Check your account email address ×

Probably the best fucking steak I've ever had

1 minute ago, ford_428cj said:

Steak I had was way bigger - had a huge baked tater, garlic bread, green beans & zucchini with it as well. Powered it down son...

I will admit - I did feel like a snacks after tho...

I dont have much of an appetite when its 85 degrees and 100% humidity....especially when I'm working outside

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I dont have much of an appetite when its 85 degrees and 100% humidity....especially when I'm working outside

I got home from golfing in 78 & perfect with beers ...then drinks whilst grilling. So I hammered down...

I work off that on other days...

• Platinum Contributing Member
58 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Steak I had was way bigger - had a huge baked tater, garlic bread, green beans & zucchini with it as well. Powered it down son...

I will admit - I did feel like a snacks after tho...

So you felt Virile, Vigorous and Potent.....Outstanding!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

:quaqmire:

Instead of knocking it, why not try it?   Get a nice 2" ribeye, put it in a 225° oven until it hits an internal temp 115.  Pull it out of the oven and get a cast iron pan good and hot.  Sear each side and serve.    Let us know what you think.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

Instead of knocking it, why not try it?   Get a nice 2" ribeye, put it in a 225° oven until it hits an internal temp 115.  Pull it out of the oven and get a cast iron pan good and hot.  Sear each side and serve.    Let us know what you think.

It's called a reverse sear. It is amazing. This is a ribeye NOT a pot roast so little different than Ben's. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, ckf said:

He couldn’t pull it off. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ckf said:

No smoke flavor & no mess in kitchen using grill. The steaks I cook are incredible good - can't see them being beat by a pan tbh ...

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Midwest mouth breathers who wouldn’t know a good steak if it hit them across the face? 

Impressive! 

Good steaks don’t hit us in the face here.  What the fuck is wrong with your meat out there?

:lmao:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

My man!  Honestly, a steak without sautéed mushrooms/onions just isn’t the same.  Mmmmmmmm..

Agreed. Don’t usually include onions because they just take too long to get right. 

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Agreed. Don’t usually include onions because they just take too long to get right. 

I use a bit of water to steam them up just right.....then add butter.  The water speeds up the caramelization process but can make them too soft in a hurry.  I like them a bit crunchy.  ~5 mins.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I use a bit of water to steam them up just right.....then add butter.  The water speeds up the caramelization process but can make them too soft in a hurry.  I like them a bit crunchy.  ~5 mins.

Good tip. Thanks I’ll try that. 

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

Midwest mouth breathers who wouldn’t know a good steak if it hit them across the face? 

Impressive! 

Let's be honest here - you have failed on the grill & looked like a fool. That's why you take the easy pan method now ... :snack:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Let's be honest here - you have failed on the grill & looked like a fool. That's why you take the easy pan method now ... :snack:

Wrong. I do it about 60/40 pan vs. grill. 

You have a limited at best cooking knowledge and have only done it one way. 

Anyone who knows anything about cooking in this thread is laughing at you. 

2 hours ago, frenchy said:

Nothing. 10 mins ago. 

56A6D27D-A3A4-4F19-BADA-AB03F3DB9A4F.thumb.jpeg.c66c17f80bbda37d5f5a87f4049850d6.jpeg

Yum. That looks incredible. I just finished a great dinner but Im sure i could eat that with little to no effort at all. 

The best part is I know exactly how it tastes just from the picture. Or at least I think I do. Hahahaha

Edited by AKIQPilot
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yum. That looks incredible. I just finished a great dinner but Im sure i could eat that with little to no effort at all. 

The best part is I know exactly how it tastes just from the picture. Or at least I think I do. Hahahaha

Yes you do. Bone in rib eye is consistant. It,s simply the best.