Check your account email address ×

House build

04nightfire

Just now, 04nightfire said:

oh, one will be it.  The wife has had a pretty rough three months so far.  You never know though.

It is funny how you forget about the 9 months after a little one is running around the house.....you tend to remember more how they are after they are out!

My wife always says that if we had our son first, we likely would not have had two....lol

3 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

oh, one will be it.  The wife has had a pretty rough three months so far.  You never know though.

c'mon... do your part to keep the birth rate up.... WASP in Canada is about a 1.7 birth rate while other cultures are as high a 7.9

12 minutes ago, Stoney said:

It is funny how you forget about the 9 months after a little one is running around the house.....you tend to remember more how they are after they are out!

My wife always says that if we had our son first, we likely would not have had two....lol

LOL. 

A shop with an in-law suite above might be an idea.  Although even a nice 60 x 40 is over $100k now. 

But yeah, if you want more garage, add it now.  I don't know anyone who regrets spending another $20- $30k for a 3 or 4 car garage.  But I know a lot of people who regret not having done it.  :) (If you've got the space).  Far cheaper to add them at this stage. 

A high ceiling is good too, as I would definitely install a hoist if I was building new like you.  Even to store the summer car in the off season, and park beneath it. 

8 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

A shop with an in-law suite above might be an idea.  Although even a nice 60 x 40 is over $100k now. 

But yeah, if you want more garage, add it now.  I don't know anyone who regrets spending another $20- $30k for a 3 or 4 car garage.  But I know a lot of people who regret not having done it.  :) (If you've got the space).  Far cheaper to add them at this stage. 

A high ceiling is good too, as I would definitely install a hoist if I was building new like you.  Even to store the summer car in the off season, and park beneath it. 

Whooh there buddy, that's reserved for the man cave.  Inlaws can have the bunkie.