Check your account email address ×

Weekend thread!!!!!!!!11

7 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Weekends....weekdays it’s all the same here. Is gonna be hot and humid here for the next 3 days. Gotta replace first and second floor bath showers with new valves etc. ....maybe after it cools off a bit. The list grows.

i feel you, humidity is keeping the bedliner from drying on my panels for the jeep and i was sweating my balls off doing some other stuff so i am going to wait till tonight to tape up the flares.  hopefully after dark it cools down.  i hate masking but too many bolts would need to be drilled out to remove them.  

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Woodtick said:

Not sure why #2 is staying around $2? It’s hardly worth separating it. I separated because I had 2” K. Milwaukee 18V band saw makes short work of it. The electrical contractor on the job that I’m on has pulled 1000’s of pounds of wire off the Job.  He said they are sitting on it until the price goes back up on wire. That’s great if you have a place to store it.

Ive never bothered with wire as we don't generate enough scrap. Most of mine is junk backflow preventers and copper with some valves tossed in.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Ive never bothered with wire as we don't generate enough scrap. Most of mine is junk backflow preventers and copper with some valves tossed in.

$1.45  a pound is what I got for that type. 

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Prices seam the same as last run I made. Slow week ahead I may have to go drop mine.

I have about 100 lbs of brass. Also heard old batteries bring 5-8 bucks each. Looks like lobsters and steamers for next weekend!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Did some recycling this morning, because that’s what environmentalists do.:hi:

2B2407A5-69F3-447C-A54A-2C3D028E3299.jpeg

That's like 1/10th of the check I just got from cozzi

9 hours ago, Anler said:

That's like 1/10th of the check I just got from cozzi

Well ya dick head,because you had scrap figure into the job,and it it all went back to your greedy ass. This was hard earned rabbit,that was missed on the bid, because it was insulated and they thought it was all black pipe. Here,take a tall glass of you no get no rabbit fuckface! :finger3:

6 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Well ya dick head,because you had scrap figure into the job,and it it all went back to your greedy ass. This was hard earned rabbit,that was missed on the bid, because it was insulated and they thought it was all black pipe. Here,take a tall glass of you no get no rabbit fuckface! :finger3:

GET THE RABBIT IN THE CAR!!!!

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:04 PM, steve from amherst said:

Prices seam the same as last run I made. Slow week ahead I may have to go drop mine.

You posted a couple of weeks ago, that you had a ton of work lined up. What happened? 

SEEM 

55 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

You posted a couple of weeks ago, that you had a ton of work lined up. What happened? 

SEEM 

Waiting on an indian chapel In  Groton MA,.  They put in a well and drilled it too close to the road. Now they need to apply for a variance for it. With my luck it will not happen until winterizing season. Dealt with the same thing last august in Rye for a small one . That job never happened until this may.  Was hoping this chapel would be ready by last week as it will take us 3 weeks working 3 days a week there.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Waiting on an indian chapel In  Groton MA,.  They put in a well and drilled it too close to the road. Now they need to apply for a variance for it. With my luck it will not happen until winterizing season. Dealt with the same thing last august in Rye for a small one . That job never happened until this may.  Was hoping this chapel would be ready by last week as it will take us 3 weeks working 3 days a week there.

We saw an article in the Boston Globe about that place. It's the biggest fukken HINDU place in the country, if I'm not mistaken. It will hold 5000 people!!! 

Wow, that will be a big job!! 

Me personally, I have what's known as psychological aversion to Hindus. Some of my friends hate working for them, they always try to cut your price down, or fuck you over. I would NEVAH do  job for a Hindu. I would starve before going anywhere near them. 

I'm sure you know what you're doing...………..get a good written contract, 1/3 up front, 1/3 half-way, 1/3 at completion. 

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

We saw an article in the Boston Globe about that place. It's the biggest fukken HINDU place in the country, if I'm not mistaken. It will hold 5000 people!!! 

Wow, that will be a big job!! 

Me personally, I have what's known as psychological aversion to Hindus. Some of my friends hate working for them, they always try to cut your price down, or fuck you over. I would NEVAH do  job for a Hindu. I would starve before going anywhere near them. 

I'm sure you know what you're doing...………..get a good written contract, 1/3 up front, 1/3 half-way, 1/3 at completion. 

Im subbing for a landscaper and payments are thru him , not the Indians.

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

How many people who've worked for you have you stiffed Mr WELCHER

Never stiffed anybody, but I lost a helper last year. Fukken bastid!!! I was talking about the RACE WAR a lot, an d his kid's best friend was a black kid. I think he told his wife how I talked and I'm pretty sure the wife got pissed at me, and told him to not come over anymore. FUKKIN BASTID, he was all buddy-buddy when he was getting paid. He used to service our oil burner/boiler, and some plumbing. Lucky for me I found people to replace him, but I am still wicked pissed off at him, 'cause he was a fukken weasel about it. Never gave me a heads-up call to tell me he was not coming over anymore. I would have been screwed had I not found new people.