Check your account email address ×

former Sec. of Ag Ballsack

Are you fucking kidding me?!  I seriously may never vote again.  These cocksucking swamp dwellers anyhow....How much more crooked does this country have to get on the backs of hardworking people?

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/special-reports/dairy-crisis/2019/12/02/former-secretary-agriculture-tom-vilsack-top-paid-dairy-management-exec/4265818002/

5 minutes ago, hayward said:

Are you fucking kidding me?!  I seriously may never vote again.  These cocksucking swamp dwellers anyhow....How much more crooked does this country have to get on the backs of hardworking people?

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/special-reports/dairy-crisis/2019/12/02/former-secretary-agriculture-tom-vilsack-top-paid-dairy-management-exec/4265818002/

Hey at least we’re hearing about it.  Maybe enough people get pissed off enough they can start pushing back at some of this bullshit.

But I thought this was all trumps fault?

In 2017, a year in which 503 dairy farms closed in Wisconsin and 1,600 were shuttered nationwide, IRS records showed the top 10 executives at the organization were paid more than $8 million — an average of more than $800,000 each, the Journal Sentinel found.

Last year, new records show, Vilsack's salary and bonus/incentive compensation alone was $930,090, more than quadruple the $200,000 salary he received as a member of the Obama cabinet.

Dairy farmers, many of whom are struggling amid a downturn in milk prices, are required by Congress to pay into a checkoff program overseen by the Department of Agriculture. All told, there are about two dozen such programs, covering everything from avocado and Christmas tree farmers to cattle ranchers and pork producers.

looks like extortion to me 

Dairy farmers must pay 15 cents per hundred pounds of milk sold into the checkoff program. Ten cents goes to state and regional marketing programs, such as the Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin. A nickel goes to national programs, such as Dairy Management.

7 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Just out of curiosity.  Has the yields per acre gone up in that time frame with all the GMO crops planted these days and technological advancements?

not enough to outweigh the costs.