Check your account email address ×

Musk calls out Bill Gates

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Sounds like a great area for a Terrorist attack if built.

"The graphic isn’t about building a solar farm there, to supply the whole US: that would be preposterous. Instead, the graphic is designed to describe the physical area of panels required. i.e. it’s a data visualisation; not a project proposal."

The math does seem to check out though.  Musk is pretty good at math.

https://blogs.ucl.ac.uk/energy/2015/05/21/fact-checking-elon-musks-blue-square-how-much-solar-to-power-the-us/

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

They should build it. Maybe your girl Warren can get rich people to pay for it!!!!!1

You ever see the wind farms bout an hour south of us? They run from east of I65 to past I57. Hundreds of them, maybe more. My uncle worked for the company that set up a bunch of them, said they are selling the power to California. :dunno: 

1 minute ago, Tickle Shits said:

Lots but it’s environmentally friendly 

Yes and required yearly harvesting, planting, lots of diesel powered equipment and trucks, manpower, transport, etc.... Sunlight and wind are free and forever. 

Just now, Anler said:

Yes and required yearly harvesting, planting, lots of diesel powered equipment and trucks, manpower, transport, etc.... Sunlight and wind are free and forever. 

You can run all that on bio diesel 

15 minutes ago, Anler said:

You ever see the wind farms bout an hour south of us? They run from east of I65 to past I57. Hundreds of them, maybe more. My uncle worked for the company that set up a bunch of them, said they are selling the power to California. :dunno: 

have a nuke plant a mile from my house-  sells it's energy to NYC and somehow the NH residents had to pay the costs for the plant yet our power is quebec hydro.  Whole system is fucked.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

have a nuke plant a mile from my house-  sells it's energy to NYC and somehow the NH residents had to pay the costs for the plant yet our power is quebec hydro.  Whole system is fucked.  

I guess you can tie into the grid from anywhere but where these are is the perfect place for a wind farm. Indiana is the windiest place I have ever lived. Trucks get blown off the highway regularly.