Check your account email address ×

Private jets and Yachts for Climate change conference.

• Platinum Contributing Member

The hypocrisy is almost funny anymore.  

For many of the ultra rich (including celebs) I really don't think they believe in some of the shit they spew.   They just somehow want the "regular people" to think they are on their side.   

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The hypocrisy is almost funny anymore.  

For many of the ultra rich (including celebs) I really don't think they believe in some of the shit they spew.   They just somehow want the "regular people" to think they are on their side.   

the ultra rich always think they personally don't need to do anything but everyone else does. Their job is just to tell everyone how they are ruining the planet. After all there's so few of the uber rich what they do can't possibly count.

• Like 1

Just now, frenchy said:

the ultra rich always think they personally don't need to do anything but everyone else does. Their job is just to tell everyone how they are ruining the planet. After all there's so few of the uber rich what they do can't possibly count.

Well "their part" is talking about it.   Just like Bernie says being a liberal is enough and he doesn't need to give to charity.  :lol:  

21 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

100 companies produce 70% of the world's pollution. 

According to the Carbon Majors Report.  :lol:  

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

They certainly have a sense of entitlement.

27 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

100 companies produce 70% of the world's pollution. 

Based on C02 being bad and that study, from 88, points out fossil fuel companies and no others that I have seen. Think it might have been a biased report? 

8 minutes ago, irv said:

They certainly have a sense of entitlement.

Based on C02 being bad and that study, from 88, points out fossil fuel companies and no others that I have seen. Think it might have been a biased report? 

Pollution isnt just CO2. Alot of toxic stuff gets dumped in the water, dirt and air. 

I wouldnt be too serious about changing our lifestyles at the behest of the govt until they get their act "cleaned up"

Producing more hazardous waste than the five largest U.S. chemical companies combined, the U.S. Department of Defense has left its toxic legacy throughout the world in the form of depleted uranium, oil, jet fuel, pesticides, defoliants like Agent Orange and lead, among others.

In 2014, the former head of the Pentagon's environmental program told Newsweek that her office has to contend with 39,000 contaminated areas spread across 19 million acres just in the U.S. alone.

U.S. military bases, both domestic and foreign, consistently rank among some of the most polluted places in the world, as perchlorate and other components of jet and rocket fuel contaminate sources of drinking water, aquifers and soil. Hundreds of military bases can be found on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) list of Superfund sites, which qualify for clean-up grants from the government.

Almost 900 of the nearly 1,200 Superfund sites in the U.S. are abandoned military facilities or sites that otherwise support military needs, not counting the military bases themselves.

"Almost every military site in this country is seriously contaminated," John D. Dingell, a retired Michigan congressman and war veteran, told Newsweek in 2014. Camp Lejeune in Jacksonville, North Carolina is one such base. Lejeune's contamination became widespread and even deadly after its groundwater was polluted with a sizable amount of carcinogens from 1953 to 1987.

However, it was not until this February that the government allowed those exposed to chemicals at Lejeune to make official compensation claims. Numerous bases abroad have also contaminated local drinking water supplies, most famously the Kadena Air Force Base in Okinawa.

Between 1946 and 1958, the U.S. tested 66 nuclear weapons near Bikini atoll. Populations living nearby in the Marshall Islands were exposed to measurable levels of radioactive fallout from these tests. National Cancer Institute

In addition, the U.S., which has conducted more nuclear weapons tests than all other nations combined, is also responsible for the massive amount of radiation that continues to contaminate many islands in the Pacific Ocean. The Marshall Islands, where the U.S. dropped more than sixty nuclear weapons between 1946 and 1958, are a particularly notable example. Inhabitants of the Marshall Islands and nearby Guam continue to experience an exceedingly high rate of cancer.

The American Southwest was also the site of numerous nuclear weapons tests that contaminated large swaths of land. Navajo Indian reservations have been polluted by long-abandoned uranium mines where nuclear material was obtained by U.S. military contractors.

31 minutes ago, Anler said:

Who then?

"100 companies produce 70% of the world's pollution." 

They don't produce 70% of the world's "pollution" they produce 70% of the fossil fuels that we use.   Kind a poor way of making the statement.

I also have to laugh a calling something we are dead without a pollutant.  :lol:  

Bold is simply a bullshit way of saying it.  

Just 100 companies have been the source of more than 70% of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions since 1988, according to a new report.

The Carbon Majors Report (pdf) “pinpoints how a relatively small set of fossil fuel producers may hold the key to systemic change on carbon emissions,” says Pedro Faria, technical director at environmental non-profit CDP, which published the report in collaboration with the Climate Accountability Institute.

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

"100 companies produce 70% of the world's pollution." 

They don't produce 70% of the world's "pollution" they produce 70% of the fossil fuels that we use.   Kind a poor way of making the statement.

I also have to laugh a calling something we are dead without a pollutant.  :lol:  

I dont know if you knew this but fossil fuel companies are historically pretty big polluters... 

Just now, Anler said:

I dont know if you knew this but fossil fuel companies are historically pretty big polluters... 

Sure but 70's of actual GHG emissions not counting what they sell that's burned and produces GHG.   Sorry I'm not buying that.  

Just now, Highmark said:

Sure but 70's of actual GHG emissions not counting what they sell that's burned and produces GHG.   Sorry I'm not buying that.  

Im not just talking about green house gases. I am talking about toxic pollutants. This whole global warming argument usurps the fact that we treat the earth worse than a toilet at a taco bell.

4 hours ago, Anler said:

Pollution isnt just CO2. Alot of toxic stuff gets dumped in the water, dirt and air. 

C02 isn't a pollutant,,,,,,,,, period. :news: