Check your account email address ×

The FDA named 16 dog food brands linked to canine heart disease – Here’s what to feed your dog instead

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

You are very blessed to only have to worry about the food you feed your dog, when others have to worry about their child being decimated in a drone strike. 

And then there’s you. Chewing gum and walking. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

This negro eats anything and everything...even bird seed.  The freak.  5 months and 74 pounds now.  He’s gonna be a biggun!  Fucker is attacking me!!!!!  God damn it!!!!

F0F1DFAE-FBFC-4714-8B05-138B6D6B6EAF.jpeg

Now that's a smart fucking dog!!!

1 hour ago, s pump said:

We use the Fromm duck and sweet potato. I see these lists lately and they seem to be negative campaign ad like to me. Imma do some more reading.

20190818_133604.jpg

Actually, I kinda thought the same as I’ve seen several of these “reads” come across my news feeds.  I kinda briefed over them and gave it mild thought.  My vet sealed the deal though with some pretty hard information.  She actually said going back to the basics of a Pedigree or Dog Chow food was better and more proven. These newer “grain free boutique” type foods are relatively new but it’s already been definitely determined that the replacement ingredients are risky with the canine system.

It’s not like these foods are cheap.  I’m not paying $2-3 a pound for that risk.  

2 hours ago, s pump said:

We use the Fromm duck and sweet potato. I see these lists lately and they seem to be negative campaign ad like to me. Imma do some more reading.

20190818_133604.jpg

Fromm is a Wisconsin company. Very high quality food. The article is referring to brands involved with marketing and selling grain free foods. Fromm has both grain free and vegetable/meat foods. I used to feed my dogs fromms until one dog developed a food allergy to something in the food. Doesn’t make the food bad though. The indications are that unless you have a working class dog needing a high performance food, steer clear of grain free foods. Most our dogs are fucking lazy sloths. 

Edited by spin_dry

• Platinum Contributing Member

FDA?   I have 3 dogs and am a dog lover as much as anyone but I'm pretty sure the FDA has better things to do than dog food/ dog heart disease studies.  

42 minutes ago, Highmark said:

FDA?   I have 3 dogs and am a dog lover as much as anyone but I'm pretty sure the FDA has better things to do than dog food/ dog heart disease studies.  

Well, apparently not.  I’m sure they are another agency bloated with overstaffing and a ridiculously high budget.