Check your account email address ×

Standby generators

4 inches of slop in my driveway thats so wet and sticky it wasn't going through the blower.  I'll just drive over it and blow the snow we get later thats suppossed to be dryer.  i'm sure we will get a warm up to melt it off soon and i'll grab 2 big pails of melt.  

When I run over the snow sometimes, it compresses it, and it's like driving over a speed-bump. Sonofabitch, then it's hard to scrape up, and impossible to snow-blow. 

12 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

When I run over the snow sometimes, it compresses it, and it's like driving over a speed-bump. Sonofabitch, then it's hard to scrape up, and impossible to snow-blow. 

When it gets like that I use the John Deere's loader or the back blade with hydraulic down pressure, usually works pretty good.

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

When it gets like that I use the John Deere's loader or the back blade with hydraulic down pressure, usually works pretty good.

It must be nice to have the tractors and extra trucks. If I get stuck, I'll have to call a wrecker. 

5 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Post pics of your equipments. Trucks, plows, tractors. 

2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

It must be nice to have the tractors and extra trucks. If I get stuck, I'll have to call a wrecker. 

I had 4 Tractors some years back, now only the 1050 Diesel.

Edited by XCR1250

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

I noticed some ice last night also. Couple of times I coulda' got stuck also. Just looked out now. Holy shit, must have snowed another 8 inches!! Here goes another two freakin' hours!!  Doesn't even look like I plowed last night.  

Not sure why a guy your age just doesn’t cash in and move to a warmer climate, where you can throw some cash at those native girls to keep the Johnson serviced regularly. :lol:  :bc: 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Not sure why a guy your age just doesn’t cash in and move to a warmer climate, where you can throw some cash at those native girls to keep the Johnson serviced regularly. :lol:  :bc: 

LMAO!!!! I tell ya', this snow-plowing is wearin' thin at 72!!!! Mowing 12 acres of grass is wearin' thin too!!!

The wheels are turnin', in my head!!!!:bc:

55 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

no doubt-  not the preferred way I like it cleaned down to the pavement but without pitch on the driveway to help drain the water to one area it's the whole thing.  Hopefully my buddy hits it with a blade later when he comes to do his moms house down the road.  NO idea when the water even came,  it was light snow when i went to bed and we had maybe an inch but i let the dog back in and saw the tracks he made and knew it would suck.  i shoveled the entryway and in front of the doors and said fuck it.  

8 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

LMAO!!!! I tell ya', this snow-plowing is wearin' thin at 72!!!! Mowing 12 acres of grass is wearin' thin too!!!

The wheels are turnin', in my head!!!!:bc:

anyone older with money who chooses to stay in the NE all winter is nuts.  I get it if you like to ski or snowmobile but even then i'd be spending a good stretch in the warmth.  

48 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Post pics of your equipments. Trucks, plows, tractors. 

Since I got this new computer I can't seem to locate all my pics, been trying since you asked, There are 1000's of links for me to look thru, none are the actual pics but just dates and times, I have to click on 1 at a time. I'm not real computer savvy.

I did post pics of the equipment before but not all at the same time.

5 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

1 of the trucks, still looking for the others.

DSC00025 (1).JPG

4 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Found 1 of my boats with 1 of my daughters and friend, does that count?

433.jpg

Wow, you got some nice equipments!!!!!  Lookit' that blower motor!!!!!! 

2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I can tell just from the pic that it's show quality.   :bc:

The boat is 51 years old, engine only has 4 hours on it and was bought new, I marinized it.

Edited by XCR1250