Check your account email address ×

The elites and their wants. Change the laws just for them.

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Wisconsin wants to roll out the barrel into the early morning hours for people coming for the Democratic National Convention this summer.

Bars across the state will be able to stay open until 4 a.m. for the four nights of the convention under a bipartisan bill approved unanimously by a state Assembly committee on Thursday.

Expanding the hours had support from groups representing the state's bars, restaurants and tourism industries.

The proposal originally allowed only bars in and around Milwaukee to stay open later, but it was expanded to statewide.

The bill still must pass the Legislature and be signed by the governor before becoming law.

4 hours ago, racer254 said:

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Wisconsin wants to roll out the barrel into the early morning hours for people coming for the Democratic National Convention this summer.

Bars across the state will be able to stay open until 4 a.m. for the four nights of the convention under a bipartisan bill approved unanimously by a state Assembly committee on Thursday.

Expanding the hours had support from groups representing the state's bars, restaurants and tourism industries.

The proposal originally allowed only bars in and around Milwaukee to stay open later, but it was expanded to statewide.

The bill still must pass the Legislature and be signed by the governor before becoming law.

Sounds like its a win for the business's involved. Whats wrong with that?

4 hours ago, racer254 said:

Can you get anymore bitter? Lol 

9 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Bars should be able to stay open and serve 24/7 if they like.  Not like it would hurt anything.

yes it would . cops are fat lazy fucks the only reason bars have a set close time is to make the fat fucks job ez 

13 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah if it is good for biz why not let them stay open till 4 every night ? 

NOPE only when the Democrats want it.  And yes, it did get bipartisan support once they included the whole state and not just milwaukee.  But hey, it's ok if democrats want it.

MADISON, Wis. — Extending bar hours in Wisconsin until 4 a.m. for the week of the Democratic National Convention appears to be in jeopardy.

Republican Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald said Wednesday that concerns about negative impacts including more drunken drivers on the road has dampened enthusiasm for the move.

The Assembly is scheduled to pass the bill on Thursday, its last session day of the year. That will put the focus on the Senate, which was not scheduled to vote on it Wednesday and is meeting just one more time in March for the year. Fitzgerald says the idea has lost momentum.

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

MADISON, Wis. — Extending bar hours in Wisconsin until 4 a.m. for the week of the Democratic National Convention appears to be in jeopardy.

Republican Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald said Wednesday that concerns about negative impacts including more drunken drivers on the road has dampened enthusiasm for the move.

The Assembly is scheduled to pass the bill on Thursday, its last session day of the year. That will put the focus on the Senate, which was not scheduled to vote on it Wednesday and is meeting just one more time in March for the year. Fitzgerald says the idea has lost momentum.

:lol:  what a cunt 

15 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Revenue for business you imbecile.

Meanwhile the real deal for the "elites" was the tax cut which you probably only got pennies on :lol:

Revenue, yeah that's it.  If it was about the revenue, then why not make it permanent?

18 hours ago, racer254 said:

Revenue, yeah that's it.  If it was about the revenue, then why not make it permanent?

The Wisconsin Tavern League is arguably one of the most powerful lobbying groups in the State of Wisconsin, I would suggest that you contact them for a definitive answer.

Now my uneducated guess is that tavern hours are a community based decision along with the desire of the tavern owner of not having to manage what's already a grueling cash business with longer hours, and it's not such a great return on investment seeing that the usual post midnight crowd consists of drunks, whores, high monsters, and other troublesome folks that require the use of additional private security and policing patrols.

Now as a business owner I can understand tavern owners wanting to take advantage of a special four day tourism event where the probability of having a full house till 4:00 am is very possible and makes the cost of additional employees worthwhile, the additional tax revenue also makes it worthwhile for the municipalities cost of additional police.

40 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The Wisconsin Tavern League is arguably one of the most powerful lobbying groups in the State of Wisconsin, I would suggest that you contact them for a definitive answer.

Now my uneducated guess is that tavern hours are a community based decision along with the desire of the tavern owner of not having to manage what's already a grueling cash business with longer hours, and it's not such a great return on investment seeing that the usual post midnight crowd consists of drunks, whores, high monsters, and other troublesome folks that require the use of additional private security and policing patrols.

Now as a business owner I can understand tavern owners wanting to take advantage of a special four day tourism event where the probability of having a full house till 4:00 am is very possible and makes the cost of additional employees worthwhile, the additional tax revenue also makes it worthwhile for the municipalities cost of additional police.

Sorry, you could very well be correct.  The problem is that this does not happen and has not happened for any other "special four day tourism event"  Summerfest...NOPE, Independence Day?  NOPE.  Memorial day, NOPE.   Labor Day, NOPE.  So again, it goes back to the elite wanting something special for them.

Edited by racer254

On 2/13/2020 at 1:31 PM, Zambroski said:

Drink people are easier to sell lies to so, this makes sense.

Milwaukee DNC convention=ground zero....the good kind!

:lol:

Wisconsin is an entire state of inbred drunks. Im not sure they even know they difference between R and D. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Nailed it. Nice job Vince. :bc: 

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Ya think?  Damn drunken elites! :lol: 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, racer254 said:

Sorry, you could very well be correct.  The problem is that this does not happen and has not happened for any other "special four day tourism event"  Summerfest...NOPE, Independence Day?  NOPE.  Memorial day, NOPE.   Labor Day, NOPE.  So again, it goes back to the elite wanting something special for them.

First off Summerfest is the last party any community would want the bars open till 4:00 am, my first Summerfest was in 79 or 80.....and yes the last thing Milwaukee needed was 4:00 am bars for that party or any future young adult party's.

Memorial Day is a solemn day of remebrance for that have served and sacrificed for the country, and Independence Day is a celebration of our independence along with remembrance for those that sacrificed to make that day in Philadelphia 1776 a reality.

Any political party convention is an opportunity for a community to capitilize on is a once in a lifetime event, and when I say community that includes the business community along with the taxpayer community......conventions are about rallying the team, a pep rally if you will.

9 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Nailed it. Nice job Vince. :bc: 

Thank you sir!

Edited by Mileage Psycho

20 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

First off Summerfest is the last party any community would want the bars open till 4:00 am, my first Summerfest was in 79 or 80.....and yes the last thing Milwaukee needed was 4:00 am bars for that party or any future young adult party's.

Memorial Day is a solemn day of remebrance for that have served and sacrificed for the country, and Independence Day is a celebration of our independence along with remembrance for those that sacrificed to make that day in Philadelphia 1776 a reality.

Any political party convention is an opportunity for a community to capitilize on is a once in a lifetime event, and when I say community that includes the business community along with the taxpayer community......conventions are about rallying the team, a pep rally if you will.

Thank you sir!

I just call it like it is.  Some fucking elites thinking they should be allowed to do something not normally done.    It's great that the bars and restaurants will benefit, but Sorry that's what it is to me. 

Edited by racer254