Check your account email address ×

Negative Rates Are Coming for Your Savings

Just now, spin_dry said:

That was tried in the early to mid “00’s. People had a blast with new shit bought with home equity. 

And the difference now is? I only know one person who buys stuff with cash, me. 

4 hours ago, Anler said:

So lower rates aren't designed to promote spending?

Kind of. It’s to get commercial banks lending money rather than having high liquidity and needing to pay interest on the cash. 

Edited by spin_dry

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Kind of. It’s to get commercial lending money rather than having high liquidity and needing pay interest on the cash. 

And what happens then? Inflation happens. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Snake said:

Myself and Scottie Sidewinder just went in on 30 acres in (more) Northern Maine. Full cabin, everything runs on solar/propane, and the back boundry is the ITS trail. $46k, $23k a piece, at a 0% owner finance.

sweet

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Myself and Scottie Sidewinder just went in on 30 acres in (more) Northern Maine. Full cabin, everything runs on solar/propane, and the back boundry is the ITS trail. $46k, $23k a piece, at a 0% owner finance.

Congrats on the buy but good luck with buying it with someone else. It never ends well. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Congrats on the buy but good luck with buying it with someone else. It never ends well. 

My father made great coin buying land with a 'partner'. It's simply a matter of having the right lawyer (my brother) write up the deed.

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

My father made great coin buying land with a 'partner'. It's simply a matter of having the right lawyer (my brother) write up the deed.

That’s all well and good but wait till you start scheduling weeks and weekends. He brings up some assholes you don’t like, they fuck up the place etc. Your friends do something he doesn’t like.

It won’t end well.

48 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

That’s all well and good but wait till you start scheduling weeks and weekends. He brings up some assholes you don’t like, they fuck up the place etc. Your friends do something he doesn’t like.

It won’t end well.

Why are all liberals such downtrodden sad sacks of shit? 

51 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

It won’t end well.

When I bought my cottage the original owners were forced to sell.  It was timeshared by two couples and when one of the husband's passed, the other couple could not buy the widow out.  The widow had no next of kin but the kids of the other couple thought it would just get willed to them.:lol:

The same happens with family though.  

55 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

It won’t end well.

Thank you for the sage advice.

3 hours ago, Snake said:

Congrats!

25 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Why are all liberals such downtrodden sad sacks of shit? 

They are raised that way.

17 minutes ago, Snake said:

Thank you for the sage advice.

I mean...what would you ever do without that nugget?  You'd be lost.  It's almost like he thinks everyone here is less experienced than him.  :lol: 

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

You can add me to that list.  

Image result for founder in me too tshirt

7 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Home prices will tumble do to high mortgage rates which is great for buyers who look ahead.

if my wife would listen the house would be on the market already and I'd rent till the market drops 25%+.   I can rent for 2500-2700/mo and put 500k in my pocket 

15 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

if my wife would listen the house would be on the market already and I'd rent till the market drops 25%+.   I can rent for 2500-2700/mo and put 500k in my pocket 

The first 5 words.:lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

It won’t end well.

My uncle tried getting in with my father.

Nope, it's mine, no fights that way!

24 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Agree.... ride it out.

52 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Yep. Cars, tractor, atv, skidoo, lawn tractor, paving, Honda snowblower, welder, 4 post lift. All cash.

I save for something i want. Then I go get it.

That's all fine but you may not be doing yourself any favours.