threaten-move-to-canada-after-obama-win.html

1 minute ago, Anler said:

They did alot of the same shit. Shit I think Huzy threated to move to Canada, didnt he? :lol:

http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommunity/2012/11/republicans-threaten-move-to-canada-after-obama-win.html

See Canada would benefit from a Republican exodus (minus Huzy), we do not want the Dems.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

See Canada would benefit from a Republican exodus (minus Huzy), we do not want the Dems.

You could use a couple million blacks. It would give you some culture...

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

:lmao::owned:

You got to love the left.   We need to open communication up with our enemies like Iran and Cuba but if we talk to Russia its the end of the world.   It was also loved by these guys when Obama was whispering things to that guy to tell Putin.  Fucking hypocrites.  

If Kennedy and Khrushchev didn't communicate we wouldn't be sitting here today.

That's funny because in my books, the reaction the Republicans had when this happened proves what complete hypocrites they are for ignoring Trumps ties to Russia.

But I think it's stupid for people to bitch about it now. Let Trump do his thing and see how it works out.

I bet half those students who were demonstrating against Trump didn't even make it to the Polling booth.

5 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

But I think it's stupid for people to bitch about it now. Let Trump do his thing and see how it works out.

I bet half those students who were demonstrating against Trump didn't even make it to the Polling booth.

First smart thing I have seen you post. Because they didn't. 

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

No, white people dont protest on the expressway or on bridges but there was ALOT of crybaby shit going around about Obama. I'm not here to justify anybody. But if you want to act like a cunt because they are acting like a cunt and act all righteous because your cunty behavior didnt involve this or that well you are no different than these crybaby liberals.

We accepted the election. Period.

Spin it any way you want, we are seeing the abject results of the Obama administration and what it has produced; people who think their opinions and their thoughts and feelings are superior to those who disagree with them. No discussion, no rationalizing, just ME ME ME.

Try and throw it back at me all you want. Bottom line is the country spoke as a whole, and in this country, that's the bottom line.