Check your account email address ×

Selective Service System website crashes amid questions and fears of another US military draft

Selective Service System website crashes amid questions and fears of another US military draft

Source: cnn

Updated 7:08 PM ET, Fri January 3, 2020 

(CNN)The Selective Service website crashed Friday because of "the spread of misinformation," the agency tweeted. 

The website's crash came hours after the announcement that the head of Iran's Revolutionary Guards' Quds Force, Qasem Soleimani, was killed by a US airstrike ordered by President Donald Trump. The hashtag #WorldWarIII was one of the top trends on Twitter Friday. 

The incident led to threats of retaliation from Iran's government and the escalation of tensions between the US and Iran. It sparked fears on social media of a war between the two countries and the possibility of another military draft in the US. 

"Due to the spread of misinformation, our website is experiencing high traffic volumes at this time," the Selective Service tweeted. "If you are attempting to register or verify registration, please check back later today as we are working to resolve this issue. We appreciate your patience."...................................

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/03/politics/military-draft-selective-service-site-crash-trnd/index.html 

Just now, Mainecat said:

The votes are just piling up for Trump. Add impeachment and you got yourself a LOOZER. Maybe he will shoot someone in Time Square?

He is .8 below his record high in the polls. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Looks like the boys in Momma's basement are concerned they may have to work for once in their lives... :lmao:

Or concerned that they may lose a limb and get their marbles scrambled with PTSD over more lies and pocket lining. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Or concerned that they may lose a limb and get their marbles scrambled with PTSD over more lies and pocket lining. 

I hear Canada is awesome this time of year.

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

Looks like the boys in Momma's basement are concerned they may have to work for once in their lives... :lmao:

I say let ‘r rip!  Trudy will open the sorts, well shed millions of cowardly retards, shut the door then turn off the draft light.

BRILLIANT!   :lmao:

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

But, won’t you be here to help heal them?  :lmao:

What a complete joke our whole mental heath system is.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I say let ‘r rip!  Trudy will open the sorts, well shed millions of cowardly retards, shut the door then turn off the draft light.

BRILLIANT!   :lmao:

But, won’t you be here to help heal them?  :lmao:

What a complete joke our whole mental heath system is.

Can you imagine walking into the office and see him standing there?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

I couldn’t imagine walking i it any of these hacks for any sort of “help”....I really couldn’t.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Peacetime Rambo talking like a badass again. 

Poor Pouty.  Hey, I bet you and the rest of the IPMTDL (Iranian, Palestinian, Muslim Terrorist Defense League) have been tying each other’s panties in knots the last few days.

....I’ll get to it.  :lol:

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Peacetime Rambo talking like a badass again. 

I swear to God on this:

I will fly you, and a friend to Maine, and introduce you to Travis. Travis is a hell of a nice guy.

I will provide a room at the Augusta Hilton, I will pay for all food and incidentals.

All you got to do is tell him what you tell us here. Tell him that man did not deserve to die.

b477efba8ecf1fb00617fd79081e0ed5--god-bl

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

Fucked up service people are a cottage industry. Whether it’s greasing the gears of Dick Cheney’s Wyoming retreat. Experimental gunnea pigs for pharmaco. Main purchasers of medical weed to calm the permanently depleted and damaged limbic system. Or main consumers of mental health. Everyone seems to benefit. I believe the term that business types like to use is widgets. So yeah, draft em up. .  

Just now, Snake said:

I swear to God on this:

I will fly you, and a friend to Maine, and introduce you to Travis. Travis is a hell of a nice guy.

I will provide a room at the Augusta Hilton, I will pay for all food and incidentals.

All you got to do is tell him what you tell us here. Tell him that man did not deserve to die.

Dick Cheney thanks him for his service. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Dick Cheney thanks him for his service. 

His one regret of military service was setting down his ruck sack on one of the dead bastard's IEDs.

That's the only one.

We all know you just hate people like that.

Edited by Snake

Just now, Snake said:

His one regret of military service was setting down his ruck sack on one of the dead bastard's IEDs.

That's the only one.

The wonderful part for guys like Dick Cheney, is there’s still thousands like your buddy in the US. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The wonderful part for guys like Dick Cheney, is there’s still thousands like your buddy in the US. 

Seems like that’s now changin. BUT that me the goal of having a private military.

Big Military...lol

13 minutes ago, Snake said:

I swear to God on this:

Too bad he didn't know he was sent to be maimed for corporate imperialism. No sympathy, tbf.

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Yup. Willing pawns to the agenda of corporate imperialism. 

Just now, Mainecat said:

Seems like that’s now changin. BUT that me the goal of having a private military.

Big Military...lol

There’s still hundreds of thousands of men and women that are willing to get their legs blown off so Dick and guys like him can finish off one of their many homes.  

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

And you are not fit to criticize or disparage them, then take a check under the guise of helping them.

There was no hiding from what DC was, but you are pathetic for your own actions.

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

There’s still hundreds of thousands of men and women that are willing to get their legs blown off so Dick and guys like him can finish off one of their many homes.  

You need to see a shrink about this Dick Cheney obsession of yours.

I'm sure it isn't healthy.