Check your account email address ×

Largest Veterans organization demands apology after Trump said traumatic brain injuries from Iranian attack are 'not very serious'

15 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The proper term is blast induced TBI. The majority of the brain damage occurs because of sudden pressure increases on the legs and abdominal area. The sudden resulting surge in blood pressure results in a spike in inner cranial pressures resulting damage to the blood brain barrier and various levels of damage to the small blood vessels in the brain. I’m a little shocked that as ex military you didn’t know the mechanisms of blast induced TBI. Of course what I wrote only scratched the surface of the dynamics of these injuries. 

There are three grades of concussion.  One IS NOT “explosion grade”.  I’ve had many kinds. Trust me, one isn’t better or worse than the other.

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

This is where spin tries to cover his ass..(Google something quick that follows what I said..I sound intelligent)

Frigging clock work.. bahaha..

I just smh.  You cannot fill a cup that is already full...of librul.

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

Is there any subject that Derpski can’t look stupid commenting on?

Do you ever get tired of looking so pathetically stupid in here?

Serious question.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

There are three grades of concussion.  One IS NOT “explosion grade”.  I’ve had many kinds. Trust me, one isn’t better or worse than the other.

I just smh.  You cannot fill a cup that is already full...of librul.

Do you ever get tired of looking so pathetically stupid in here?

Serious question.

You hitched your ride to the local Michigan retard. Enjoy the ride. :lol: 

My work is done here. 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
25 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Indeed I did. 

Seems you can't step away, almost like you are lacking something in life, something you need to feel about yourself................haha

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Seems you can't step away, almost like you are lacking something in life, something you need to feel about yourself................haha

I’m working. Health insurance coding assessment.  It’s all remote. I can travel and still make money. Have to limit income so it doesn’t affect SS. It’s some extra knocking around money. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

I’m working. Health insurance coding assessment.  It’s all remote. I can travel and still make money. Have to limit income so it doesn’t affect SS. It’s some extra knocking around money. 

No suppression of reality her folks, move along,..

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I’d hitch mine to you too...if you were correct.

You seem very confused about the cause of TBI from an explosive device. You seem to think it’s due to a cranial impact, which it’s not. The old theory was that the injury was primarily caused by the 300 mph blast wind and it’s effects on the skull/brain. That theory has found little merit in more recent research. Sudden barometric pressure changes and the resulting barotrauma is the primary cause of organ and brain trauma. Blast related TBI from one incident can result in eventual depression, personality change, working memory issues, and depletion of executive brain function resulting in impulsivity. That can lead into drug and alcohol abuse and suicidal/homicidal behavior.  It’s bad shit. Comparing it to a football injury is ridiculous. 

Edited by spin_dry

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

You seem very confused about the cause of TBI from an explosive device. You seem to think it’s due to a cranial impact, which it’s not. The old theory was that the injury was primarily caused by the 300 mph blast wind and it’s effects on the skull/brain. That theory has found little merit in more recent research. Sudden barometric pressure changes and the resulting barotrauma is the primary cause of organ and brain trauma. Blast related TBI from one incident can result in eventual depression, personality change, working memory issues, and depletion of executive brain function resulting in impulsivity. That can lead into drug and alcohol abuse and suicidal/homicidal behavior.  It’s bad shit. Comparing it to a football injury is ridiculous. 

I know that in your eyes, you think your can just paddle harder and twist this thing up into a pretzel and “win”.  Nope.  A concussion is a concussion....is a concussion.....is a concussion.  Period.  How it was achieved wasn’t the argument.  They all cause the symptoms you described.  I know your main job (along with much of your industries job) is to categorize and create and maintain the victim status quo but, your argument is idiotic at best.  Being a passive hippy who is trying to claim some moral high ground on the backs of soldiers you clearly despise doesn’t make you any better.

7 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Once again....informative well thought out post.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I know that in your eyes, you think your can just paddle harder and twist this thing up into a pretzel and “win”.  Nope.  A concussion is a concussion....is a concussion.....is a concussion.  Period.  How it was achieved wasn’t the argument.  They all cause the symptoms you described.  I know your main job (along with much of your industries job) is to categorize and create and maintain the victim status quo but, your argument is idiotic at best.  Being a passive hippy who is trying to claim some moral high ground on the backs of soldiers you clearly despise doesn’t make you any better.

A paragraph of absolute horsehit. 

25 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It’s easy to see how you turned liberal so easily.  You can’t follow along with basic context and conversations and believe that the reason is because your critical thinking skills and intelligence is just higher than others. I mean... :lol:

Add to that the fact you feel you are a good “white knight” for others and you really are a full comedy peice for people like me.

Now, shouldn’t you be stalking Rudy and Graham’s tweeter accounts?  :lmao:

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

It’s easy to see how you turned liberal so easily.  You can’t follow along with basic context and conversations and believe that the reason is because your critical thinking skills and intelligence is just higher than others. I mean... :lol:

Add to that the fact you feel you are a good “white knight” for others and you really are a full comedy peice for people like me.

Now, shouldn’t you be stalking Rudy and Graham’s tweeter accounts?  :lmao:

Snacks is many things.  Critical thinker aint one of them.  :lol: 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’m impressed at the lengths trump people will go in defending him. Dismissing blast related TBI as nothing more than a high school football injury. :lol: 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

I’m impressed at the lengths trump people will go in defending him. Dismissing blast related TBI as nothing more than a high school football injury. :lol: 

It has 0 to do with trump old lady. It's understanding how concussions are graded. 

And apparently in your world every one is a guaranteed depression, alcoholism and whatever else stupid shit you said :lol:

Now one concussion and you're damaged goods! :lol:

only in the land of snowflake's and victims smh

1 minute ago, washedupmxer said:

It has 0 to do with trump old lady. It's understanding how concussions are graded. 

And apparently in your world every one is a guaranteed depression, alcoholism and whatever else stupid shit you said :lol:

Now one concussion and you're damaged goods! :lol:

only in the land of snowflake's and victims smh

Take note above kids. The Michigan retard who’s intellectually versed in nothing. 

16 hours ago, washedupmxer said:

One would think you'd expect a concussion or two in the service.... probably consider yourself quite lucky of that's all you get 

Since we have over 67,000 reported concussions a year in the states from football alone I'd say this butthurt crying by a liberal agenda

You should fountain pen a tersely worded letter to the head of this veterans association and tell him that then. 

The one who is directly quoted in the article everyone is laughing at and dismissing 

Edited by frenchy

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

You should fountain pen a letter to the head of this veterans association and tell him that then. 

The one who is directly quoted in the article everyone is laughing at and dismissing 

So most news is propaganda but you're buying into this fully? 

Before we continue is that the route you're taking? 

Edited by washedupmxer

So most news is fake but you're buying into this fully? 

Before we continue is that the route you're taking? 

He’s directly quoted in The article. You saying that’s a lie? How did you determine that exactly?  Call him up? Tweet him?

Did you vett the NY Times article you posted yesterday while trying to come across as ‘informed’? 

Just now, frenchy said:

He’s directly quoted in The article. You saying that’s a lie? How did you determine that exactly?  Call him up? Tweet him?

Did you vett the NY Times article you posted yesterday while trying to come across as ‘informed’? 

No I'm saying it's overblown garbage and that one concussion is hardly dangerous and that I agree with trump when he said it's not that big of a deal 

Any soldiers I talked to agree with trump 

Are you in agreement with spingrandma in full then? 

17 of the 34 back on duty within a week, sounds serious there. 

You can figure another 5-10 are looking for time off

Poor Frenchie gut hooked by CNN and a grandma 😂

Take it up with the head of the veterans association. Obviously taking selfies in your kids team’s fan gear trump’s his experience and opinion.