Check your account email address ×

2019 Hay Days

Just now, Rapid Anus said:

I’d like to buy one for drag racing. That sucker is probably near 140 hp

Probably more than 140.  And with a little suspension tuning, some clutching and gearing, a little different tank and seat this thing would be an unreal XC sled.  

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Probably more than 140.  And with a little suspension tuning, some clutching and gearing, a little different tank and seat this thing would be an unreal XC sled.  

Yeah doo really stepped it up lately. Hopefully they can get their poor handling front end on the consumer sleds figures out 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, spin_dry said:

I’m surprised snowmobile racing is still an item. It’s got to be dying fast. 

The only national I go to is Canterbury.  There are more people there every year it seems like.  Saturday night is packed, a few less Friday night.

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

The only national I go to is Canterbury.  There are more people there every year it seems like.  Saturday night is packed, a few less Friday night.

No desire. I did take in the auto races at Elkhart Lake a couple weeks back. That was pretty cool. Lots of gorgeous women too. 

54 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hahaha, Not exactly.  The rumor that Cat is pulling out of racing is becoming more of a reality every day.  

I don't even follow that stuff but they had to have been losing money on it for them to get out. 

13 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Oh My God the new RS is so bad ass.  SkiDoo never stops adding technology to their race sleds.  Cat and Poo should just hang it up.

https://www.ski-doo.com/content/ski-doo/en_US/community/x-team-racing/mxz-x-600rs-2020.html?fbclid=IwAR0GgWZbvEl4bEqwZO6OC92BQjAViXma6XIUSRxen5sGGgjd1mb8bp036go#.XXT9XleSPfM.facebook

MXZ-600RS-2020-1.jpg

MXZ-600RS-2020-4.jpg

MXZ-600RS-2020-3.jpg

They sell for such short money after a season too.  Christ the shocks alone gotta be worth north of 4 grand or close

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Well, when you give away the sleds for less than it cost to build them............. Yea.  

So is that why there would be 9 cats and one skidoo or Polaris in a heat? So cat could say "look at all of the races cat won!"? Kinda what we thought... :news:

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

I don't even follow that stuff but they had to have been losing money on it for them to get out. 

It’s a money pit, and I doubt that sno x sells sleds anymore. Crossovers is the big market 

5 hours ago, Anler said:

So the rumor must be true, cat is finally coming out with something new and that's why the 2020 is a big blah.

That’s the rumor we are being led to believe.  I can’t say I’m buying into it like I did though.  We’ll see.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Hard for me to get excited about these tiny little tracks and 30 second laptimes.  I wish cross country racing was more popular, or they could host races at venues with respectable length tracks.

If we are all being honest though,  Even if XC is more the style we ride, SX is much more exciting.  The Red Bull XC/SX race they did at ERX years ago was a perfect track for both.

50 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Oh My God the new RS is so bad ass.  SkiDoo never stops adding technology to their race sleds.  Cat and Poo should just hang it up.

https://www.ski-doo.com/content/ski-doo/en_US/community/x-team-racing/mxz-x-600rs-2020.html?fbclid=IwAR0GgWZbvEl4bEqwZO6OC92BQjAViXma6XIUSRxen5sGGgjd1mb8bp036go#.XXT9XleSPfM.facebook

MXZ-600RS-2020-1.jpg

MXZ-600RS-2020-4.jpg

MXZ-600RS-2020-3.jpg

That might be my next one.  The conversions are getting more complicated on the racers though.

38 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I’ve been hearing SX is dying as long as I’ve been hearing AC is going out of business.  Best bet for sledding rumors:. Done believe people that ride a fucking Poo.  Their “we can’t be #1 in sales” and always #3 on the track” little brother attitude is just fun to watch.  :lmao:

30 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Exactly.  

Yeah...but not really though.  :lol:

15 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

So did Cat even have any race sleds on display at Haydays.  XC. Hill X, Hill Climb, etc?   All I see from the pictures on facebook are consumer sleds with some accessories from the catalog.  

no race sleds displayed and only 3 sxs/atv on display 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

no race sleds displayed and only 3 sxs/atv on display 

You would think they would be displaying the WildCat XX or maybe a nice optioned out Havoc.  

Did they at least have a Riot to show off? 

10 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

You would think they would be displaying the WildCat XX or maybe a nice optioned out Havoc.  

Did they at least have a Riot to show off? 

Lots of Riot's on display.  Dealers even had them for sale.

The 8000RR looked nice.  That was the best bang for the buck last spring.

Polaris seems to have the 850 fixed.  The Doo race sled is even more impressive in person.  The Doo is going to be a rocket ship this year.  

2 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Polaris seems to have the 850 fixed.  The Doo race sled is even more impressive in person.  The Doo is going to be a rocket ship this year.  

The RS is just incredible.  It's going to be a very tough sled to beat on the SnoX track.  

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Yeah I couldn’t turn down an RR for that price. Bargain