Check your account email address ×

D&D final #s

• Platinum Contributing Member

Did D&D put the Poo 850 back on the dyno right after this and get 165 or so? I could've sworn I read that on their FB page posted by them. Can't find the comment now

Edited by Skidooski
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Did D&D put the Poo 850 back on the dyno right after this and get 165 or so? I couldn't sworn I read that on their FB page posted by them. Can't find the comment now

That would be about right. 14hp more than the cat 800

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

That would be about right. 14hp more than the cat 800

Man, low 150's on a new 800 mill has got to be a little disappointing. Needs a Pipe, Y Pipe and can to get close to 850 level

• Thanks 1

There is a good reason the smart sled manufacturers avoid stating HP and torque numbers in their sales and promo literature.

Honestly, IF I had ordered a new sled based on the promise I was getting X HP, and only received Y, especially that high a difference, I certainly would be pissed as well. As the fine print states thou, they do have the right to make whatever changes they want from spring sales time to what is actually delivered, so really not much one can do, except don,t get sucked into the spring promo deal again. Some sled buyers learn quicker than others, some just keep repeating their mistakes over, and over, and over. 

14 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

There is a good reason the smart sled manufacturers avoid stating HP and torque numbers in their sales and promo literature.

Honestly, IF I had ordered a new sled based on the promise I was getting X HP, and only received Y, especially that high a difference, I certainly would be pissed as well. As the fine print states thou, they do have the right to make whatever changes they want from spring sales time to what is actually delivered, so really not much one can do, except don,t get sucked into the spring promo deal again. Some sled buyers learn quicker than others, some just keep repeating their mistakes over, and over, and over. 

Doo kept their “163 hp” in their material for years.  Even after they had to tone it down to keep it together.  I bet there wasn’t many 800 etecs pushing more than mid 150 on a perfect day on a perfectly broken in engine.

But, yuh, if you bought on “X” promise and that wasn’t delivered, well.......I’d be upset. They didn’t need to even do that.  Those snowchecks were a helluva bargain the way they were.  Toughest, race winningest chassis on snow with a proven power plant that isn’t going to drop miscellaneous metal parts into the crank.  Win!!!

32 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

sort of like a promise of a 850 motor being the most durable most tested power plant they ever built. 

having every rag out there bowing at your alter regurgitating your press relece like the gospel.  

only to fail on the snow  in dramatic fashion again .

snow check any all new model is a fools game 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Doo kept their “163 hp” in their material for years.  Even after they had to tone it down to keep it together.  I bet there wasn’t many 800 etecs pushing more than mid 150 on a perfect day on a perfectly broken in engine.

But, yuh, if you bought on “X” promise and that wasn’t delivered, well.......I’d be upset. They didn’t need to even do that.  Those snowchecks were a helluva bargain the way they were.  Toughest, race winningest chassis on snow with a proven power plant that isn’t going to drop miscellaneous metal parts into the crank.  Win!!!

I dont think any skidoo 800 etec owners were trying to deny that it didnt make 163hp. It was just a great engine that runs smooth and gets good economy. 

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Proven powerplant?

Are you fucking serious?

:lol:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Proven powerplant?

Are you fucking serious?

:lol:

:lmao:

17 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

He's probably contemplating some life choices right now.

Probably making an appointment to talk with a mental health professional.

Probably at the dealer trying to get a refund so he can go buy an 850 Doo :lol: :lmao:

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

:lmao:

Probably at the dealer trying to get a refund so he can go buy an 850 Doo :lol: :lmao:

Or in the garage trying to stuff his 20 year old Mach Z motor in that brand new chassis to actually have 850 class HP   :lol: 

• Haha 4