Check your account email address ×

The fuckers are like ants!

Anler

Just now, Zambroski said:

Honestly, this shit just screams government fuck up and cover up.  It just smells fishy as fuck to me.  It might just be my breath tho..

Maybe so, I am not commenting on the virus itself just that there were able to build a hosptial like this in this amount of time. I am in construction and something like this would be a year or 2 around here. Fucking chinks are some tenacious mofos

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Maybe so, I am not commenting on the virus itself just that there were able to build a hosptial like this in this amount of time. I am in construction and something like this would be a year or 2 around here. Fucking chinks are some tenacious mofos

The Chinese have progressed quite a bit.  A few years ago a customer swung by my place and wanted to test out some equipment from China.  I said sure so he ordered it and it arrived within 5 days.  In good times that would have been a 8 week delivery from any other global supplier for process equipment.  The performance was also on par or better.  

Wake up people.

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

I know but, governments everywhere are good at throwing massive money with no expense spared, without hesitation to cover their own fuck ups.  I sense something is amiss here and they are looking at possible damage control in the future if something slips out.  

• Gold Member
21 minutes ago, Anler said:

The building permits and enviromental permits alone would take years upon years  before even starting construction

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

The building permits and enviromental permits alone would take years upon years  before even starting construction

Permits, inspections, change orders, lead times, submittals, etc... it would take months just to get it going. The only way something like that  could happen here is if the military was involved. 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Permits, inspections, change orders, lead times, submittals, etc... it would take months just to get it going. The only way something like that  could happen here is if the military was involved. 

Even if it was a military project the circuit courts would lock that shit up.  The amount of enviroment damage on a project of that magnitude requires years upon years of court battles and remediation.  That would be a decade plus from conception to completion in the US

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, BOHICA said:

Even if it was a military project the circuit courts would lock that shit up.  The amount of enviroment damage on a project of that magnitude requires years upon years of court battles and remediation.  That would be a decade plus from conception to completion in the US

KInda sad that lawyers can make as much off of a construction project as the company doing the job.

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Not to mention every single union having a shit fit and suing everyone under the sun to get their share of that g-ment honey.

We be better off just letting the whole thing run it’s course and kill off 20% or so.  Construction would start 2-3 years after its passed....and nobody would know why....other than the unions and DC politicians of course.

840D89EA-823E-4B2E-95E5-B981CBE91012.gif

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Not to mention every single union having a shot fit and seeing everyone under the sun to get their share of that g-ment honey.

We be better off just letting the whole thing run it’s course and kill off 20% or so.  Construction would start 2-3 years after its passed....and nobody would know why.

Through my union I would bend over the contractor that won that government contract for that hospital and building the power lines needed for that large of a project

Likes like a bunch of pods or shipping containers all bolted together. I would guess they,ve got a gazillion shipping containers available, all empty waiting to ship stuff around the world, so they are probably just retrofitting those. They certainly can get stuff done in a hurry.

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Through my union I would bend over the contractor that won that government contract for that hospital and building the power lines needed for that large of a project

Thanks for playing your part so well!  :lol:

38 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The Chinese have progressed quite a bit.  A few years ago a customer swung by my place and wanted to test out some equipment from China.  I said sure so he ordered it and it arrived within 5 days.  In good times that would have been a 8 week delivery from any other global supplier for process equipment.  The performance was also on par or better.  

Wake up people.

Communism FTMFW!

Looks like they have a bunch of pre-fab units they can just slap together. If that is a standard type of construction they use then it makes it alot more available and easier but the underground utilites is a job in itself. Then usually the concrete has to cure for at least 30 days. That is an impressive undertaking any way you want to look at it. 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Thanks for playing your part so well!  :lol:

A project like that....  union and non union alike are going to run after the big pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Wonder if it was preplanned in case their little weapon got out of control.

State developed contigency plan? Could be and if the materials are already available then all they have to do is mobilize and get to work. Could do it just about anywhere. 

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Wonder if it was preplanned in case their little weapon got out of control.

That’d probably be my guess.  The logistics for this....even with unlimited resources to throw at it would take some time to plan out so, it was probably built into the fail-safes.  

Of course, we don’t know how long this virus has actually been kicking either.

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

A project like that....  union and non union alike are going to run after the big pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Around here that is a union job, its not even an issue. There are no non-union outfits around here capable and with the man power to do that. The unions here provide the best trained and most qualified tradesmen around. Not to mention ALL of the largest general contractors are union. 

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Anler said:

Around here that is a union job, its not even an issue. There are no non-union outfits around here capable and with the man power to do that. The unions here provide the best trained and most qualified tradesmen around. Not to mention ALL of the largest general contractors are union. 

That is the case across the entire US....  just not your area.