Check your account email address ×

****official**** Classic car and truck owner thread

BOHICA

2 hours ago, Pete said:

MoMo has 45 cars? like what kind of cars? I want to see some. Maybe he has some that are worth a lot of money?

Thats pretty cool he owns so much..

2 hours ago, Anler said:

Momo also has a history of lying. 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Really? no way... I guess one way of proving ones claims would be to show proof.

Lets see some pics MOMO

2 hours ago, Anler said:

With a left shoe... :news:

Post up or STFU @Momorider

:news:

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

My dads 67 RS / SS hes had since he was in the service. Been sitting in the barn like this for years unfinished. Not sure Pro Street cars are even a big thing any more  :dunno: 

20180912_155520.thumb.jpg.9f4d94095c5633ea854f99dab42aaaa9.jpg20180912_155510.thumb.jpg.c5587ae42c696562cc5da3a9cb47c2a8.jpg20180912_155536.thumb.jpg.937506dbc29acdff408a3242c2e66297.jpg

Get that thing finished 

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I give you alotta credit, holding onto things.  I’ve never gotten attached like that, and kick myself for selling some of my past toys.  Couple bikes and sleds I never should have sold.  Probably should have kept that Toyota Tundra I had too.  

Junk 

• Platinum Contributing Member

We used to have a Nomad Wagon sitting behind the house when I was real young that my dad wanted to get into. He was forced to sell it to keep mom happy. Were those lighter then the first Gen Camaros out of the showroom?  :dunno: 

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

We used to have a Nomad Wagon sitting behind the house when I was real young that my dad wanted to get into. He was forced to sell it to keep mom happy. Were those lighter then the first Gen Camaros out of the showroom?  :dunno: 

No they were not lighter.

I always thought the nomads where ugly. Like mopars, they belonged to a different type of person.

My dads 67 RS / SS hes had since he was in the service. Been sitting in the barn like this for years unfinished. Not sure Pro Street cars are even a big thing any more  :dunno: 

20180912_155520.thumb.jpg.9f4d94095c5633ea854f99dab42aaaa9.jpg20180912_155510.thumb.jpg.c5587ae42c696562cc5da3a9cb47c2a8.jpg20180912_155536.thumb.jpg.937506dbc29acdff408a3242c2e66297.jpg

I wish I could or I had the extra money to send it off to a good builder to be finished. He's got his 2002 35th Anniversary Edition Camaro he brings out a few times in the summer. Him and I went to Woodward cruise this year during the week and as he dropped me back off at work so I could get my truck he laid out a couple strips on the freshly sealed parking lot

What's your dad say about it? Is he interested in finishing it or has he lost interest? Imo, Pro-Street cars are wicked cool, and from what I've seen, they are still fairly popular up here, anyways. Regardless, owning/building something unique that one likes and enjoys is the main goal. It's not about following the crowd. I am hoping to get to work on this at some point over the next 6 months/year.

Picture 002 (Large).jpg

Picture 004 (Large).jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Momorider said:

0.00% chance you are not a midget bottom feeding shitforbrains midget parasite lying POS :fuckoff:

Pics, with a sign that reads 

Frenchy is a midget bottom feeding shitforbrains midget parasite lying POS

or GTFO of here with your BS.

:snack:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, irv said:

What's your dad say about it? Is he interested in finishing it or has he lost interest? Imo, Pro-Street cars are wicked cool, and from what I've seen, they are still fairly popular up here, anyways. Regardless, owning/building something unique that one likes and enjoys is the main goal. It's not about following the crowd. I am hoping to get to work on this at some point over the next 6 months/year.

Picture 002 (Large).jpg

Picture 004 (Large).jpg

He wants more than anything to finish it but after his stroke he can't do the things he used to be able to. Left handed and the stroke took a lot out of his left arm. He'll never sell it though. I've already been warned that once he's gone, everything in the barn is to be divided up between his brother and me and my sister. 

6 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

He wants more than anything to finish it but after his stroke he can't do the things he used to be able to. Left handed and the stroke took a lot out of his left arm. He'll never sell it though. I've already been warned that once he's gone, everything in the barn is to be divided up between his brother and me and my sister. 

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it goes to you or to someone who will finish it and get it on the road. I know the work that was involved in getting it that far so it would be a shame if it was just parted out or left to rust/rot away. 

Judging by the looks of it, I'd say he likely has $30,000-$40,000 into it already?

2 minutes ago, irv said:

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it goes to you or to someone who will finish it and get it on the road. I know the work that was involved in getting it that far so it would be a shame if it was just parted out or left to rust/rot away. 

Judging by the looks of it, I'd say he likely has $30,000-$40,000 into it already?

Yeah me too...I really wanted to see him finish it. Not sure how much he has into it this time around but this is at least his 3rd time redoing the car over the years. He's raced it on the streets of PA, NJ and Detroit back in the day in a couple different variations. I remember that motor being delivered to the old house as a kid in the crate. I bet he has a few buck ins that alone

One time he did mention he had someone in mind to finish the car but then my dad retired and mom keeps a tight grip on the check book ever since :lol: I keep telling them both to spend their money and have fun, don't worry about leaving any for us kids. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I give you alotta credit, holding onto things.  I’ve never gotten attached like that, and kick myself for selling some of my past toys.  Couple bikes and sleds I never should have sold.  Probably should have kept that Toyota Tundra I had too.  

yep, same here

99 xcr 800

79 f250 xlt 4x4

kawi kh 2 stroke street bike

9 hours ago, Pete said:

No they were not lighter.

I always thought the nomads where ugly. Like mopars, they belonged to a different type of person.

There were a few mopars I would have bought. 72 cuda and 69 roadrunner come to mind.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Just got the 572 for the pickup.  Going to sit in the garage till next winter before it goes in.  Thing was a beast on the dyno

9C67AB90-95AE-4042-BC37-E667FBCBB73C.thumb.jpeg.1338a6ba799cd9d00cc508c6cafaaeec.jpeg

596B4110-A5EB-4C51-A40A-CC8B73F6A893.jpeg

Nice!! I'd love to have one to drop into my Monte. If you don't mind, what did it cost you? Just want to get a number so I can double it for my cost up here.:sad:

Just got the 572 for the pickup.  Going to sit in the garage till next winter before it goes in.  Thing was a beast on the dyno

9C67AB90-95AE-4042-BC37-E667FBCBB73C.thumb.jpeg.1338a6ba799cd9d00cc508c6cafaaeec.jpeg

596B4110-A5EB-4C51-A40A-CC8B73F6A893.jpeg

Nice mill. :good:

I'm going to start looking for a new motor for my pick up. One head gasket is blown and its still the original "78 302. My buddy says, "Na, let's just pull the heads and put in new gaskets, well, you should get the heads machined, well maybe get them rebuilt. Fuck, might as well buy a motor...lol"

Hoping I can find a rebuilt 302 or 351 from someone's abandoned project that I can drop in and if it came with an overdrive trans that would be even better.

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Nice mill. :good:

I'm going to start looking for a new motor for my pick up. One head gasket is blown and its still the original "78 302. My buddy says, "Na, let's just pull the heads and put in new gaskets, well, you should get the heads machined, well maybe get them rebuilt. Fuck, might as well buy a motor...lol"

Hoping I can find a rebuilt 302 or 351 from someone's abandoned project that I can drop in and if it came with an overdrive trans that would be even better.

You should drop a Coyote 5.0 crate motor and 6r80 in it :bc:

Approx $20 G's CDN but I'm sure I could find one cheaper through some connections? 

https://www.chevroletperformancestore.ca/big-block

• Gold Member
51 minutes ago, irv said:

Nice!! I'd love to have one to drop into my Monte. If you don't mind, what did it cost you? Just want to get a number so I can double it for my cost up here.:sad:

FIL hookup...  he sold it to me for $6k Holley 850 and alternator in box

• Gold Member
31 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

You should sell it to Irv the perv and get a Coyote or Big block Ford for it :bc:

That was the original thought but I don’t think I could make this amount of power for what this cost.  I wouldn’t buy one of these new as they are like 15k