Check your account email address ×

Just for the sake of discussion

Obama seemed to fuel the divide in recent years. I don’t remember us being that divided before he got elected. Many weren’t happy with that man being president. The way the media is today just dumps gas in the fire. The way they sensationalize every little thing and the bias in reporting is just pathetic.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Vietnam war.  
climton impeachment was a significant game changer.  

I have a hard time assigning Vietnam to our political divide in Washington only because both sides were part of the war.  I think Vietnam is more of a divide between Washington and the rest of the country as a whole.  

The last four of Obama’s term was the largest reason why we are here.  The media, blatantly covering and protecting their DC establishment’s lies and deceit, became so easily seen.  They clearly just didn’t care anymore.  The liberal fascist movement was now going to be forced through as their weak minded, social justice warriors and self proclaimed intellectual elite fans cheered and ran interference by taking to social media and trying to destroy the lives of anybody and everybody that spoke out against them.

Doing this, brought us Trump.

• Like 1

It starts with banks and corps that wish to control you and convince you to fight in their wars. The entire msm is owned by like 3 corps. That goes for Google, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram also. That's where you get your talking points from. 

8 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I have a hard time assigning Vietnam to our political divide in Washington only because both sides were part of the war.  I think Vietnam is more of a divide between Washington and the rest of the country as a whole.  

Agree,  but the result was a way to  exploit division. America saw its huge first divide.  Civil rights, drugs, etc. all spawned off the anti war movement.  No difference between the Iraq war . When it lost popularity with the country, one party was able to exploit it, another got hung with it. Even though it had bi- partisan support.  

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The last four of Obama’s term was the largest reason why we are here.  The media, blatantly covering and protecting their DC establishment’s lies and deceit, became so easily seen.  They clearly just didn’t care anymore.  The liberal fascist movement was now going to be forced through as their weak minded, social justice warriors and self proclaimed intellectual elite fans cheered and ran interference by taking to social media and trying to destroy the lives of anybody and everybody that spoke out against them.

Doing this, brought us Trump.

Certainly,  can’t dismiss the media’s role.  Obama and Trump made them lose their minds in opposite directions.

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

It starts with banks and corps that wish to control you and convince you to fight in their wars. The entire msm is owned by like 3 corps. That goes for Google, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram also. That's where you get your talking points from. 

🎶“Major Tom to ground control.....”🎶

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Certainly,  can’t dismiss the media’s role.  Obama and Trump made them lose their minds in opposite directions.

I agree but, liberals lost harder, faster and further than any human known to man!!!!

Holy shit!  I think of the Nazis were unarmed, their response would have looked similar.

37 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Obama seemed to fuel the divide in recent years. I don’t remember us being that divided before he got elected. Many weren’t happy with that man being president. The way the media is today just dumps gas in the fire. The way they sensationalize every little thing and the bias in reporting is just pathetic.

This ^^^

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I agree but, liberals lost harder, faster and further than any human known to man!!!!

Holy shit!  I think of the Nazis were unarmed, their response would have looked similar.

We will never see a united America, like after 9/11 again.   

39 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I think Obama could of made a huge difference in uniting the country.  I was surprised He went in the direction he did.  Not everyone, but I believe a large segment of whites were feeling pretty good about electing a black president, then felt betrayed.  The charges of racism over opposition to the HC. Bill angered a lot of people. 

50 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Media fuels the divide and that impact has been multiplied by social media because it's 24/7. Many think everything online is true or want it to be true because they agree with it but most of it is hyperbole designed to get you to click on so they get paid. Rustle some jimmies = $$$. I think I am going to look into starting my own channel, I can rustle jimmies with the best of them. Then I can retire from my day job and trigger snowflakes all day. :bc:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

We will never see a united America, like after 9/11 again.   

I think Obama could of made a huge difference in uniting the country.  I was surprised He went in the direction he did.  Not everyone, but I believe a large segment of whites were feeling pretty good about electing a black president, then felt betrayed.  The charges of racism over opposition to the HC. Bill angered a lot of people. 

If Obama would have come out and said blacks need to stop bitching and get jobs white people would have loved him. 

52 minutes ago, Edmo said:

My only criticism of Obama on this front was his lack of communication/cooperation with the opposing party.  I think this is because of how he got into politics and his lack of understanding of the job he won (just like Trump).  Before Obama presidents came from long political careers that had to deal with opposition parties and as such had a better understanding of building consensus.  

1 minute ago, Anler said:

If Obama would have come out and said blacks need to stop bitching and get jobs white people would have loved him. 

I’m not saying that.  He could of put himself up as an example of how anything is possible in this country , with hard work.   Don’t let anyone tell you can’t  succeed because of race,  sex , poverty. 

4 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

My only criticism of Obama on this front was his lack of communication/cooperation with the opposing party.  I think this is because of how he got into politics and his lack of understanding of the job he won (just like Trump).  Before Obama presidents came from long political careers that had to deal with opposition parties and as such had a better understanding of building consensus.  

Obama served as a U.S. senator from Illinois from 2005 to 2008 and an Illinois state senator from 1997 to 2004.

He just may have cooperated with the repub party more but after hearing McConnells statement on his first day in office he decided otherwise.

So listening to Lindsey Graham talk about his votes for Sodomayor and Kagan two justices put up by Obama and cleared through the Senate.  His point was that even though he may not agree with them his job as a senator was not to vote on their political philosophy but rather their qualifications which leads me back to Bork.   Form just the stand point of qualifications there may not have been a more judicially qualified person put forth to the supreme court in my life time than Bork. He in my mind is the first casualty in the cold war that has grown between the R's and D's over the last few decades, voted down solely on his political leanings rather than his credentials.

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I’m not saying that.  He could of put himself up as an example of how anything is possible in this country , with hard work.   Don’t let anyone tell you can’t  succeed because of race,  sex , poverty.