Check your account email address ×

****official**** Classic car and truck owner thread

BOHICA

• Gold Member

Whatcha got, what have you done, and what are you plans for your current or future classic car or truck plans?

picking this up tomorrow.  1950 f2.  Going to be a slow and long process.  It will be my almost daily driver....  Home Depot trips type stuff, Costco run and a beer runner type daily driving

First task is body work

then brakes and suspension

Currently a 454 with a turbo 400.  Plan to replacing the gm power plant with a FE ford or a modern coyote or voodoo powertrain.  Long way down the road though

0E39FCDD-5477-4569-993F-BBBAE594B790.jpeg

C68229B4-9BC3-4D31-AF11-EA5AA03A4CD6.jpeg

2DD6FC1B-DA07-48ED-BE41-AE970DECE7A5.jpeg

3BE10632-1E6C-49FB-A647-4A6F3AC0E01C.jpeg

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Amazing that america at one point made cars with such style as that caddy,  then it got progressively worse.  60's were cool but not that cool then it the 70's things went to shit.  

The 50's and 60's were the pinnacle of American cars. Even the 70's has some classics but it went to shit in the 70's also. i guess they are getting better now but you are going to pay for that style. 

9 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Amazing that america at one point made cars with such style as that caddy,  then it got progressively worse.  60's were cool but not that cool then it the 70's things went to shit.  

Late 70s.   Early to mid 70s had some awesome cars. 

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

The 50's and 60's were the pinnacle of American cars. Even the 70's has some classics but it went to shit in the 70's also. i guess they are getting better now but you are going to pay for that style. 

The new hotrods today are stupid expensive. The goal way back when was to make it exciting but affordable. Not the case today.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

The new hotrods today are stupid expensive. The goal way back when was to make it exciting but affordable. Not the case today.

Yes but they are also super awesome. The power train and chassis tech today is crazy good compared to the old stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yes but they are also super awesome. The power train and chassis tech today is crazy good compared to the old stuff. 

its unaffordable for most..

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

no need for a hotrod today,  fucking camry outperforms most any 60's 70's muscle car.  :news:  

• Haha 1

Just now, Pete said:

ok lol

those are so cool

c6 corvette looks better than most of those old cars and dominates them performance wise for less money.  

I don't get car nostalgic really mostly because cars of my youth were such shit.  It's why a 80's bronco or blazer or pickup would be more desirable to me than the American cars.  

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

c6 corvette looks better than most of those old cars and dominates them performance wise for less money.  

I don't get car nostalgic really mostly because cars of my youth were such shit.  It's why a 80's bronco or blazer or pickup would be more desirable to me than the American cars.  

Ive always had hot rod Chevrolets and so did my uncles.. I grew up  with this stuff.

Only vettes that excite me are the L-88's.. Nothing compares

• Gold Member

I just had an idea...

My farther in law has a 572 that he bought for his jet boat....  to much engine for pumps and the small boat.  Around maybe 5 hours of run time in fresh water...

dont know so asking would a engine built for marine use be able to be put in a vehicle with a little work?

truck has a 454 so I imagine it wouldnt be that much different in engine size maybe?

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

I just had an idea...

My farther in law has a 572 that he bought for his jet boat....  to much engine for pumps and the small boat.  Around maybe 5 hours of run time in fresh water...

dont know so asking would a engine built for marine use be able to be put in a vehicle with a little work?

truck has a 454 so I imagine it wouldnt be that much different in engine size maybe?

I believe it would require different heads? 

8 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

no need for a hotrod today,  fucking camry outperforms most any 60's 70's muscle car.  :news:  

And the first jap bike ever made could outperform any Harley Davidson ever made you fucking ignorant fuck it's not about performance :guzzle:

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Momorider said:

And the first jap bike ever made could outperform any Harley Davidson ever made you fucking ignorant fuck it's not about performance :guzzle:

Why aren’t you posting your cosworth merkur in here you fat fraud? 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

Why aren’t you posting your cosworth merkur in here you fat fraud? 

I have a huge building full of classic cars I could post you midget bottom feeding pond sucking parasite  :finger2: