Check your account email address ×

Lolz poor ford failed again

Rod

9 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Makes the same torque, gets better mileage. 

I've seen alot of 5.0 burning oil now and a few that tick so bad they sound like diesels.   Haven't seen many issues on the Gen 2 3.5. 

6 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I'll trust the Ford techs

You trust a dated video.  The 18-19 5.0 is Having some big issues.   While the all new 3.5 is doing well. 

Link

Edited by Kev144

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Here's an updated vid

I like this video.  The guy had to explain the motors and the guy said the 5.0 had more power but the Eco has over 70 ft lbs more :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Tickle Shits said:

Not sure I’ve met one ford guy who’s happy with the mileage they get out of their eco 

I haven't hauled with mine yet only has 700 km on now but I'm getting 12 l/100. My 5.0 seemed to have gotten worse as it aged.   Up to 14 l/100 unloaded before I traded it. Left me stuck once too when the water pump failed.  

Shitty low powered motor but back in 2010 my 4.6l v8 with the 6 speed got the best fuel econ I had.   Highway at 9-10 l/100

Edited by Kev144

5 hours ago, Kev144 said:

You trust a dated video.  The 18-19 5.0 is Having some big issues.   While the all new 3.5 is doing well. 

Link

Those guys are all comparing the Gen1 to the 5.0.  And even then, did you listen to some of those dumb fucking rednecks.  "5.0 has more power, more towing"  Um no, sorry dumb fuck.  The 3.5 has more torque and better towing capacity.  Definitely a dealer I'd avoid. 

4 hours ago, Kev144 said:

I like this video.  The guy had to explain the motors and the guy said the 5.0 had more power but the Eco has over 70 ft lbs more :lol: 

:lmao:Yep, another dealer I'd avoid like the plague :lol:

Not only does the 3.5 make more power, but gets better mileage. 

But yes "old school, v8"  :lol: fucking morons

4 hours ago, Kev144 said:

I haven't hauled with mine yet only has 700 km on now but I'm getting 12 l/100. My 5.0 seemed to have gotten worse as it aged.   Up to 14 l/100 unloaded before I traded it. Left me stuck once too when the water pump failed.  

Shitty low powered motor but back in 2010 my 4.6l v8 with the 6 speed got the best fuel econ I had.   Highway at 9-10 l/100

Brand new engine and winter blend fuel.  You'll see better mileage come spring.

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Those guys are all comparing the Gen1 to the 5.0.  And even then, did you listen to some of those dumb fucking rednecks.  "5.0 has more power, more towing"  Um no, sorry dumb fuck.  The 3.5 has more torque and better towing capacity.  Definitely a dealer I'd avoid. 

:lmao:Yep, another dealer I'd avoid like the plague :lol:

Not only does the 3.5 make more power, but gets better mileage. 

But yes "old school, v8"  :lol: fucking morons

Brand new engine and winter blend fuel.  You'll see better mileage come spring.

Fuel econ or not, the Eco makes most of its power at lower rpm than the 5.0.  Not sure I'd want any of those guys working on my engines.   

40 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

been trying to find a relatively clean 07+ at the auction-  missed out on a perfect one a few weeks back.  i'm gonna love 40+ mpg

The transformation would be completed  :lol:

25 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Fuel econ or not, the Eco makes most of its power at lower rpm than the 5.0.  Not sure I'd want any of those guys working on my engines.   

Eco makes the most power and best towing capacity since they both were new in '11

Yea, I wouldn't want those clowns changing my oil or rotating my tires. 

4 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

The transformation would be completed  :lol:

Eco makes the most power and best towing capacity since they both were new in '11

Yea, I wouldn't want those clowns changing my oil or rotating my tires. 

Chevie 6.2 has higher towing capacity