Check your account email address ×

Grand Rapids Man Killed in Wexford County Snowmobile Crash

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

If you think about it just for a second.....there is almost nothing you can do that is dumber than that.  Maybe take both hands off the bars?

How many times do ya see someone giving you the last sled sign , just to a sled they don't know about on their mudflap

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

How many times do ya see someone giving you the last sled sign , just to a sled they don't know about on their mudflap

It’s dumb on so many levels it’s hard to explain.  What other Motorsport does this?  

I’ve always been against it but about four years ago, I had a guy on a yammi clip my skis giving my the signal that his buddy was behind him.  Skinny trail and his skis darted at just the right time.  I was stupidly signaling at the time too.  “BREAKING NEWS:  Two men were killed today in a head on crash when they both thought it was smart to take one hand off the bars at speed on an uneven substrate.”

Ummmmm.....

That was it for me.  No more.  It’s just recklessly stupid. Shouldn't we all just be riding like there is another sled coming no matter what?  Yup.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Snocrosser wannabe wearing a pit coat and a pair of crocs? :lmao:

There’s a lot of locals up here that ride like their face is on fire.  Many ex racers. They spend their money and their time making sure their sleds handle properly for how they ride.  I’d take any of these guys racing on the trails over the retards that wrestle their poorly equipped and poorly tuned sleds around up here.  It’s real easy to see who is who too.  Especially when oncoming.

We have a private area (100K acres) with 3-400kms of groomed trails. Years ago it was crazy in there on the trails with the drunks and idiots and the volume of sleds. The owner has cut the daily limit to 100 trail passes per day because of the fatalities/accidents and complaints. It's still pretty bad when your on a wide trail and a bunch of assholes still come flying at you on a bend. If they wanna race go on the fkn lakes which are staked up there

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

There’s a lot of locals up here that ride like their face is on fire.  Many ex racers. They spend their money and their time making sure their sleds handle properly for how they ride.  I’d take any of these guys racing on the trails over the retards that wrestle their poorly equipped and poorly tuned sleds around up here.  It’s real easy to see who is who too.  Especially when oncoming.

Did you not read my post, I said pit coat and crocs!!! Now I expect a proper rebuttal. :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, snoughnut said:

Did you not read my post, I said pit coat and crocs!!! Now I expect a proper rebuttal. :lol:

Did you not read mine?  :lmao:

You are a lot safer with “some guy in Crocs and a pit coat” out there than some retards outriding their sled and woefully inadequate abilities. 

25 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Wisconsin trails can be tight, its a good idea to do the hand signal as there are alot of blind corners. When I see people riding down the grade and giving hand signals i shake my head. Its not like I cant see everything behind them for the next mile or so. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Best solution i have found is to maintain control of your sled and not crash.  :bc:  too many assholes with something to prove.......

Yep.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Young guys with that attitude usually don’t last real long in the sport. I’m knocking on wood, because in years past I’m sure I drove too fast and took too many chances just like all the guys in my crew did. One buddy got used as a speedbump by someone coming the other way and had to get medevaced out.  Fuck that.

Yea , we were all young and thought we were invincible at some point. I have kicked it down quite a few notches. I don't feel like having to live with a bag for the rest of my life and in a wheel chair,  or worse. 

1 hour ago, washedupmxer said:

You probably have never seen this. It was during an organized radar run ffs. This was hit first weekend on his new sled.... 

I could be wrong but my generation grew up on sleds from when were tots. Today guys get started in the young 20's get a new sled that has 150+up that any moron can make go fast. Recipe for disaster imo 

Eeeesh, that was brutal.  Wonder how he ended up after that? 

Been seeing that a lot later. You're spot on. Read about it all the time on FB, having idiots not staying to the right. 

Here's another example. 

37 minutes ago, Anler said:

Wisconsin trails can be tight, its a good idea to do the hand signal as there are alot of blind corners. When I see people riding down the grade and giving hand signals i shake my head. Its not like I cant see everything behind them for the next mile or so. 

I love Wisconsin being the buffer zone for FIBs.  Jesus.

”yeahummm.....the tight twisty trails are a good place to take your hands off the bars and do a Helen Keller improv.....duh Bearz!”

54 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s dumb on so many levels it’s hard to explain.  What other Motorsport does this?  

I’ve always been against it but about four years ago, I had a guy on a yammi clip my skis giving my the signal that his buddy was behind him.  Skinny trail and his skis darted at just the right time.  I was stupidly signaling at the time too.  “BREAKING NEWS:  Two men were killed today in a head on crash when they both thought it was smart to take one hand off the bars at speed on an uneven substrate.”

Ummmmm.....

That was it for me.  No more.  It’s just recklessly stupid. Shouldn't we all just be riding like there is another sled coming no matter what?  Yup.

But also if you can't control your sled with one hand you maybe should just ride open fields 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I love Wisconsin being the buffer zone for FIBs.  Jesus.

”yeahummm.....the tight twisty trails are a good place to take your hands off the bars and do a Helen Keller improv.....duh Bearz!”

Uh yeahummm so we slow down real good first ya no? Unless im hammered drunk then I try to reach over and hit the other guys kill switch! Good times... 

1 minute ago, washedupmxer said:

But also if you can't control your sled with one hand you maybe should just ride open fields 

Problem is, nobody can truly control their sled with one hand.  Especially when there is so little margin for error.  That’s why there are two grips!  One for each little dick beater!

2 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

I was going to say maybe my skills are more advanced than I thought... :lol: 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Ummmmm.....

yes

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Most of VT is tight. That's why I prefer cow country when riding there. 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

The hand signal cult should punch themselves in the face.  

1 hour ago, washedupmxer said:

Or, slow way down when you're passing another group. 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Problem is, nobody can truly control their sled with one hand.  Especially when there is so little margin for error.  That’s why there are two grips!  One for each little dick beater!

If you're worried about maintaining control with 1 hand long enough to give a quick hand signal, you're going to fast while passing oncoming traffic.  

You're the problem, not the guy giving a hand signal driving like a person who has a brain. 

15 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

This is a riders topic, you're out. Your opinion means nothing now  :snack:

10 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

If you're worried about maintaining control with 1 hand long enough to give a quick hand signal, you're going to fast while passing oncoming traffic.  

You're the problem, not the guy giving a hand signal driving like a person who has a brain. 

when you've ridden the amount of miles i have in the last decade you can comment on riding topics.  :bf:  

9 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I'm more concerned with the other idiots riding with one hand. Myself I find it annoying constantly raising hand - especially of its busy.

No need for it if people stay to the right ...

Just now, Angry ginger said:

when you've ridden the amount of miles i have in the last decade you can comment on riding topics.  :bf:  

You don't ride anymore. Your input means ZERO

SBYL 

Oh, and I hope you are recovering well from the gender reassignment surgery  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, ford_428cj said:

I'm more concerned with the other idiots riding with one hand. Myself I find it annoying constantly raising hand - especially of its busy.

No need for it if people stay to the right ...

Then you better be slowing way down. 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Aaaand here it is!   :bc:

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Look you fucking munch.  Most of the time on my trails there isn’t enough time to do more than let off the flipper and get the sled as far right as possible.  I don’t need some retards trying to figure out what, where how and why they are gonna lose control by trying to steer with one hand.  BTW, next time you go out....do that.  Try to steer with one hand.  Let me know how it works out.  

SO...enough with these fod damn hand signals.  Remember, it’s not your health and welfare I care about....IT’S MINE.

Bullet sponge!!!!!   :lol:

15F013F7-5BF1-47F7-BDB5-B427154B3A1D.gif