Check your account email address ×

Good lawd,Trump is a shoe in.

Just now, BOHICA said:

Almost none....  I’m sure the head chiefs at the international will cook the books an get some into the Dems hand.

Delaney hit up on it last night and beat Sanders and Warren badly over Medicare for all....  his old man was an IBEW member.

So you are clueless, just like I suspected. 

Do you know what the #1 union killer is? Its prevailing wage. Do you know what the #1 agenda is for republican governors? Elimination of prevailing wage. Its happened in several states already. 

You may think that doesnt affect you but it does and I will tell you why. The biggest contractors in the country are all public works contractors. Public works contracts must comply with prevailing wage. So the unions get most of their money from public works contracts which are the highest wages in most regions (generally). Once prevailing wage is eliminated every single one of them will start a non-union company to stay alive which means the union will not be getting its bread and butter money anymore. Which means they wont be contributing to your pension or welfare plans which will quickly disolve. I'm already seeing it happen in Wisconsin, Indiana and West Virginia. 

I hope you dont live long enough to see your bennies run out, but the writing is on the wall. With State, city and federal debts nearing insolvency there will need to be concessions. Enjoy that cadillac insurance plan while you have it! :bc:   

• Like 1

• Gold Member

People need power.  People can’t live with out.   I live in a right to work state.  I have always done better under a republican president.  1 hurricane is all it takes....  throw in a Midwest ice storm and all is good.  IBEW is like the greatest temp service agency...  hire a lineman when you need, and let them go when you are done.  Put a call into the haul for a week worth of work and then let the guy go...  employer doesn’t have to take on the hiring process and expense to just make call to the haul and get a worker.  Union contractor excell in right to work states cause of the pool of workers ready to rock...  non union you either have to keep them on in slow time or you typically lose them...  they move on.

• Gold Member

@Anler

Ibew 1245 is sucking up lineman left and right.  7/12’s at least and $200 a day Perdiem.  All OT is double.  Getting more double time then straight time...   Over $8 an hour going into pension.  Cadillac healthcare.  Surrounding states utilities and contractors are having to pay out the ass to keep there help from walking.

slap a hurricane in the middle of this and my god....  it’s a good time to be a lineman.  Last boom we had like this was under Bush.

https://ibew1245.com/2019/07/18/outside-construction-report-july-2019/

https://ibew1245.com/outside-construction-dispatch/wage-rates/

Edited by BOHICA

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

@Anler

Ibew 1245 is sucking up lineman left and right.  7/12’s at least and $200 a day Perdiem.  All OT is double.  Getting more double time then straight time...   Over $8 an hour going into pension.  Cadillac healthcare.  Surrounding states utilities and contractors are having to pay out the ass to keep there help from walking.

slap a hurricane in the middle of this and my god....  it’s a good time to be a lineman.  Last boom we had like this was under Bush.

https://ibew1245.com/2019/07/18/outside-construction-report-july-2019/

https://ibew1245.com/outside-construction-dispatch/wage-rates/

Oh I know, I am just telling you how you will lose your pension some day. :bc: 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Anler said:

I’m already vested and only have maybe 10-15 years to go...  pensions for lineman aren’t going anywhere.  

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Roofers,stationary engineerings and iragation contractors are just three examples of two sided shops that is very common in IL. It’s already happening.

15 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Roofers,stationary engineerings and iragation contractors are just three examples of two sided shops that is very common in IL. It’s already happening.

Painters and teamsters are pretty bad too. 

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

Other then commercial installations those are all DIY/YouTube professions or hirer your nearest illegal immigrant so yes there will be some concessions in that.

Edited by BOHICA

9 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Other then commercial installations those are all DIY/YouTube professions or hirer your nearest illegal immigrant so yes there will be some concessions in that.

That would be a big fat wrong! Some of the biggest roofing contractors in the Midwest,not doing residential.  Have two sided shops. Have you ever heard of Jones Lang Lasalle? How about CBRE? They were big time Union management companies. They are now two sided shops. Wake the fuck up! 

9 hours ago, Anler said:

Painters and teamsters are pretty bad too. 

Yes it is,and when storms roll through,our state is over run with local linemen from down south. Looking for the prevailing wage,and could care less about the benefit package! Some one those guys are only on paper with the Union.

On 7/31/2019 at 9:09 AM, BOHICA said:

Do I care what they pay????   I have great insurance that is part of my job.   Managements signed off on it and nobody is hold a gun to there head.

bernies plan is to have everyone on shit insurance

That's a dunce comment, you should care what it costs only because lower cost healthcare could result in you taking home more on the check.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

That's a dunce comment, you should care what it costs only because lower cost healthcare could result in you taking home more on the check.

Valid statement Vince until you look at where the vast majority of savings come from in any of the Medicare for all plans.  Cost of labor.  Sorry but asking every single worker in the HC field to take a check doesn't spur my confidence that the quality of care will increase. 

On 7/31/2019 at 9:36 AM, Anler said:

The only dem candidate with a clue is Tulsi and she is being black balled. Murica!

Wouldn't that be the democrat elite and the main stream media?

1 minute ago, Anler said:

What are you getting at? 

Did the American people blackball Tulsi? 'Murica?

I said no, it is not 'Murica. It's democrat elitists and the MSM.

14 minutes ago, Snake said:

Did the American people blackball Tulsi? 'Murica?

I said no, it is not 'Murica. It's democrat elitists and the MSM.

Yeah no shit sherlock. 

6 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Yah well wear it cuz its the DemonCUNTs eating their own afterbirth Bro  :guzzle: they are Evil 

Yeah they are dumb as fuck. Just like you!

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Employers will not give what they pay in healthcare for the employee to the employee.  Won’t happen....

3 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Yes sir. $5 a hour raise can be $1 on the check and $4 to the benefit package.