Check your account email address ×

Polaris 2020 850 pulls 177 hp.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Cat 800 riders be like...."yeah but my sled rides stiffer!"

:lmao:

Stock 2020 with Bikeman flash....cold pipe.

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Buttcocks :owned: 

Every year I hear this shit, and every year its the same old shit.  New one is maybe a sled length ahead the old one, and the hp #s later in the season aren’t nearly what they were early in the season.  I want to run my turbo against a few of these hero sleds.  I’ve geared mine down and put a deeper lug on it so its no lake racer, but shorter distances it should be close. 

Edited by DriftBusta

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Every year I hear this shit, and every year its the same old shit.  New one is maybe a sled length ahead the old one, and the hp #s later in the season aren’t nearly what they were early in the season.  I want to run my turbo against a few of these hero sleds.  I’ve geared mine down and put a deeper lug on it so its no lake racer, but shorter distances it should be close. 

It might be close against a cat 800....certainly not any 850

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

:lmao:I've raced some good running 800's with my wife in front of me on my Turbo in the 270 mode.   At the 100' mark I went by them so fast with my skis a foot in the air it wasn't funny.    All with my wife saying no, no, no.....

800-850's are fun but they simply are not in the same league as boosted turbos.

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 1

Just now, Highmark said:

:lmao:I've raced some good running 800's with my wife infront of me on my Turbo in the 270 mode.   At the 100' mark I went by them so fast with my skis a footbin the air it wasn't funny.    All with my wife saying no, no, no.....

800-850's are fun but they simply are not in the same league as boosted turbos.

Except woolie turbo is the stock doo 900 which isnt even 800 class power. That package is anemic

Just now, f7ben said:

Except woolie turbo is the stock doo 900 which isnt even 800 class power. That package is anemic

Oh....

I'm not bragging about my sled but you simply can't compare a sled with 100+ more hp.  Can't wait to try the new 300 tune and extra goodies.

19 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Oh....

I'm not bragging about my sled but you simply can't compare a sled with 100+ more hp.  Can't wait to try the new 300 tune and extra goodies.

The 900 ace with FBO and the most aggressive 93 tune cant even match a stock winder. That is fucking pathetic

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Cat 800 riders be like...."yeah but my sled rides stiffer!"

:lmao:

Stock 2020 with Bikeman flash....cold pipe.

It had one glory run then faded badly for the rest of the runs, then it was in the 171-172 range. So 5-7 hp more Than the cat 800 and 2-3 more TQ 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Oh....

85740810-38D5-47D3-89C9-9D8847A547DA.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Ask @04nightfire of the results we experienced. 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

If I cared about having the fastest sled I would have bought one.  :lol:   I bought what I feel is a great package for where I ride, and more versatile than either a bigger turbo or 2 stroke anything.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 168hp CAT 800 said:

It had one glory run then faded badly for the rest of the runs, then it was in the 171-172 range. So 5-7 hp more Than the cat 800 and 2-3 more TQ 

That’s pretty sad for Polaris. No wonder Cat’s are faster. 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

If I cared about having the fastest sled I would have bought one.  :lol:   I bought what I feel is a great package for where I ride, and more versatile than either a bigger turbo or 2 stroke anything.

Absolutely...I'm sure it's a fine sled. I like the chassis too. I just see no reason to own one because it will never be fast when compared to any other turbo sled

2 minutes ago, bussman said:

That’s pretty sad for Polaris. No wonder Cat’s are faster. 

I guess he means with the bikeman flash so yeah he pretty much agrees the 850 Polaris will have to be modified to beat the stock cat 

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Absolutely...I'm sure it's a fine sled. I like the chassis too. I just see no reason to own one because it will never be fast when compared to any other turbo sled

If I just rode Quebec I’d probably get an SRX and throw a pepe windshield on it.  :lol: 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Like my X-TX LE 137.... top end is a bit short but with the 1 3/4 ain't it fuckin' gittin' you there fast...

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

If I just rode Quebec I’d probably get an SRX and throw a pepe windshield on it.  :lol: 

Doing 80 all day keeping up with Scottie in -5 weather gets cold. I have to get at least a mid height this year.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Like my X-TX LE 137.... top end is a bit short but with the 1 3/4 ain't it fuckin' gittin' you there fast...

Exactly.  Deep snow performance is way better too.  I’ll live without the giant top end numbers we just don’t do much of that these days

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

Doing 80 all day keeping up with Scottie in -5 weather gets cold. I have to get at least a mid height this year.

Fuck that. I put a 20" windshield on mine before I even put the first mile on it. I have no use for those cool guy windshields. Besides high windshield increases top speed.   :news:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Exactly.  Deep snow performance is way better too.  I’ll live without the giant top end numbers we just don’t do much of that these days

You guys probably do more deep snow riding than most in the Midwest based on the pics I've seen.

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

You guys probably do more deep snow riding than most in the Midwest based on the pics I've seen.

And they have actual mountains. UP mountains are more like hills. :lol: