Check your account email address ×

The fuckers are like ants!

Anler

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

That is the case across the entire US....  just not your area.

Yes I know, I talk to other contractors from right to work states and some of the big jobs there that went non-union are disasters because they are bringing in and hiring unqualified people. Fucking shit up. Thats one good thing about the unions is the training is unequaled. 

16 minutes ago, Anler said:

Around here that is a union job, its not even an issue. There are no non-union outfits around here capable and with the man power to do that. The unions here provide the best trained and most qualified tradesmen around. Not to mention ALL of the largest general contractors are union. 

I'm sure these Chinese labourers are in the union.:lol:

Bro, the shit I've witnesses these fuckers do no union member would attempt.

14 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm sure these Chinese labourers are in the union.:lol:

Bro, the shit I've witnesses these fuckers do no union member would attempt.

Oh i agree, thats why i compared them to ants. they are some working mother fuckers. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
36 minutes ago, Anler said:

Around here that is a union job, its not even an issue. There are no non-union outfits around here capable and with the man power to do that. The unions here provide the best trained and most qualified tradesmen around. Not to mention ALL of the largest general contractors are union. 

Yep...been around a project like that back in the day...actually pretty impressive and it involved pretty much every trade out there. 

37 minutes ago, Anler said:

Communism FTMFW!

Looks like they have a bunch of pre-fab units they can just slap together. If that is a standard type of construction they use then it makes it alot more available and easier but the underground utilites is a job in itself. Then usually the concrete has to cure for at least 30 days. That is an impressive undertaking any way you want to look at it. 

To me, this isn't just a mad scramble where they can utilize just anyone they find on the street to build this hospital. Imo, this is a trained crew/army of people that specialize in this sort of thing in case of a pandemic like we are seeing now.

Not all concrete is the same. With the thickness they are pouring, and depending on the mix, 1 to 2 weeks max before the forms are stripped. Even if it is still green it will still support what they are building. 

Just now, irv said:

To me, this isn't just a mad scramble where they can utilize just anyone they find on the street to build this hospital. Imo, this is a trained crew/army of people that specialize in this sort of thing in case of a pandemic like we are seeing now.

Not all concrete is the same. With the thickness they are pouring, and depending on the mix, 1 to 2 weeks max before the forms are stripped. Even if it is still green it will still support what they are building. 

Do you understand communism? The Chinese have it mastered, as evidenced by that clip. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Do you understand communism? The Chinese have it mastered, as evidenced by that clip. 

Not likely as well as you do, but I'll stick with my opinion and say this isn't just a one off sort of thing where they are flying by the seat of their pants.

Just now, BOHICA said:

Osha and regulations wouldn’t allow employers here to allow the employees to do the things they do in China 

Not a chance and the same goes with up here as well. In China, I am sure safety is way low on their priority lists.

1 minute ago, irv said:

Not likely as well as you do, but I'll stick with my opinion and say this isn't just a one off sort of thing where they are flying by the seat of their pants.

I really dont follow their building practices but if they use some type of modular construction in most applications then stuff like this would be really easy to throw up fast. Since everything runs thru the govt they dont have any red tape. Lots of hoops they dont have to jump thru that we do. watching that just blows me away because I know how impossible that would be here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Osha and regulations wouldn’t allow employers here to allow the employees to do the things they do in China 

Nope. And if an employee gets hurt or dies there is no stoppage. Crazy

Don't kid yourself this was all planned, site picked and what not.    Still an absolute amazing feat but this is a preplanned contingency that was well in the works.   Really makes one wonder wtf is going on.   

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I've seen then in action

The project management and sequence of work has to be on point too. That many people and that much work being done in that time frame? Fucking nuts. Even working around the clock, makes it that much more difficult. 

How do they get that many nurses and doctors or will it all be staffed with med students.

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

How doesbonebget that many nuses and doctors orbwill it all be staffed with med students.

Communist education system, they probably have millions of them. And they(nurses/doctors) dont have a choice. 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

The project management and sequence of work has to be on point too. That many people and that much work being done in that time frame? Fucking nuts. Even working around the clock, makes it that much more difficult. 

I can imagine.  Impressive is a major understatement.

2 minutes ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

chinese construction. hmmm, i'd take my chances on the germ riddled streets than step into that fucker

Normally I would agree but did you watch it? It looks like they have cranes lifting modular units into place and tying them together then throwing a roof on it. That is a well organized feat any way you want to look at it. 

40 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

More evidence that this shit is bad.  WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE

You have other problems to worry about. I just heard Trump is giving Alaska to Russia. AKIQPilotski! Ha!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I just did some research. They hired and flew over a couple of crews from the USA. The project managers from spirit Halloween were the first to arrive. Then a couple of crews from dollar general came in for some guidance. :lmao: