Check your account email address ×

Veterinarian cost.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Why bother testing them then?  The medicine is cheap.  :dunno:

I had a couple need treatment years ago using your theory....I can’t remember how much but it was $$$$$$$.  

The heart worm test is bundled with others like lymes. The only dog I’ve ever known to get heartworm was the in-laws. And it was on the medication. 

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

What the fuck is up with vet costs.  Vaccination, wellness check, stool sample, heart worm, Lyme blood work. $230. Then a $65 prescription for a foot rash. It cost less for my check up and blood work. Tomorrow I take dog #2 in. Fuck. 

No diff then a human. Pay the bill

No more pets for us. My younger brother took his 15 year old cat in because she was losing weight and not eating. Tests revealed a growth. Tests were 800.00. Surgery was extra. He asked how much a bullet was and they looked at him like was a serial killer. His was pressed on and the cat was put down 6 months later.

• Platinum Contributing Member

We're lucky to have a good and reasonable vet just down the road....I took Sadie  on a weekend for an emergency call and had her chest sewn up and including the emergency fee I was right around 250 bucks. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The best part of not owning pets is.............. everything.  

I can only imagine but, kudos to those like you that realize a pet isn’t a good move for your lifestyle.  Nothing good happens when you ignore that.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

What the fuck is up with vet costs.  Vaccination, wellness check, stool sample, heart worm, Lyme blood work. $230. Then a $65 prescription for a foot rash. It cost less for my check up and blood work. Tomorrow I take dog #2 in. Fuck. 

Thats nothing.    Try double acl surguries twice and another that had severe pancreatitis.   :lmao:

Edited by Highmark

Our vets around here are still pretty reasonable but up near our cabin they are way lower price. I carry insurance on both of our dogs mainly because my wife would spend every penny we have on them. It's pretty cheap to just cover major stuff up to $5000.

$25 a month for the 1-1/2 year old and $75 a month for the 11 year old.

I remember my Airedale was suffering with a bad skin condition, rashes , oily skin, just terrible .  3 visits to the vet over next couple months, 700 bucks later, a bunch of meds and my poor dog is still suffering.  Wtf is so hard to diagnose about a dog with a skin condition?!  I started thinking i was going to have to put him down.  Wife decides to call her cousin, who’s a vet in Mass.  she says, it sounds like sarcoptic mange.  Tell doc to treat him with whatever medicine.  I go back and basically unload on the guy for all the suffering my dog was dealing with, why arent you treating him for mange?  He gives me some mealy mouthed excuse and prescribes the exact medicine wifes cousin recommended.  Within a week, he had turned around almost 100%.  That was the last dime I spent at that motherfuckers office.