Check your account email address ×

Cat announces new sleds are coming

jtssrx

44 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

The F7 was no where near as bad as the Procross 

The standards were much lower in 2003 than in 2009. The 6-7 years had a lot of advancement in sleds. There really wasn't much in the early 2000's until the Rev came along.

4 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

The standards were much lower in 2003 than in 2009. The 6-7 years had a lot of advancement in sleds. There really wasn't much in the early 2000's until the Rev came along.

The Rev put everybody behind. It took them years to get close to those skidoos. Meanwhile skidoo was killing the market share. 

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

2007 Barneys had quite a few issues. Especially the 1000s

Again with the shitty calibration from cat. Way off from the factory. A few tweaks and that 1000 is a fast sled.

3 hours ago, Anler said:

Well that's good news but they don't have a good history with first year releases... :news:

really ? 12 was shit before that there was the f the 03 was week for jumping driveways but still one of the most desired years for racers still today .the same basic sled in the M was solid and changed the way deep snow sleds were ridden for ever the barny was also solid . I can't think of a first yr cat beond the 12 that was bad beond a cheep fix .

that said I will never pay to test a first yr sled again ever . hence the reason I did not buy a alpha 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

2007 Barneys had quite a few issues. Especially the 1000s

the 6 and 8 did not have issues I had both . and the 1000 was the 4 weight clutch causing issues for some reason . the guys who swapped out to the old 3 weight got the normal 2509 to 3500 mi you expect out of a 1000  2st

Just now, Ez ryder said:

the 6 and 8 did not have issues I had both . and the 1000 was the 4 weight clutch causing issues for some reason . the guys who swapped out to the old 3 weight got the normal 2509 to 3500 mi you expect out of a 1000  2st

They had week motor mounts a shit clutch calibration. He ce the plowman mounts and machining clutches to get proper offset. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

They had week motor mounts a shit clutch calibration. He ce the plowman mounts and machining clutches to get proper offset. 

any 1000 or hoped up 8 needs hard mounts and bracing . that 1000 in stock forum had not much more power than the 8 . it was a turd stock and vibrated like crazy . but i loved it in my m with pipes and porting . but sold it at 1500 because I knew it was only a matter of time 

9 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

any 1000 or hoped up 8 needs hard mounts and bracing . that 1000 in stock forum had not much more power than the 8 . it was a turd stock and vibrated like crazy . but i loved it in my m with pipes and porting . but sold it at 1500 because I knew it was only a matter of time 

The 1000 lasted every bit as long as the 800. Good god your and idiot

Just now, f7ben said:

The 1000 lasted every bit as long as the 800. Good god your and idiot

lol yeah it did . 3k at best if you used it like a man .

there is a reason there resale was total shit . that was it had the same long term reliability as a 800doo of the same era . 

fuck just as reliable lmfao over and over