Check your account email address ×

Electric cars have come a long ways

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

So didn't saab

Ya know, now that I think about it it may have been Saab, I was 14 when high school kid I knew had a blue 2 stroke auto, goofy sounding thing and it could have been a Saab..in was in 1961, long time ago.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, XCR1250 said:

Ya know, now that I think about it it may have been Saab, I was 14 when high school kid I knew had a blue 2 stroke auto, goofy sounding thing and it could have been a Saab..in was in 1961, long time ago.

My dad owned one in the mid 60's.

saab.png

Just now, steve from amherst said:

My dad owned one in the mid 60's.

saab.png

Pretty sure that's what it looked like, maybe the back end was slightly different perhaps another year or model, dunno for sure.

3 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Looks like the batteries are in the crumple zone.  Yikes

This was a later model , after reading some info on it's design. The gubbermint told them back in the day , that it had to have F- R crash impact zones , so they added some spring loaded  cylinders and moved the wet lead acid batteries out from under the seats to out front and rear in a tray. The body color matched battery covers are missing on this  unit. These things have quite a cult following with updated batteries and electrical controllers + higher h.p. motors + switching + tires wheels.  Not my thing.

11 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

That’s definitely a side effect from being dumb as rocks. I’m sure you are use to it by now stubby fingers. 

Thanks for telling us your life experiences man 

7 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

You have your money on two stroke triples?:lol:

It's cute watching you try and fill DerpRiders shoes but you even fail at emulating him. Trying to accomplish things on your own isn't your strong suit 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Internal combustion vehicles will be the next horse and buggy. 

Growing up watching the Jetsons I thought we'd be in flying cars that had bubbles for emission by now

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Plug in hybrid with a 40-50 mile electric is the future.

That’ll be the transition. When battery energy density improves enough to reach 500 miles between charges, the ic engine is dead. 

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

That’ll be the transition. When battery energy density improves enough to reach 500 miles between charges, the ic engine is dead. 

And not until then. I wouldn't be surprised to see diesel electric take over 2500 and up pickups.