Check your account email address ×

Taking it to 350k

spin_dry

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The clapped out minivan lives on. Sunday’s afternoon project has the pos driving like new. New brakes too!! 

B8AF0468-013D-4F26-86ED-14F395B260CB.jpeg

Lets make it a competition. You stay in that and Ill stay in f 350 long as they last.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Nice....get an alignment

There’s a 10 day wait. Scheduled it for the 10th. It tracks straight and no funky bump steer. So it’s still close. Everything else was tight except for a rear differential rubber dampener that also got replaced. New cars are really amazing for how long they last. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There’s a 10 day wait. Scheduled it for the 10th. It tracks straight and no funky bump steer. So it’s still close. Everything else was tight except for a rear differential rubber dampener that also got replaced. New cars are really amazing for how long they last. 

JUst had a tie rod , alignment and new boots up front done this week.

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Kill yourself with a strut.🥩

They’re easy. Autozone has free rental spring compressors. Just make sure everything is indexed properly on reassembly. About 20 minutes a side with an air ratchet. The strut tower bearings were a little dry, but intact. Popped off the seal and regressed em. 

12 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

You got the jump on me. How’s it run? I did a used oil analysis and aluminum and iron were slightly elevated. I figured that might be because of synthetic oil is cleaning out some nooks and crannies. 

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

They’re easy. Autozone has free rental spring compressors. Just make sure everything is indexed properly on reassembly. About 20 minutes a side with an air ratchet. The strut tower bearings were a little dry, but intact. Popped off the seal and regressed em. 

I meant Ben lol

Just now, spin_dry said:

You got the jump on me. How’s it run? I did a used oil analysis and aluminum and iron were slightly elevated. I figured that might be because of synthetic oil is cleaning out some nooks and crannies. 

runs like a top. f-350 supercab 8 ft bed , loaded with wire , copper , brass fitting and gets 17.4 to the gallon.And still a real comfortable ride.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

runs like a top. f-350 supercab 8 ft bed , loaded with wire , copper , brass fitting and gets 17.4 to the gallon.And still a real comfortable ride.

Nice. Take care of em and they’ll last a long time. That’s really good mileage. 

Just New Hampshire inspected last Thursday and passed....told me this is the last year....told me that last year....lol

New front tires today and battery last week.

i factory ordered the truck in Oct. 97 . It’s my rolling man space and stinks of cigars. 

Just now, Mainecat said:

Just New Hampshire inspected last Thursday and passed....told me this is the last year....told me that last year....lol

New front tires today and battery last week.

i factory ordered the truck in Oct. 97 . It’s my rolling man space and stinks of cigars. 

Well seasoned. 

58 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Should have just bought the loaded struts. I did my sons Camry 3 years ago and put loaded struts on, really easy.

We have a bunch of Ford rangers like 4-5 all with 250+k on them..The bodies are all rotting apart, but still run strong. We had a Dodge Caravan with 327k..

Just now, snoughnut said:

Should have just bought the loaded struts. I did my sons Camry 3 years ago and put loaded struts on, really easy.

Most of those are junk. Hopefully you got a good set. I only use KYB or Bilstien for struts and shocks. Neither make a loaded set for an AWD sienna.