Check your account email address ×

Would you assist a cop?

Pete

California Gov. Gavin Newsom, a Democrat, on Tuesday signed a bill that no longer requires any "able-bodied person 18 years of age or older" in the state to help an officer who requests assistance during an arrest.

The Sacramento Bee reported that the old law, the California Posse Comitatus Act of 1872, was common in the country’s early days, but Sen. Bob Hertzberg, a Los Angeles Democrat who sponsored the bill, called the old law a “vestige of a bygone era." The law was employed to help catch runaway slaves, the report said.

The old law made it a misdemeanor that carried a fine of up to $1,000 for refusing to help a police officer who requested assistance during an arrest.

The report said Newsom did not issue a statement after signing the bill.

The California State Sheriff’s Association said in a statement that it is “unconvinced that this statute should be repealed.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/californias-newsom-signs-bill-allowing-citizen-to-refuse-to-help-a-police-officer

2 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

If it were a car accident and I was on scene with the cop before medical personnel, sure I'd gladly help out.

I would hope even JihadBen would help, too!!

I have ....in fact I was first on the scene of a head on between a Ford festiva and a semi. I stayed all the way through jaws of life extraction. I was soaked in blood when I was done and didnt even know it. That's not what the question was though.

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I have ....in fact I was first on the scene of a head on between a Ford festiva and a semi. I stayed all the way through jaws of life extraction. I was soaked in blood when I was done and didnt even know it. That's not what the question was though.

more lies smh

36 minutes ago, hayward said:

:lol:

That's what I did too!  :lol: 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

I’d put my knee on your forehead to assist a cop arresting you. :lol:  🖕

:lol: 

I'd most likely assist in an arrest.  It may save the person's life!!!!  :lmao: 

1 minute ago, washedupmxer said:

more lies smh

You gonna cry dripper.....got a few tears coming down your cheek?

Dumbass faggot....

"Derp....I got the CTE cause I forget things when i drink too much derp"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You gonna cry dripper.....got a few tears coming down your cheek?

Dumbass faggot....

"Derp....I got the CTE cause I forget things when i drink too much derp"

you make up stories to try to be cool on the internet :lol: 

Edited by washedupmxer

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I can't believe you just went ahead and admitted to driving a ford festiva. :lol:

I used to appreciate cops. Now they’re like another branch of the criminal element. Driving around in their black ford explorers wearing Oakley’s and a black baseball cap. Completely disengaged from the community that they’re paid to protect. 

• Like 2