Check your account email address ×

Lakes are fucked again

f7ben

32 minutes ago, f7ben said:

3" of water and 6" of slush

Only 10" of ice and I didnt drive the truck past the shore 

This fucking bullshit has to stop. Every single fucking year for the last decade it's been slush and water on the ice 

Either way was good to take the kid out fishing. She keeps a beer in my hand and I tell her stories about cops and jesus

20191228_133802.jpg

you should prob invite on of the FS neocon/RWW up to give her an alternate point of view

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If you like nice fishing and 550f sled with a rack and long track is perfect

I've actually thought of towing my ice sled with my atv. 

Depending on the snow depth, I could get out there if not too deep, or if I could ride on hard packed sled trails.

I'm just not too fired -up about gettin' another sled. 

I want to try winnepesaukee and some of the big lakes this year. I wanna get a big fish, and eat the bastid!!

Just now, Angry ginger said:

you should prob invite on of the FS neocon/RWW up to give her an alternate point of view

Shes kind of a bootlicking flag worshipping jesus freak. We've got time to work through that though 

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

I've actually thought of towing my ice sled with my atv. 

Depending on the snow depth, I could get out there if not too deep, or if I could ride on hard packed sled trails.

I'm just not too fired -up about gettin' another sled. 

I want to try winnepesaukee and some of the big lakes this year. I wanna get a big fish, and eat the bastid!!

Get tracks for your wheeler

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Shes kind of a bootlicking flag worshipping jesus freak. We've got time to work through that though 

mines a trumper but at least he's not on the jesus train.   He did play the donkey in a nativity scene back when he was 7 or 8 when he went to church a few times with a friends family.   thankfully since then he's had no desire to go back to church.  

Just now, f7ben said:

Get tracks for your wheeler

WAY too expensive. I'd just put that money toward a new sled. 

I'm gonna go look at that left-over AC Z3000. I'll make a low-ball offer of 7000. They can take it or leave it. 

How bad can an AC be for 7000? 

Are they really that bad!!!!

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

mines a trumper but at least he's not on the jesus train.   He did play the donkey in a nativity scene back when he was 7 or 8 when he went to church a few times with a friends family.   thankfully since then he's had no desire to go back to church.  

Yeah, a life like yours full of non belief sounds splendidly happy. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
39 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I LOVE ice-fishin'!!!  

Some people think it's boring, they can kiss my ass!!!!   :bc:

Minnesota is probably the ICE-FISHING capital of AMERICA!!!   

do you drink?

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

You didn't appear to be much of a drinker, but ice fishing is usualy big with drinkers. Or should I say Drinking is usualy big with ice fishermen.

We never drank while ice-fishing. Only a few of my fishing buds went ice-fishing, and we never drank. Boring bastids!!  

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

You didn't appear to be much of a drinker, but ice fishing is usualy big with drinkers. Or should I say Drinking is usualy big with ice fishermen.

I resemble these remarks above lol........

we cant get the wheel house out because there isn't enough ice for my plow truck. I tried plowing with my 4 wheeler and v plow but there's to much heavy wet snow and slush. unless it gets really cold soon this winter will be a write-off for us.

Edited by Big Crappie

12 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

We never drank while ice-fishing. Only a few of my fishing buds went ice-fishing, and we never drank. Boring bastids!!  

What else would you do?  Sounds like a Flintstone water buffalo sanctioned event.

Nope, I'll pass and just open the fridge at home.

yrs back on a semi obscure Minneapolis west metro lake a pimp was driving his girls out to this lake late at night. 

the girls would knock on the door of the 98% drunk ice fisherman .

let's just say it was a pretty lucrative endeavor. 

word got out more houses started showing up and soon the cops put a few out there and ended that party 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

This fucking bullshit has to stop. Every single fucking year for the last decade it's been slush and water on the ice 

Either way was good to take the kid out fishing. She keeps a beer in my hand and I tell her stories about cops and jesus

20191228_133802.jpg

Very cool Ben. Not the slush and overflow part but the part about getting your daughter out for some ice fishing. Good memories for sure. 

You catch anything?

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

20191228_133802.jpg

Back in the day we sat on the open ice on bean crates in our BVD’s.

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Very cool Ben. Not the slush and overflow part but the part about getting your daughter out for some ice fishing. Good memories for sure. 

You catch anything?

Caught one tulibee....never seen one before

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

yrs back on a semi obscure Minneapolis west metro lake a pimp was driving his girls out to this lake late at night. 

the girls would knock on the door of the 98% drunk ice fisherman .

let's just say it was a pretty lucrative endeavor. 

word got out more houses started showing up and soon the cops put a few out there and ended that party 

Waconia:lmao: 

15 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Yeah I love it. Had lowrances for year and got a helix 7 this year. Thing is unreal. Made my own ice fishing box for it. 

MgPmNgK.jpg

Graph shows tiny jigs for even bluegill real time unbelievable good. Flasher is obsolete imo.

Made a box as well. Works good.

20190131_220345.thumb.jpg.b8d9501cc3d43ed4d3840e9eed6d7462.jpg