Check your account email address ×

Taking it to 350k

spin_dry

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

We have a bunch of Ford rangers like 4-5 all with 250+k on them..The bodies are all rotting apart, but still run strong. We had a Dodge Caravan with 327k..

Had being the important lesson.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Had being the important lesson.

The bodies fall apart, We are known as the "Salt City".. Nothing metal lasts in Syracuse

19 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Most of those are junk. Hopefully you got a good set. I only use KYB or Bilstien for struts and shocks. Neither make a loaded set for an AWD sienna. 

They work just fine and when a vehicle gets north of 200k miles, quality parts are not a big priority.

25 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

They work just fine and when a vehicle gets north of 200k miles, quality parts are not a big priority.

Last set of Monroe loaded struts I installed lasted 5k mikes and were dead. I warned the guy. Chinese made garbage. The KYB’s are stamped American made and last like OEM. About $25 more a side. Shitty rear shocks are even worse. 

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

06 oil burner

I have 330k kms (205k miles) on my '07 F250 Supercab 6.0. I hoping its got a few more years in it yet.

CEL is on right now. Needs the 2nd alternator replaced.

51 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I have 330k kms (205k miles) on my '07 F250 Supercab 6.0. I hoping its got a few more years in it yet.

CEL is on right now. Needs the 2nd alternator replaced.

This one has all original electrical parts except ficm. Still has the stock exhaust.

7 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

This one has all original electrical parts except ficm. Still has the stock exhaust.

I've changed the FICM and 4 injectors. EGR deleted so I have a tuner. Stock exhaust still too.

never ever put a tuner on a 6.0. i had 2 6.0 only have 1 now they each had 2 egr coolers replaced by 65k. the cooler leaks coolant the engine burns it that lifts the heads. blue fuel spring regulates fuel pressure should be 65psi or close. to low and it can damage injectors. i have 3 6.7 those i like

8 minutes ago, snowstorm said:

never ever put a tuner on a 6.0. i had 2 6.0 only have 1 now they each had 2 egr coolers replaced by 65k. the cooler leaks coolant the engine burns it that lifts the heads. blue fuel spring regulates fuel pressure should be 65psi or close. to low and it can damage injectors. i have 3 6.7 those i like

I have 1 6.7 , nice motor but DEF system sucks.

few other things keep the coolant close to the low mark and buy a new cap. there will issues with some of the psi caps. only buy fuel and oil filters from ford . i pay less for them there than napa and they are far better. the cap must match the filter . naps used to include the cap so the ford cap gets tossed now you have to buy napa filters cause they will not fit the ford cap