Check your account email address ×

• Platinum Contributing Member

Driving to a service call yesterday and all of a sudden the passenger window in the f-350 just fucking blows up. Not sure if it was a BB , a rock or something else. Never found anything when cleaning up the glass.

• Sad 1

Happened to me back in college once just driving down the road.  The driver door glass just shattered.  It was explained to me that it has something to do with the tempering of the glass.  Doesn't happen often , but it does happen.

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Somebody here had that same thing happen to their rear window in their Ford...just exploded.

Ford had a problem with that on the 2009-2014. They would shatter if you used the rear defrost at time or one side at random would pop. 

Glad I bought a Tundra instead of one of those cobbled together Mexican heaps. :snack:

Sorry to hear about the window, hopefully either covered under your glass coverage or ford goes good for it :bc:

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Somebody here had that same thing happen to their rear window in their Ford...just exploded.

That was AMG. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GGNHL said:

Glad I bought a Tundra instead of one of those cobbled together Mexican heaps. :snack:

Sorry to hear about the window, hopefully either covered under your glass coverage or ford goes good for it :bc:

gm is mexican,  fords american made

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

gm is mexican,  fords american made

Some of the gm trucks are made in Flint and Pontiac, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio and Canada. Not all are from Mexico. Check the vin#.

Just now, Edmo said:

Some of the gm trucks are made in Flint and Pontiac, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio and Canada. Not all are from Mexico. Check the vin#.

My 2014 Silverado was made in Ft. Wayne

13 minutes ago, Edmo said:

all the crew 1500's were mexico made unless thats changed,  the half cabs from merica.  

4 hours ago, GGNHL said:

Covered under insurance. Warrenty is long gone. My next oil change is due at 1/4 million miles.

Edited by steve from amherst

19 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Covered under insurance. Warrenty is long gone. My next oil change is due at 1/4 million miles.

I’ve been driving a full size Toyota for three years now. I don't think it’s any better or worse than the GMs or fords I've owned. I’d say about even. Some things I like better, some I don’t...