Check your account email address ×

Ex ryder knows mountain sleds

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, Anler said:

Cat should come out with at least an 875 with some new bling and def a high tech gauge package. Promote the shit out of it. It would put them back in the running. I dont want to see them fade away, skidoo and polaris would take us to the wood shed if we only had 2 choices. 

I'm not expecting much from Cat until Textron sells them.   Talked to a stealer the other day that claims Textron is actively trying to sell Cat.  

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm not expecting much from Cat until Textron sells them.   Talked to a stealer the other day that claims Textron is actively trying to sell Cat.  

Then selling them is the only way they will continue I’m afraid.  I don’t have a lot of faith in Textron right now.  I have hope but......

Also, a high up Poo engineer at Haydays said that Poo would sell off their snow division if they felt they got a good buyer also.  Nobody wants the snow end of things anymore.  Maybe Areins can start making sleds?  Maybe they will buy Cat and put blowers on the front of those stupid fucking one bangers!  Now that’s how you do it!!!!!

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Trump should buy them.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Anler said:

Cat should come out with at least an 875 with some new bling and def a high tech gauge package. Promote the shit out of it. It would put them back in the running. I dont want to see them fade away, skidoo and polaris would take us to the wood shed if we only had 2 choices. 

Yup I’d buy a cat if they had a fast motor. 

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Then selling them is the only way they will continue I’m afraid.  I don’t have a lot of faith in Textron right now.  I have hope but......

Also, a high up Poo engineer at Haydays said that Poo would sell off their snow division if they felt they got a good buyer also.  Nobody wants the snow end of things anymore.  Maybe Areins can start making sleds?  Maybe they will buy Cat and put blowers on the front of those stupid fucking one bangers!  Now that’s how you do it!!!!!

It wouldn't surprise me.   Imagine one day if we only had 1 sled mfg.   Make the sport fucking boring and ruin some internet forums.  :lol:  

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It wouldn't surprise me.   Imagine one day if we only had 1 sled mfg.   Make the sport fucking boring and ruin some internet forums.  :lol:  

Ski Doo sparks for everyone!!!!!

Imagine the aftermarket companies though!!!  Wowsa!!!!!

Our sport has been dying for years.  I don’t see it being around in another 20.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Sadly you might be right.   In 10 we could see shared UTV/Sled trails all over in the winter.   That would fucking suck.   I'd probably become mountain and race only at that point. 

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I can finally agree.  I love the sport but shorter and shorter winters and 20k sleds are killing it.  

Just now, Highmark said:

Sadly you might be right.   In 10 we could see shared UTV/Sled trails all over.   That would fucking suck.   I'd probably become mountain and race only at that point. 

It’s just a combination of things that are hurting many aspects.  Weather, prices,  new riders dwindling, nobody helping with trails, lack of self policing, trail closures, private land buy ups, other activities lobbying (and getting) access to our systems, reduced funding, etc, etc...

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Its just moving to the mountains/off trail. Off trail has been expanding a lot since the late 00's unfortunately. 

I think many western riders dont register their sleds. I only have 1 sled registered for trails around here. The rest are mtn only and some places like the Snowy's, the only place the wardens show up once in a while is the parking lots. They never ride out onto the hill. One of the resort owners told me the wardens dont even have any sleds in eastern WY. 

2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I can finally agree.  I love the sport but shorter and shorter winters and 20k sleds are killing it.  

Yeah but we all want the latest and greatest tech and with volumes today they have to charge a bunch to stay in business.  US/Canada sales of new sleds is half of what it was just 20 years ago.   

5 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

New fucking high end rzr 4 seaters are $32K USD. Thats fucking crazy, but they cant make them things fast enough.

Just now, Legend said:

New fucking high end rzr 4 seaters are $32K USD. Thats fucking crazy, but they cant make them things fast enough.

Yep.   I can't believe the people that buy them too.   Hardly ever use them just want one.   I will say one thing in Iowa and Wisconsin the many counties are opening up the roads to them.   Its the new Harley where people think its an open excuse to drink and ride.  

Just now, Highmark said:

Yep.   I can't believe the people that buy them too.   Hardly ever use them just want one.   I will say one thing in Iowa and Wisconsin the many counties are opening up the roads to them.   Its the new Harley where people think its an open excuse to drink and ride.  

I have a 2015 900 4 seater. And its fun, but not even close to sledding fun. 

6 minutes ago, Legend said:

Its just moving to the mountains/off trail. Off trail has been expanding a lot since the late 00's unfortunately. 

I think many western riders dont register their sleds. I only have 1 sled registered for trails around here. The rest are mtn only and some places like the Snowy's, the only place the wardens show up once in a while is the parking lots. They never ride out onto the hill. One of the resort owners told me the wardens dont even have any sleds in eastern WY. 

Yeah, all very true.  There’s no mistaking the whole industry leaning toward the long tracks.  Fuck!  My wife wants to move to Colorado anyway.  Maybe I’ll turn I turn into one of you Rocky Mountain retards after all.  :lol:

4 minutes ago, Legend said:

This is another thing I forgot to mention...people are going with wheeled vehicles over sleds.  Guaranteed use no matter what.  Once the trails start opening up for these in the winter which, I think is inevitable, trail sledding is but done.

Just now, Legend said:

I have a 2015 900 4 seater. And its fun, but not even close to sledding fun. 

Completely agree.   My wife loves to drive and I'm not about to own two sport UTV's.  :lol:  

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, all very true.  There’s no mistaking the whole industry leaning toward the long tracks.  Fuck!  My wife wants to move to Colorado anyway.  Maybe I’ll turn I Tomobe of you Rocky Mountain retards after all.  :lol:

This is another thing I forgot to mention...people are going with wheeled vehicles over sleds.  Guaranteed use no matter what.  Once the trails start opening up for these in the winter which, I think is inevitable, trail sledding is but done.

You'd be the perfect parking lot poser. :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, Legend said:

You'd be the perfect parking lot poser. :thumbsup:

Yeah but even out there the guys on 600's are laughed at.  :lol:  :taunt:   My 600 sidehills better than you 850 Turbo. 

Flaming the croc boy! 

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yeah but even out there the guys on 600's are laughed at.  :lol:  :taunt:   My 600 sidehills better than you 850 Turbo.  

Only  people on 600s out there are rentals. They don’t get far from the trail.

Edited by Legend