Check your account email address ×

Doctors blast media, say Coronavirus is absolutely nothing to worry about

Rod

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

Why do you want Bernie? 

I want people to be serious about govt and not robots playing for one team or the other. Bernie like Trump is the result of failed govt due to an ignorant electorate.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Anler said:

Tell that to all of your buddies here selling off all of their stocks this morning. 

I know of only those buying stocks including me, might even borrow some money to buy more, not sure yet, I just bought $20,000 worth more yesterday.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

I know of only those buying stocks including me, might even borrow some money to buy more, not sure yet, I just bought $20,000 worth more yesterday.

I wouldnt buy yet, this isnt even close to over. When it hits bottom then yes throw everything at it. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I wouldnt buy yet, this isnt even close to over. When it hits bottom then yes throw everything at it. 

Opportunities are after a crash. Not when things are flying high. Like that for most things 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

I agree, that's why I'm waiting to borrow, friend of mine just borrowed almost a million using his existing stocks as collateral, not sure how to do that myself or I might..

6 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Same thoughts here. I liquidated last week. Next week or two, I’ll jump back in.

There is more blood under the surface, Highmark called it with disruption in supply chain. this could bring alot of cracks to the surface. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Anler said:

There is more blood under the surface, Highmark called it with disruption in supply chain. this could bring alot of cracks to the surface. 

It could also do what the trade war didn't. Increase manufacturing in North America

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

It could also do what the trade war didn't. Increase manufacturing in North America

Perhaps but that is a fix that wont have any results for some time yet. In the mean time ... PAIN!!!!

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Perhaps but that is a fix that wont have any results for some time yet. In the mean time ... PAIN!!!!

For some yes. The only Chink made shit we use is controllers . And they were shipped to California months ago. Im good.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

For some yes. The only Chink made shit we use is controllers . And they were shipped to California months ago. Im good.

China is a global supplier tho, major global supplier. they are leaders in many areas so for us to be completely autonomous is not realistic. 

18 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I agree, that's why I'm waiting to borrow, friend of mine just borrowed almost a million using his existing stocks as collateral, not sure how to do that myself or I might..

Where would you borrow the money from?  What would you use as collateral? We are in very troubling times. Borrowing money to invest in stocks or index funds is very risky business at this time. You are 72, why would you want to add this level of risk in your life right now?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Where would you borrow the money from?  What would you use as collateral? We are in very troubling times. Borrowing money to invest in stocks or index funds is very risky business at this time. You are 72, why would you want to add this level of risk in your life right now?

Assuming more debt at 72 is not a good idea.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Borrow against my existing stock, that's what my friend Dave does. all the time and he's 77.

https://www.fidelity.com/learning-center/trading-investing/trading/margin-borrowing

Edited by XCR1250

26 minutes ago, Anler said:

China is a global supplier tho, major global supplier. they are leaders in many areas so for us to be completely autonomous is not realistic. 

No it isn't. Stock wise it will hurt a little bit for me. Work wise, not at all.