Check your account email address ×

this is why the general public is stupid

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Shit I remember laserdiscs. And betamax. :lol:

I remember the big day in middle school when my mom and I went and got our first VHS VCR...somewhere around 1980 IIRC.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

You’re not gen X dumbass faggot. You’re a millenial

dude wishes he was american and gen x. Poor bastard is trapped in a faggot suit. 

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

Buck a gallon for gas

$1.50 for smokes. Would walk across the rail road tracks at lunch in high school to the gas station, buy a pack of marlboros and smoke 1 or 2 on the way back. 

My first truck had an 8 track deck stock, and came with a tape to 8 track converter in the glove box.

I hooked my discman up to it with one of those cassette adapters plugged into the 8yrack to cassette converter, plugged into the original 8 track deck.

Sound was minty :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, motonoggin said:

My first truck had an 8 track deck stock, and came with a tape to 8 track converter in the glove box.

I hooked my discman up to it with one of those cassette adapters plugged into the 8yrack to cassette converter, plugged into the original 8 track deck.

We did that in a 75 olds delta 88 :lol: 

• Haha 1

Just now, Anler said:

$1.50 for smokes. Would walk across the rail road tracks at lunch in high school to the gas station, buy a pack of marlboros and smoke 1 or 2 on the way back. 

Buck for gas and buck for smokes when I got my license 

Just now, Anler said:

Smokes were two packs for 4.20 when I started smoking. 

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

My first car was a 75 malibu with an 8 track that I bought for $350. I could put 8 kids in that car. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Buck for gas and buck for smokes when I got my license 

Damn! I am probably 10 years older than you too! Fucking Illinois taxes were a mother fucker even way back! Gas was under $1 tho.. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I remember the big day in middle school when my mom and I went and got our first VHS VCR...somewhere around 1980 IIRC.

i remember the struggle deciding between betamax and vhs when my parents bought one. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Damn! I am probably 10 years older than you too! Fucking Illinois taxes were a mother fucker even way back! Gas was under $1 tho.. 

The only gas station that would sell me smokes at 16 had an attendant still that pumped the gas and got the smokes lol

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The only gas station that would sell me smokes at 16 had an attendant still that pumped the gas and got the smokes lol

There was a pizza place (they are still there) that had a massive delivery business and they would deliver beer. In high school we would order food and a 12 pack of beer. We were fucking smart back then! 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

There was a pizza place (they are still there) that had a massive delivery business and they would deliver beer. In high school we would order food and a 12 pack of beer. We were fucking smart back then! 

Fuck yah

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Haha, i remember going with my dad and picking up our first vhs, was a Hitachi..I remeber it was pretty frigging expensive too $300+ in the early 80's

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 4:58 PM, Anler said:

In Germany it was $4.25 for a carton of Marlboro.  4 cartons and the landlord knocked off $120 of the rent.