Check your account email address ×

Tesla close to the 400 mile charge.

• Gold Member

Having a full EV would be nice for around town.  Cheap to run.  Tesla will charge at 32 amps at home on a 240 volt circuit.  You don't even need to get a home charger if you can wire in a 240 50 amp Nema outlet.  Even with charging losses that you have you could take a 95 KWh battery and charge it from empty to full in 16 hours give or take an hour with about $10 in total electricity in my area from a home 240 outlet.

Estimates by EV sources say Ford has already presold 32,000 mach E's and first year production is planned for 50,000.  If Ford hits doing 50,000 EV's in the first year year the tax credit for ford may start disappearing some time in by 2022.  I could see a Mach E going into the garage in year 2 of production and save the plugin hybrid for out of town trips.

Edited by BOHICA

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Having a full EV would be nice for around town.  Cheap to run.  Tesla will charge at 32 amps at home on a 240 volt circuit.  You don't even need to get a home charger if you can wire in a 240 50 amp Nema outlet.  Even with charging losses that you have you could take a 95 KWh battery and charge it from empty to full in 16 hours give or take an hour with about $10 in total electricity in my area.

Estimates by EV sources say Ford has already presold 32,000 mach E's and first year production is planned for 50,000.  If Ford hits doing 50,000 EV's in the first year year the tax credit for ford may start disappearing some time in by 2022.  I could see a Mach E going into the garage in year 2 of production and save the plugin hybrid for out of town trips.

I wouldn’t touch a 1st or 2nd year ford EV. 

• Gold Member
Just now, spin_dry said:

I wouldn’t touch a 1st or 2nd year ford EV. 

They will be just fine.  Ford has over 100,000 ev's under their belt.  Excellent warranty on EV components makes it not a concern.   Ford knows what they are doing when it comes to EV's as much as anybody.  Not their first rodeo with EV vehicles.   Plus the vast dealer network in every state would make me opt for a dealer supported EV purchase over what Tesla has built as their repair service procedure.

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

They will be just fine.  Ford has over 100,000 ev's under their belt.  Excellent warranty on EV components makes it not a concern.   Ford knows what they are doing when it comes to EV's as much as anybody.  Not their first rodeo with EV vehicles.   Plus the vast dealer network in every state would make me opt for a dealer supported EV purchase over what Tesla has built as their repair service procedure.

Go for. I think that they suck. 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Go for. I think that they suck. 

I wouldnt expect you to think otherwise.  At a 43,000 base price and a $7500 federal tax credit any new tesla SUV wouldnt come close to competing with Ford.

Just now, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

I really like that model X, its perfect.  nearly 320 miles range already. 

Yep it's alright

But spinner is constantly talking about how great they are and since hes a genius level successful kind of guy I just figured he had one 

10 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Yep it's alright

But spinner is constantly talking about how great they are and since hes a genius level successful kind of guy I just figured he had one 

I can always count on a healthy Tesla thread. :)

46 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Every first year Ford is a pos

1 hour ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Agreed, was even shocked to see Tesla superchargers in Jackman area! near 4 seasons restaurant place. ever been there? 

Yup.the rest areas on the Maine Pike have many Tesla chargers.

This is good news. EV’s are our future. These are the advancements we need in our quest for an alternative to gasoline. We are closer than ever now. 

I love my little EV. Would like more range but everything else is just fine. 

Edited by AKIQPilot

Just now, spin_dry said:

Impractical for me. I’m sitting pretty good with the van and M2. I need another 100 miles for range. 

Where do you go it's impractical?

So you think it is practical for others though and that's why you constantly say how great it is?

Something doesn't add up here